It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Public Thank You To Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I wonder who might be the next puppet in chief?
Oh boy imagine Rand paul completly going a full 180 and starts playing the obama bush game with the mindless drones that make up the general public. That would be like a big f*ck you to the liberty movement.

Obama may have woken a lot of the american people to the corruption within the oval office just as bush has. Lets just hope the american people can stay awake after the republicians get in 2016.
It's their actions that woke us up. their decisions their choices. which each exeutive order being signed by the oval office we or should i say the US is inching towards having a hot police state.
edit on 30-8-2013 by truthofnitrous because: i'm the biggest # in world. wait i can cuss on ats? # YEAH!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

OP I'm just have'n a slight problem with this public thank you.
Maybe just a wink threw a schlit eat'n grin to give him
the impression you guys are cool ?
That might suffice ?
Later you could ask him to
"pull your finger " over drinks.

edit on 30-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Bush knew and Obama knows, the best toys come from somewhere.

The SSRC's relationship with the Syrian army began in 1973, when a presidential directive officially authorized relations between the two organizations.[6] Following an October 1983 presidential decree, all SSRC departments received an upgrade to the status of research institutes, and the director-general received the rank of a minister. Most importantly, the directive stipulated that the chief of staff, President Assad, would appoint members to the board of the SSRC, as well as its technical staff. [7]

In 2005, U.S. President George W. Bush issued Executive Order 13382: "Blocking Property of Weapons of Mass Destruction Proliferators and their Supporters," which placed the SSRC on the U.S. Treasury Department's Specially Designated Nationals list and prohibited U.S. citizens and residents from doing business with the SSRC. [8] In 2007, the U.S. Treasury Department froze the assets of other SSRC subsidiaries, listing SSRC as the "Syrian government agency responsible for developing and producing non-conventional weapons and the missiles to deliver them."[9] The suspicions mostly revolved around the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons and ballistic missiles.

Source

I am curious though, do you really think the NSA's spying programs could have penetrated Syria's central research centre? Can we even assume that the place is linked up to the internet to begin with?

edit on 30-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

So you're a mod?

Not a once did I see links in your thread.

Your thread is nothing but your opinion.. I expect to be slapped shortly.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I am curious though, do you really think the NSA's spying programs could have penetrated Syria's central research centre? Can we even assume that the place is linked up to the internet to begin with?

How do you distinguish the truth from the lies when all you're told is lies ?
This whole world as it is something men have created. Is the biggest bombastic lie
of all time.
IDK how to answer your question but at least that's truth.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Congratulations for calling an opinion piece an opinion. Opinion pieces often spark considerable discussion among people that share, oppose or even have no opinion on the subject matter. Here are some more opinions:

In above posts there is some discussion about Syria's research group. We know that Iraq had adequate delivery systems for its chemical weapons that it had used in the 1980's and 1990's. Many will recall the Scud missiles from the Gulf War. We found evidence of chemical weapon use during those era while on the ground during the Iraq War by uncovering mass graves.

The international community takes a very dim view of chemical weapon use, so while having them isn't illegal. Using them is unethical (at best) and considered "illegal" by most member nations of the UN. We know that Iraq had it, we were pretty sure it wasn't completely destroyed after the Gulf War as per the terms of the cease fire agreements. In fact we were so sure that when Saddam was playing games with UN weapons inspectors, it gave the US full legal cause to enforce those agreements that the Iraq War was started.

Was the war in Iraq the right thing to do? I am not sure. At the time it started, I was convinced it was a diversion of resources better spent in Afghanistan in the pursuit of Osama bin Laden. But I also saw a strategic value in using Iraq versus Afghanistan as the backdrop in fighting the War on Terror: In Iraq, there are less places to hide. So if the terrorists would have came to Iraq, it would have been an easier fight. Which of course was a plan that sounds like it was masterminded by Wile E. Coyote himself.

But as I said in the OP, Iraq's tech was claimed to have left the country into Syria and Jordan by convoy. Syria had a leap in weapons development during the Iraq War as stated by other posters. It doesn't take half baked ideas or a series of spotty connections to conclude that the opinion expressed in the OP is fairly valid. That Obama has validated Bush's war venture in Iraq which is counter to the reason Obama was elected in the first place.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Thank you Obama for proving you have the bal__ the rest of us thought were lost, and the best part is how cheap it was for you to find them, only American and Syrian lives, not dollars.

Thank you Obama for doing your best to improve the economy, we all know how war historically saves economy's, small sacrifice on our part, a possible WWIII, to make sure you leave office with a good economy.

Thank you Obama for doing your best to give jobs to all the young people who can't find one, a gender neutral draft because of WWIII will be just the cure for their joblessness, and decrease the surplus population as a bonus.

Thank you for thinking only of us and our reputation when you start WWIII.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I just saw the title of this thread, paused, checked my holsters, loaded extra ammo, smoked a cigarette, and was ready to wade into battle.

On the one hand it does feel good to be justified against an overwhelming wave of liberal angst, during the early years of the Bush Regime.

On the other hand, it saddens me that we were right and that in order to have justified it, people died.

Once again, I must point out that the ongoing meme that "It was Bush's fault, yet Obama is just a puppet" smacks of intellectual dishonesty and is an insult to those on the left that, while wrong, are doing what they see is a correct course of action.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
A great many of us have clearly seen through the political establishment (the Republican-Democrat mafia) that has bankrupted, diminished and relegated this country to the international pariah it has become at the behest of the L33TS that truly are in control. What has happened is no different than organized crime taking over the politics, police and courts of Chicago and other major cities in the last century. This time, they have done it on a national and are working toward a global scale. The evidence is as abundant as it is clear. The Constitution is ignored. The media is controlled. The police have become enforcers. Our 'elected' officials lie openly, frequently, and with impunity. The populace is systematically oppressed and robbed. There is no accountability. It couldn't possibly be more clear.

Yet there are still presumably intelligent people that just can't seem to 'get it'. They insist on making arguments for or against one party or the other, one administration or the other, as if there is one whit of difference between them. As if they answer to different masters. As if their agenda is any different.

Many of us BEG you people to abandon the establishment and the status quo and support alternative candidates in the hope that non-connected people can begin to shine a light on and start to dismantle the monstrosity that has perverted this country and defrauded its citizenry. But no. If only YOUR party had been elected everything would be skittles and rainbows. Seriously? Are you THAT hopelessly stupid? Or are you simply incapable of thinking outside of a binary framework? We're doomed not because of the people in office but because of YOU and your ilk. They say that the measure of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Congratulations. The inmates are running the asylum.

Rather than perpetuating this senseless crap we should be working together to run these criminals out of town. All of them. We can either do it by leveraging our combined political power or we can wait until things are so hopelessly out-of-control that we end up in the streets. Look at recent events in the ME. Look at Syria. Can you possibly imagine the horror in THIS country if we were forced to remove the political establishment by force? Can you comprehend the suffering, the scale of death and deprivation, that will be brought down on us?

We either start the change NOW before it's too late (if it already isn't) or you can watch Syria, Egypt, etc. to get a preview of our fate. And which party you supported won't matter for crap when it comes down. Get a clue. You people are better than this.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

That reminds me of a paper I wrote in high school on what it would take to get the draft going again. Basically I said it would take a large slump in the economy to the point jobs were so hard to come by that many job seekers would give up. At that point, a war would be started in order to institute a draft so as to lower the number of job seekers by competition and attrition.

I got an A on the paper and caused some very disturbed commentary from the history teacher who actually attached a sheet of paper to the essay to contain it all. That basically said that he hoped I either never entered politics or became an advisor because he saw that as far too plausible of an easy solution. He also said that he was going to make my paper part of his curriculum for years to come as something for his students to watch for because of that plausibility. I could tell a lot of stories about Mr. Moore, but that would be another thread in BTS, I think.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What proof do you have that Syria had no chemical weapons prior to the Iraq War invasion? Where do you people get this stupid stuff?

Actually, I guess the most discouraging part of this thread is how quickly the ignorant minions line up to offer thanks for providing them with the "truth."

I guess Forrest Gump's mom was right when she said, "stupid is, as stupid does." Sometimes, I think the entire anti-Obama crowd here on ATS has been infected with a disease, or maybe chemicals, that is eating away at their brains.

FYI, Syria had chemical weapons and the ability to deliver them long before Bush 43 lied us into the Iraq War.

www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - Syria, defeated by Israel in three wars and afraid its arch enemy had gained a nuclear arsenal, began in earnest to build a covert chemical weapons program three decades ago, aided by its neighbors, allies and European chemical wholesalers.

www.usatoday.com...

WASHINGTON — Syria's chemical weapons program stretches back decades, allowing the country to amass a supply of nerve and blister agents capable of being mounted on long-range missiles that could reach neighboring countries, according to government and independent analysts.

Its program stretches back to the 1970s or '80s — experts disagree on the precise time — as a means of developing a deterrent against Israel's presumed nuclear capabilities, according to analysts and a Congressional Research Service report.

en.wikipedia.org...

Western non-governmental organizations have stated they believe Syria has an active chemical weapons program.[9][10][11][12] The U.S. has stated that the Syria "has had a chemical warfare program since the mid-1980s", In 1988, a U.S. analyst described Syria's CW capability as more advanced than that of Iraq, however, Israel stated in 1989 that Syria had the "potential for chemical warfare, but not more than that".

www.nti.org...

Syria began developing an indigenous chemical production capability in 1971 at the Centre D'Etudes et de Recherches Scientifiques (CERS) – a facility in Damascus that today administers Syria's CW program while also contributing directly to research and development efforts. [14] According to Gordon Burck and Charles Flowerree, however, most reports indicate that Syria's CW production capability came online sometime in the mid-1980's. [15] In 1989, CIA Director William Webster testified that Syria had begun producing CW agents in the early 1980's. [16] In 1983, a U.S. Special National Intelligence Estimate first identified a Syrian CW production facility. By 1986, Seth Carus wrote that in just five years, Syria had obtained CW production technology from Western Europe and had focused its attention on producing nerve agents. [17] Reportedly, unidentified U.S. officials also indicated that Syria could produce sarin, a charge repeated by Shimon Peres. [18] By the end of 1986, Prime Minister Yitzhaq Shamir, Foreign Minister Shimon Peres, and Defense Minister Yitzhak Rabin had all openly stated that Syria was producing nerve agents and delivery systems. [19] By 1990, both media and statements by U.S. officials indicated that Syria had converted several agrochemical factories into sarin production facilities. [20] Reports then appeared alleging that Syria had begun researching the more toxic V-series nerve agents. Throughout the 1990s, reports pointed to continuing work on V-agents but also suggested a lack of success. [21] While the CIA never publicly committed to the view that Syria possessed VX, 721 reports in the 1990s claimed either that Syria "may be trying to develop more potent nerve agents," or that it "apparently tried to develop more toxic and persistent nerve agents."

The spread of ignorance at this magnitude along with the overwhelming F&S replies from the right-wing base of ATS posters, (33 flags and 40 stars in less than two pages) is both laughable and sickening. And to think that this spread of ignorance is originating from a Mod is just pathetic.

This ATS phenomena of awarding ignorance is exactly what was being discussed in another thread here; www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-8-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Incentive:

The extraterrestrials will land and greet us; if only we reject war.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

those are recent articles using recent language I have seen the media puke from one talking heads mouth into anothers.

If it is such a historic weapons program....you should be able to find an older article.
How about before 2001........not a few days

just a lowly minion asking....

edit on 30-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

So with this declaration, Obama and the Obama Administration is confirming that either Bush was right and there were WMD in Iraq or is admitting that US Intelligence, DHS, NSA spying and the Patriot Act under Obama's tenure has been so incompetent and misguided that Syria was able to develop and deploy military grade Chemical Weapons without our knowledge until after the fact.

Hmmm...

I have to comment on the strange logic employed. You arrived at that Either/Or how again?

The WMDs in Iraq? The Bush administration no longer contends that those weapons existed? Colin Powell et al. admitted that the intelligence was faulty. Namely that intelligence originated with a single/source defector from the Iraqi government who told a "story" and it was not verified.

The current administration has fairly solid evidence (A) That Chemical Weapons were deployed and used and (B) That the Assad regime was responsible.

Early reports of the intelligence involve audio communications between several members of the Assad Military and Gov. discussing the deployment and how to handle the backlash.

Seems VERY different standards of evidence?

admitting that US Intelligence, DHS, NSA spying and the Patriot Act under Obama's tenure has been so incompetent and misguided that Syria was able to develop and deploy military grade Chemical Weapons without our knowledge until after the fact.

We have known for years that the Assad regime had chemical weapons...it is even public knowledge, often reported on. We have also known there was a risk that they would deploy it? Again the news has been discussing the US warnings for over a year. The above statement doesn't make sense to me. Can you help?
edit on 30-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

So Obama gets a free pass?

He gets that "free pass" from his dwindling band of slavish supporters who keep telling themselves that he's "black" (he's not), because if he's black, he "deserves" extra latitude for whatever reason.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

public knowledge? I didn't hear about it.

then why was the UN not putting sanctions and conducting weapons inspections as was done to Iraq?

Syria was ALLOWED to have chemical weapons? a golden ticket was issued to them?

If it is such a prolific and historic weapons program then please show us where such was proven....not implied recently or ever really. You said it was well known. I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

those are recent articles using recent language I have seen the media puke from one talking heads mouth into the anothers.

If it is such a historic weapons program....you should be able to find an older article.
How about before 2001........not a few days

just a lowly minion asking....

OK I get it now, the only accurate information is old information. Therefore, it must be true that Columbus was the first to discover America, the earth is flat, the U.S. was attacked by North Vietnam in the Gulf of Tonkin and the NSA doesn't listen to our personal conversations.

What shred of proof do you have that a single chemical weapon left Iraq in trucks headed for Syria? How do you know that those trucks weren't filled with money that Saddam was funneling out of the country? Please! I hope you do realize that the only ones getting run over by the bus is the fear mongering right-wing nut jobs of our modern day TP/GOP and you're doing it to yourselves.

On the other hand, thanks to you, I'm beginning to understand the inner working of maintaining a level of ignorance that can easily be controlled through fear.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by truthofnitrous

Rand Paul wouldn't do a 180 and neither would Ron Paul. However if they strongly oppose big government as they do right now, their time in office will be limited. I say this because I don't believe for a bit that everyone else in congress or what have you is innocent in this whole mess. They want to keep growing as much as Obama does (at least many do). So a sudden death would have been most likely, especially for Ron Paul whom could have easily died of "natural causes".

I'm hoping that things will turn out for the better for the American people, it would be amazing if someone with half the competence that Ron Paul has would end up in office but quite frankly I'm not holding my breath. Good luck America, you'll need it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

you said it was a historic program spanning several decades. Show us mr. "awakened mind".

if not your little comments are as ill informed and baseless as you accuse others of being.

maybe you are programmed to ignorantly question anything crediting Bush for something.

knee jerk reactions are sure signs of social engineering.

and I don't even like Bush.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Well said.... However, i don't think going after an independent, a lesser known candidate will save this Monster. The only thing I fear that will stop them... WW3 or us Americans really fighting back and getting rid of the Washington-Wall-St-Banker- Mafia!!! There's so many corrupt people.

Even we as a whole have become heartless and greedy.

Churchill was right... " America's demise will be done by America herself!"

( not exact quote but close )

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join