Snowden reveals US intelligence's black budget: $52.6 billion on secret programs

page: 1
21
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Snowden reveals US intelligence's black budget: $52.6 billion on secret programs


rt.com

Former intelligence contractor Edward Snowden has leaked a new top-secret document that for the first time ever publically discloses how the United States spends tens of billions of dollars annually on clandestine spy programs.

The Washington Post revealed the so-called “black budget” on Thursday and reports that $52.6 billion was set aside for operations in fiscal year 2013
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
We've suspected for some time that the CIA and NSA has a black budget, and this new leak from Snowden now for the first time confirms how much the US government is spending on its 'black budget' operations.

There is an actual link to the document for those interested in the RT article. Although the first page of the document does warn that 'undisclosed exposure would lead to criminal sanctions' so I won't link it directly!!

From the RT article-



Shrouded in secrecy, the amount that Uncle Sam sets aside for sensitive operations each year is not allowed to be published for eyes outside of the intelligence community and only for a portion of those briefed on its operations. The latest Snowden leak reveals that at $52.6 billion




And for those nations of upmost interest, the intelligence community is investing heavily on “offensive cyber operations” launched by the CIA and NSA to hack foreign competitors, steal data and sabotage servers. The Post neglected to publish any excerpts from the summary detailing to what degree the intelligence community has been engaging in these strategic hacks, saying only that recently launched efforts are more “aggressive” than before. As RT has reported extensively in the past, the US government has been accused of being the biggest hackers on the planet at a time when, domestically, so-called cybercriminals are prosecuted at an alarming rate for comparably less harsh crimes.


Interesting stuff.




rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-8-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
their black budget is way bigger than that

edit on 29-8-2013 by dean007 because: cause im illiterate



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dean007
there black budget is way bigger than that

Exactly. Even though you used the wrong spelling for "their".



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is just the tip of the iceberg...

We will soon see what they are spending in space.

If they won't tell us. Maybe the Russians or the Chinese could clue us in.



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well there you go, cut the black budgets, and we'll finally fix the deficit.

Problem solved



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dean007
there black budget is way bigger than that


I thought the exact same thing.

I'm now suspecting fake leaked details and a staged performance all along.

For what reason? Who knows?



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

We've suspected for some time that the CIA and NSA has a black budget, and this new leak from Snowden now for the first time confirms how much the US government is spending on its 'black budget' operations.

There is an actual link to the document for those interested in the RT article. Although the first page of the document does warn that 'undisclosed exposure would lead to criminal sanctions' so I won't link it directly!!

From the RT article-



Shrouded in secrecy, the amount that Uncle Sam sets aside for sensitive operations each year is not allowed to be published for eyes outside of the intelligence community and only for a portion of those briefed on its operations. The latest Snowden leak reveals that at $52.6 billion




And for those nations of upmost interest, the intelligence community is investing heavily on “offensive cyber operations” launched by the CIA and NSA to hack foreign competitors, steal data and sabotage servers. The Post neglected to publish any excerpts from the summary detailing to what degree the intelligence community biggest hackers on the planet at a time when, domestically, so-called cybercriminals are prosecuted at an alarming rate for comparably less harsh crimes.
/ex]

Interesting stuff.




rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-8-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

We've suspected for some time that the CIA and NSA has a black budget, and this new leak from Snowden now for the first time confirms how much the US government is spending on its 'black budget' operations.



Actually, this falls into 'sensationalized' reporting. For decades the U.S. government publishes it's fiscal budet annually, and anyone adept at simply reading budget allocations can see, for decades 'black project' budget items.

So, in reality, this is really not really new news. NOW if he had revealed specifics, like what the money is 'specifically' being spent on, well that is a different discussion.

Every country has a 'black budget'. The U.S.A. just happens to be such an open society that most of this information is very available. So, a headline grabber, yeah for sure....but as far as revealing something that is not already in the public domain is something entirely different.

Really nothing so troubling here.

NOW, if you had a report that $2.2 Billion was spent on a secret underground military base in Idaho..that would be interesting or a secret space mission, that would be interesting. But in the last 50 years, it is no secret that the U.S. has spent more than a few trillion dollar of tax payer money on secret black projects mostly for the security of America.

Sorry....but that is the bottom line. I'm sure there will be many to rip this apart....but before you do, go and try and find out Russia's, China's, Israel's secret budgets.....you'd crap your pants!!



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by dean007
there black budget is way bigger than that


I thought the exact same thing.

I'm now suspecting fake leaked details and a staged performance all along.

For what reason? Who knows?


I just think this is what he could get his hands on from his position. A lot of this stuff is compartmentalized. I doubt this is really even 25% of what they are spending on "black budget" operations.



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dean007
there black budget is way bigger than that





This figure only covers their Christmas parties. The coke, pot & arms trafficking and mercenary ops bring in the main part of the real black budget.


edit on 29-8-2013 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by juspassinthru

Originally posted by dean007
there black budget is way bigger than that





This figure only covers their Christmas parties. The coke, pot & arms trafficking and mercenary ops bring in the main part of the real black budget.


edit on 29-8-2013 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)


yah you have to know there not including any of the dr@g money



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Even given the access that he had, It would be next to impossible for him to have that kind of information. There is no single repository that would have information on the budgeting of all of what would be called the "black ops" programs. The information about this is FAR too compartmentalized for that to be done. I only have limited hands-on experience with budgeting information in the military, but even that small amount is enough to smell the BS on this.



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This, in a round about manner, confirms what I have thought since the Snowden story broke. He is supposed to be silenced by Putin, yet stories keep getting leaked. I believe, prior to seeking asylum, Snowden released his entire portfolio of secrets to numerous sources and gave them definitive dates for release of information. This would allow him to take the deal that he would not actively try to release information or harm relations with the US because the information was already in the hands of the media with specific instructions on release dates.



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
This, in a round about manner, confirms what I have thought since the Snowden story broke. He is supposed to be silenced by Putin, yet stories keep getting leaked. I believe, prior to seeking asylum, Snowden released his entire portfolio of secrets to numerous sources and gave them definitive dates for release of information. This would allow him to take the deal that he would not actively try to release information or harm relations with the US because the information was already in the hands of the media with specific instructions on release dates.

I had pondered this set-up myself. I hope that he did distribute the documents around with release dates set. It is a nearly foolproof way to obey an order to keep silent while still leaking the info---the info was already spread around prior, releases would be out of his hands at the present


And yeah, that number is way too small to be the Black Budget spending. WAY too small. 4 to 5 times that is what I would expect to see going into the Black Hole coffers.



posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012
 


Not much at all, considering we spend over $80 billion just on food stamps, and over $1 trillion on welfare.



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
This, in a round about manner, confirms what I have thought since the Snowden story broke. He is supposed to be silenced by Putin, yet stories keep getting leaked. I believe, prior to seeking asylum, Snowden released his entire portfolio of secrets to numerous sources and gave them definitive dates for release of information. This would allow him to take the deal that he would not actively try to release information or harm relations with the US because the information was already in the hands of the media with specific instructions on release dates.


If I recall correctly, Snowden pretty much outright stated that he had done this already in his first interview as a basic warning that, no matter what would happen with him, the information would still get out. It was basically his way of saying that even if he gets killed or whatever, it's still going to happen.

reply to post by MikeNice81
 


Agreed. Besides this isn't the entire black budget for the entire DoD. It would represent an intelligence related black budget. I'm sure there are others.



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dean007
 

Well we can see from 2011, military and non-military "national security" totaled about $1.4 TRILLION...

However, certain portions of domestic expenditures are CLASSIFIED.

$1.4 TRILLION a year on a global empire and a domestic police state.

The Global War OF Terror has been a jackpot for a select few all of which comes at the expense of the tax payer and destruction of the US dollar.





edit on 30-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dean007
their black budget is way bigger than that

edit on 29-8-2013 by dean007 because: cause im illiterate


I was wondering about that. The number given doesn't seem as high as I would have thought. I suppose it doesn't take into account all the drug money that's "off the books".



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
This is just the tip of the iceberg...

We will soon see what they are spending in space.

If they won't tell us. Maybe the Russians or the Chinese could clue us in.


Ha! I was wondering if someone was going to bring up that point. With the commercialization of space, they can't hide their secret space programs forever.





top topics
 
21
<<   2 >>

log in

join


ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 96 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP8 - Season Finale!

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def