It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside information on missle production , Boeing says 'we need to expand now'...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't post much, but when I get inside information I hear, I share it when I can. First off, I work in City Government and we have a Boeing manufacturing plant that makes the ever famous JDam missles along with the harpoon missle and others. ( I hope I'm not in trouble on this one), but I had a meeting with them today explaining their need to expand quickly.

I'm not sure what that all means or if it means anything at all, but with all the World's issues as of late, ramping up for more wars, it just struck me in a weird way. Boeing has a huge campus here, with plenty of room to grow, however, they needed more land to build new factories to produce more missles.... and soon.

As Arsenio Hall would say... "things that make ya go Hmmmm....

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyFever

A lot of JDAMs have been expended. The military needs to refill stockpiles. That means Boeing will have to expand production to replace what has been expended. Especially if we end up in a situation where we need more.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well we can guess, or we can just search for the contract. ;-)

Added: Aug 01, 2013 5:51 pm NOTICE OF CONTRACT ACTION (NOCA) - AFLCMC/EBDK/EBDJ intends to issue a sole-source contract to The Boeing Company, Saint Louis MO, for Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) Technical Support and Aircraft Integration efforts. The Government contemplates a five(5) year IDIQ contract with a basic and four (4) one-year options. The Government anticipates award on or about 31 Dec 13 of an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) using multiple contract types. The technical support efforts will include supplies and support activities (travel included as required) for JDAM Weapon System Program Support, Aircraft Weapon system Support, and the Task Management Coordination and Government -Directed Support required for those activities/efforts; the Aircraft Integration will include all supplies (such as, but not limited to, High Bandwidth Compact Telemetry [HCTM] units) and support (as required to support test and integration), weapon integration efforts on further identified objective aircraft, and repair of software deficiencies (travel included as required).

They got a contract awarded on 8/27/2013, but the dollar amount is very small. However, for ID/IQ, that can change.

Contract Award Number: FA210313C0006P00006

Of course, without direct knowledge of what Boeing is doing, this contract can be unrelated to the expansion.

new topics

join