It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools Put Genius Child In Special Ed, Tell Mom He Can’t Learn.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

The use of pharmaceuticals to treat 'suspected' mental issues is far too prevalent and who know's what long term damage the use of these neurological imbalance causing substance can have on a healthy (and too me normal sounding child) can have, how they will impair his mental and psychological development and interaction's as well as mess with his neurological homeostasis.

Unfortunately this is where a unethical medical opinion and mindset driven by the need to bring home the bacon so too speak is shown to prevail more often than not and the dangers of making science there god of ethics are all to plain to see.

For many children whom are misdiagnosed or put on educational regimens that are actually below there capability s simply so there former teachers don't have to take the responsibility for there more demanding education this lead's to a lifetime of misery and self doubt with a very damaged adulthood.

Imagine if you will a child whom seeks to understand rather than one whom seeks to learn - there is a difference, the wish to understand may mean a child spends longer on a single subject but if his/her educational requirements are actually met they usually become more proficient than the learners as they can feel the subject with there mind and analyse it from many more perspectives, unfortunately there are two psychology's in the world and the learners are the majority but the likes of Albert Einstein, Nicolae Tesla and Leonardo Davinci whom are understanders are the lesser in number, the word genius is overused as Einstein would often forget his house key's and could not find his way home even though he lived close, often getting lost on the way and his wife whom was a mathematician often solved problems for him (though that has been left out of most story's about the guy), Tesla was thought mad by many as was Davinci but then try to see it from the perspective of the learner, they hear, remember and repeat yet are not the great original thinkers and the modern world owes it's very existence to the understanders.

edit on 31-8-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Those prisons called schools aren't for education. Their obedience schools for humans.

They instill subconscious and behavioral modification to generations of human beings to be subservient to authority figures. They teach you to follow rules when their given and not question authority figures against all moral and personal sensations of fairness and integrity. They also teach via random selection of students who make mark grades above and advanced how to work their asses off. IE they identify workaholic symptoms in children and put then im programs with more work + opportunities via so called advanced courses. Academic academies work high school children into levels of stress that are dangerous.

It isnt about how smart you are its about how hard your able to work.

So they teach your child to cower from the signs and symbols of authority. They teach your children, like a dog to be a tyrant when or if they become and authority figure while still being subservient via the mythos Harder work = better gain.

Its rare these days for anyone who works hard for anyone else to be rewarded properly in a country with the smallest amount of benefits and vacation time these schools are breeding the mentality to work to death.

None of these kids are given opportunities or are shown possibilities for their future outside the rubric working for yourself? Its a fantasy even discouraged by guidance Councillors.

True intellect is outside the scope of the design so the dulling of the baby cog is needed to make the little trouble maker fit in the god damned machine.

Now there maybe exceptions to this, but too many horror stories that go unreported unattended and left alone make me think its more the status quoe

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Prisoners, hostages, captives of all sort demonstrate ADHD until the give in to their reality and comply. I wonder if children who spend nearly all of their first 18 years in captivity of the State might have the same problem?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
When I went into kindergarten, they told my Mom that I couldn't read. Luckily, my Mom was smart and told them to stuff it since I was already reading my brother's 3rd grade books at that point. Most teachers aren't qualified enough to teach highly intelligent kids.

Besides, these people saying these kids have ADD aren't looking close enough. If a kid is responding to things that are exciting, they are Crisis Thinkers. And it's being suppressed. And makes our society poorer for it. It sure isn't the kids' fault the teachers are boring.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
ADD is greatly used to describe "childhood" -- and sell a lot of pharma drugs.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

All things considered, I think it's possible that a LOT of intelligent people are treated this way. Those who seek total control want stupid followers. If they are too smart, drug them up, and destroy their self esteem?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There is so much to say about that kid, but it all boils down to a few thoughts. The kid is amazing, his mother is a saint for actually realizing school was hurting her son, and his message of THINKING is possibly one of the most important, especially today. I hope he goes on to do great things, and inspire others in his situation as well.

On a side note, the idea that autism is a "next stage in human evolution" doesn't mesh with what evolution is. Evolution isn't a catalog of different models of human, to be rolled out one after the other. Evolution simply states, that if something helps you to reproduce, that trait gets passed on (because you were actually able to reproduce)

Aside from the fact that there is no solid answer on whether or not autism can be inherited (which, if it can't be inherited, by definition it cannot be a result of evolution) in order for autism to be an evolutionary trait, it would have to help you to reproduce. Considering social issues are one of the big problems for such people, it would make more sense that autism is a detriment to your ability to reproduce, not an advantage, meaning it cannot be a result of evolution.

It seems me that there aren't more "autistic" people, our opinions and views of people's behavior are changing. People, who today are labeled autistic, would have previously been labeled any number of things depending on their behavior, or simply not labeled at all. How many people get diagnosed with "hysteria" anymore? People are the same, they just keep changing the labels. It's Pepsi vs Pepsi clear, it tastes the same, it just has a different look and label, and people can't handle it for some reason.

In a world that tries to make everything in the human experience some sort of disorder, disease, or dysfunction, it's not surprising that we see increased instances of diagnosed diseases and disorder. You'll always find more of something if you are looking for it.
edit on 20-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sorry, double post.
edit on 20-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join