Obama Willing to Pursue Solo Syria Strikes, Aides Say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — President Obama is prepared to move ahead with a limited military strike on Syria, administration officials said on Thursday, even with a rejection of such action by Britain’s Parliament, an increasingly restive Congress, and lacking an endorsement from the United Nations Security Council.

Oh Really ? Conquering 'Hero' ?

Yo Obama ?

Been paying attention to your 'allies' ?

Both UK and France are peddling backwards faster than you can say 'Yes we can'.

Fact is pretty much no one wants anything to do with Syria. Maybe if those arab 'allies' weren't arming those rebels. It would be a different story. Maybe if there was 'legitimate' proof of who used them more people would jump on your bandwagon.

Obama?

Think you have done enough damage by your interventionism in Libya,Yemen,and Egypt with supporting the very same people we are suppose to be fighting.

Stay the hell out of Syria Obama, and let Allah sort it out.

My opinion others will vary with mileage.
edit on 29-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Maybe he should go...

It was his stupid red line.

Our enemy is fighting our enemy.

Time to sell some PPV...

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Amen, Neo.

If we go this alone... if we decide that we can do whatever the hell we want, even when there is NO evidence that any credible threat to our national security exists... then whatever feeble credibility we have left in the international arena is gone, and we should be viewed as a rogue nation.

I am ashamed of my government, and sad for our people.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If obama wants to go "solo", we should drop him off at the border and give him some rocks to throw, by himself.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

He should NEVER have stated what his red line IS. That was either sheer stupidity or this was all pre-planned.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I believe he will back down also, just give it a day.

There's a reason Britain backpeddled, a strike on Syria at this moment in time would be disastrous, and lead to a greater conflict.

It seems that given time to think about the consequences of military action, they are beginning to realise how stupid a move on Syria would be.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Unfortunately I think he will still strike, his ego is so big he cant see what kind of consequences he will cause the world.
edit on 29-8-2013 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well Neo, our entire war strategy in this case is dependent on the Middle East and Russia tolerating us being arrogant. If that assumption proves to be false, it could be an absolute disaster, massacre, etc. etc.

We could lose our entire Navy in the region, not to mention our entire infrastructure back home, if the ME and Russia decide to counter-attack in cyberspace.

See what I'm saying? The enemy has the capability to destroy us or at least harm us in a major manner, but are holding back because they are kind of like, well, the U.S. are assholes, but we don't want to make a mess.

Has anyone ever played a game against someone who is completely more capable than you think, but holds back because they are being nice? What happens when you try to screw them over and they actually respond?
edit on 29-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't know what's worse, our allies backing up or Obama's complete befuddlement in the ME. The main fear is that he is now backed into a corner after shooting his mouth off and being the tough guy. He might go all Hulk over this as he's looking pretty wrong footed.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Back during Bush Jr's disaster of a Presidency General Clarke was called into one of his commanders office and the guy hands him a piece of paper and said, your not going to believe this but the Powers above want 5 Middle Eastern Countries taken out. Guess which 5 (?) google or youTube the video of General Clarke telling the story....

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Its about money, power and resources In the Middle East. Before Bush took down Iraq based on lies, they had just signed an agreement ( Iraq ) w/ France concerning oil. After the take over that contract became garbage.

I am so ashamed of what we have allowed these criminals to do in the House!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree. Where is our representative vote in congress. Why do we keep voting in war mongers?

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by neo96

I agree. Where is our representative vote in congress. Why do we keep voting in war mongers?

That's the real rub. Obama ran as 'anti war'. Got a nobel peace prize, and has waged more war than the last guy.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Good source there thanks. Shoot I'll be surprised if anything happens, but I'm of the increasing opinion that whatever does happen is a distraction from the economy. Sometimes I wonder if that's what 9/11 was all about to. Like it was all supposed to go sour THEN and it was slowed down. Is it time to slow it down again? :p

Crazy all over.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Every day I wake up with the hope the outcry would be enough to stop this Idiot.

and every time I wake up there is a new article how he is disregarding the various opposition, First congress, than UN, now our Allies...

If we go to war, it will be against everyone's wishes but this Administrations, it will be clear they are ruling with out the Consent of the governed, and America has fallen to tyranny.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

reply to post by neo96

That's the real rub. Obama ran as 'anti war'. Got a nobel peace prize, and has waged more war than the last guy.

Obama has sullied the Nobel, from here on out its a Joke.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why People Reelected this Ahass Clown is Beyond me . .....SUCKERS , Now We ALL gotta Pay ! Happy Now ?
edit on 29-8-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The White House announcement was a revelation :-

We have seen the result of the Parliament vote in the UK tonight. The US will continue to consult with the UK government - one of our closest allies and friends. As we've said, President Obama's decision-making will be guided by what is in the best interests of the United States. He believes that there are core interests at stake for the United States and that countries who violate international norms regarding chemical weapons need to be held accountable.

You get that ?

President Obama's decision-making will be guided by what is in the best interests of the United States.

Not of Syria & it's people. Or the wider Middle East. But of the United States.

And Israel, of course, although strangely they're missed off the statement. I wonder why ?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

reply to post by neo96

Thanks for the thread Neo.. and we can hope Oslo demands the medal's return before it
becomes more worthless than a stamped Chicago ashtray. Been there, spent my quarter.

We keep voting in war mongers because that's the only thing on the menu the sheep are
instructed to prefer, and they're the majority. And votes don't count in an electronic election
when it's "close".

With anything less than a 33% approval rating of our elected representatives, we're living
in a de facto dictatorship. How's nine? I can't describe that much support other than it
feels more all the time like kidnapping and rape doesn't it?

For twenty plus years under 20%, I feel it's too late for anything short of some form of inter-
vention by another government. It could actually wake up the majority still fitfully asleep...
but on the other hand never underestimate the power of sodium flouride.
It worked in Germany, and it's doing wonders here.

Our dear Fearless Lesion has decided to go in alone.. outstanding. That should make it
quite roomy and comfortable when he's the only one in the dock at The Hague.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If he goes at it alone ( I think he will ) would this be more proof that he is destroying America on purpose?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Obama Willing to Pursue Solo Syria Strikes, Aides Say

There is something really wrong with this guy. :shk:
He's in such an all fired up hurry to throw rocks at terrorists while chanting nya nyaa nyaaa.
Clinton tossed around cruise missiles when ever he and Monica ... um ... 'got together'.
Does Obama have his own Monica or something ...????

ETA -

Originally posted by thesaneone
If he goes at it alone ( I think he will ) would this be more proof that he is destroying America on purpose?

Yep. Gotta agree with this!
edit on 8/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join