It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden reveals US intelligence's black budget: $52.6 billion on secret programs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

S & F I was wondering if anyone else had more info other than this on what Snowden releases ?

Thank in advance Trinity

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

i don't believe snowden. even he know smth special he don't know details
edit on 30-8-2013 by hackmcdona1d because: edit

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

do you think snowden is a hero?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

secret programs
black budget
snowden case
sometimes i think snowden is a genious project by CIA

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

i think the sum is much more than 52 billion.. imho we should wait for another leaks by snowden

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There's that missing $2tn or whatever that mysteriously disappeared and no one wants to look into it. I'm guessing that money was used for black projects and foreign investments (under the table).

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

We've suspected for some time that the CIA and NSA has a black budget, and this new leak from Snowden now for the first time confirms how much the US government is spending on its 'black budget' operations.

Actually, this falls into 'sensationalized' reporting. For decades the U.S. government publishes it's fiscal budet annually, and anyone adept at simply reading budget allocations can see, for decades 'black project' budget items.

So, in reality, this is really not really new news. NOW if he had revealed specifics, like what the money is 'specifically' being spent on, well that is a different discussion.

Every country has a 'black budget'. The U.S.A. just happens to be such an open society that most of this information is very available. So, a headline grabber, yeah for sure....but as far as revealing something that is not already in the public domain is something entirely different.

Really nothing so troubling here.

NOW, if you had a report that $2.2 Billion was spent on a secret underground military base in Idaho..that would be interesting or a secret space mission, that would be interesting. But in the last 50 years, it is no secret that the U.S. has spent more than a few trillion dollar of tax payer money on secret black projects mostly for the security of America.

Sorry....but that is the bottom line. I'm sure there will be many to rip this apart....but before you do, go and try and find out Russia's, China's, Israel's secret budgets.....you'd crap your pants!!

Not exactly accurate. There's some highly classified elements of budget expenditures allocated to the CIA, and no doubt that secrecy will spread to the NSA in general and DHS. It's not just an 'add up the budget elements that are unclassified and what's left over is black ops'. It gets a little bit deeper (and more sinister) than that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join