It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming is no longer a planetary emergency.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is not for the 'I told you so's' it's more to highlight the sort of shennanigans that can, and do go on in the scientific world, without any Mann's hockeystick to guide you. The point, as far as I am concerned, is that if learned people are at odds with one another, and with so much conflict of evidence or evidences, why should we need to tolerate a misnomer that has had so much money thrown at it from the sublime to the ridiculous, and also to the point of actually harming people without a real need?
Read on;

wattsupwiththat.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I was wondering when someone would bring this news to the board ..thanks ..It really make you wonder how the global warming /climate change/co2 is a poison crowed can go on ,but like these foolish politicians ,they think if you repeat something enough times it will be true despite the facts ..

edit on 29-8-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
they think if you repeat something enough times it will be true despite the facts
That right there is the very real problem we face, because it works!

I dont know if your in the uk but just a few years ago we banned fox hunting. In there attempts to get the ban removed we suddenly had a report that spread across the entire british msm.

The mother of nine-month-old twin girls has described her "living nightmare" after her daughters were apparently mauled by a fox as they slept in their cots in east London.

They aired that report day in and day out, and very soon a lie became truth.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

they think if you repeat something enough times it will be true despite the facts
That right there is the very real problem we face, because it works!

I dont know if your in the uk but just a few years ago we banned fox hunting. In there attempts to get the ban removed we suddenly had a report that spread across the entire british msm.

The mother of nine-month-old twin girls has described her "living nightmare" after her daughters were apparently mauled by a fox as they slept in their cots in east London.

They aired that report day in and day out, and very soon a lie became truth.

Yes I am in the UK, it's in the mini-profile along with the Avatar. This is the thing, and something people should be angry about, is that political story, backed by political press from any side try to take the argument away from ordinary people and present things as fact/s when the real truth could be something completely different.

In edit, sorry I thought you were in reply to me, my connection is very fractious at the moment and just getting time online is a priviledge.
edit on 29-8-2013 by smurfy because: Edit.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
double post.
edit on 29-8-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

I was wondering when someone would bring this news to the board ..thanks ..It really make you wonder how the global warming /climate change/co2 is a poison crowed can go on ,but like these foolish politicians ,they think if you repeat something enough times it will be true despite the facts ..
:lol

Well there is a window where we could all contribute, yet I have yet to hear a politician or a scientist make the suggestion, and that is all households should have a weather station, it's cheap as chips, and connected to the internet far superior than anything science has currently in data gathering, I mean like weather stations at the end of runways in airports?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

That would and could be one of many good suggestions to collect data ...But I am sure the high priests calling the shots would hijack good ideas and turn them into tools they can control .They have the bull horn but we have a nice comfortable small voice that only those looking for the truth can hear and understand ..peace

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Thanks this was good.

I get so annoyed by the climate change debate because it's always a debate between two extremes.

Simplified: One says there's no problem, the other says there is a problem of Biblical proportions. I think the truth is between.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Except that Anthony Watts is a BS artist. First he said it wasn't happening, then he said it was but it's not from humans... then he kept saying it wasn't again while saying it wasn't human caused... now it's no longer a threat?

He really should pick a stance.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I think Mr. watts is also human and has drank some of the kool-aid we have all taken a sip of ...It's a real challenge to get the taste of that kool-aid out of our system ..debate the facts and leave the ad hominem attack's to the political Rhetoric bs they use to convince us with the kool-aid they fed us ...yuck

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Strange that you would say that. Because it's exactly the other way around. Following a logical process to arrive at a different conclusion. You should try it sometime.

Sauron's Mouth

Q. Were you always a climate skeptic?

A. Watts - No, actually in June 1988 I recall watched the newsfeed at KHSL-TV of Dr. James Hansen’s address before congress telling of the issues of CO2 and its effects and that we a as nation had to do something about it. That moved me, and I though we needed to do something. I had wondered what I could do and in 1990 I came up with an idea that combined my emerging talents in computer graphics for television weather with doing something about the global warming problem.

I approached the National Arbor Day Foundation in Lincoln Nebraska about an idea which was to provide TV weather-casters nationwide a series of computer graphics slides and animations that would tell the global warming story, and also explain how planting trees could help offset CO2. Then president John Rosenow granted me the greenlight, and the production was put into motion.

But the OP is not about Watts anyways, it refers to a recently published statement by the World Federation of Scientists

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Ah yes, the WFS...

lol

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Ah yes, the WFS...

lol

It's amazing how intellectuals or pseudo intellectuals, (like you?) spend so much time using monosyballic internet references like LoL, without ever putting their Ballics on the table and without ever a hint of Ketchup.

Maybe you do know better, and I am not talking about the principal parties in this thread, I am talking about a convention that is fatally flawed by the current technology AND, the participant parties. So continue....
edit on 31-8-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
We in the west have exported our smog factories to china, why we complain?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
We in the west have exported our smog factories to china, why we complain?

Well that is a good question, although more like based in economics, and to be sure that smog is a problem with any industrial country, as would be ground pollution. But in the past China did curious things with say, patented products given to them from other countries that might just come back to those countries under contract. Paint coatings for instance, unless specified could be lead based, and that would be the fault of the initial buyer, even if unwanted. The official line in China is that they are now playing catchup, how much of that is signed into law, I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by Kali74

Ah yes, the WFS...

lol

It's amazing how intellectuals or pseudo intellectuals, (like you?) spend so much time using monosyballic internet references like LoL, without ever putting their Ballics on the table and without ever a hint of Ketchup.

Maybe you do know better, and I am not talking about the principal parties in this thread, I am talking about a convention that is fatally flawed by the current technology AND, the participant parties. So continue....
edit on 31-8-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

Well you'll have to settle for my ovaries on the table. Basically my flat out opinion of this group is a bunch of whiners that can't cut it in scientific circles so they cry that there's a conspiracy against real science. It's okay I couldn't cut it as a scientist either but that's why I'm not one as opposed to someone who demonizes something I got rejected from.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I figured someone somewhere would retain enough scientific integrity to speak out against the political intrusion this issue has caused. I'm glad it has happened sooner rather than later, because a lot of people could be seriously hurt over the scam known as "Climate Change."

Of course, that won't matter to those who have vested interests in trading carbon credits, nor will it matter to those who are so convinced of their position (a position based on the findings of one man, James Hansen, and those he can get to follow him) that nothing could ever be seen to disprove the gloom and doom predictions. But hopefully this information will find its way into the mainstream and the majority of people will hear the other side of the issue. Those who hang on to the theory will simply fade into history alongside those who practiced bleeding as medical assistance, those who were afraid of sailing off the edge of the planet, those who thought the sun revolved around the earth, and the long long list of those who blindly followed other failed theories.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I figured someone somewhere would retain enough scientific integrity to speak out against the political intrusion this issue has caused. I'm glad it has happened sooner rather than later, because a lot of people could be seriously hurt over the scam known as "Climate Change."

TheRedneck

Yes I thought the same, in fact there have been quite a few scientists, who up to the moment they spoke out, were upstanding pillars of the scientific community. Once they started raising any doubts, all of a sudden they become villified, and not so upstanding, and often lies and cant used against them for us to digest, when so much long-term, 'research' money was at stake.
edit on 2-9-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForbiddenDesire
Thanks this was good.

I get so annoyed by the climate change debate because it's always a debate between two extremes.

Simplified: One says there's no problem, the other says there is a problem of Biblical proportions. I think the truth is between.

In deed the truth need not be a reason for direct scientific interference, if it is a truth at all it could be a natural Earth/solar system cycle, and I don't think we know enough to start monkeying with that.

Look for instance at the recent canyon found under the permafrost in Greenland. Twice as deep as the grand canyon, and five hundred miles long, and they are pretty certain that it was cut by a flowing river. A different time, a different, warmer climate, and probably at least primates were around then.
I brought the Greenland canyon discovery into this thread deliberately because of one quote from a NASA spokesman in the team that made the discovery, he said; “This area’s ice sheet contributes to sea level rise and this work can help us put current changes in context."
I could be reading it wrong, but that to me says that Even NASA, with all the public statements they have made on CO2 etc; are/were not totally convinced as to AGW, however they could see money they might otherwise have had going elsewhere.

edit on 2-9-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

the new buzz word is: climate change.

That's because they realized the earth is not actually warming, but cooling.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join