It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria It Just Got Personal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I am furious, upset and seething at the selfishness of the world's politicians. If Syria does blow up as I fear it will and war breaks out, I have just learnt a close friend of mine will be heading out there. That has made it personal for me. If my friend dies out there I will hold the leaders of the permanent members of the security council accountable.

Americans if you are reading this, YOU have the power to stop the madness. Protest outside the White House, in all your cities and say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. If I was in the USA this is what I would be doing.

What is happening is murder and bloody murder. And if the world powers comes to blows it will be genocide via nukes.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I don't want my friend to be killed because of the selfishness of a few greedy and selfish politicians. And I don't want the planet being blown to bits in a nuclear fireball.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Did your friend enlist?
What country is he from and where is he going?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The people going out there are the ones that must object. They are held accountable for their actions. They are the killers, they are the puppets. If they all had the heart to stand against their tyrannical leaders, there wouldn't be an attack, there wouldn't be another useless war. It all comes down to whether or not those people baring arms are going to fire them just because they're ordered to. Many listened to Hitler, imagine if they didn't and stood for what was morally right, the world would be different today. Your friends survival is up to him/herself, it's their decision.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My friend is not a solider. My friend helps people. Not everyone goes out with the intention of taking up arms to kill. There are people out there who do try to heal the world.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Where are you ? North Korea ?
Why can't you protest at your officials offices or even the US/UK/French embassy ?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
My friend is not a solider. My friend helps people. Not everyone goes out with the intention of taking up arms to kill. There are people out there who do try to heal the world.

Your friend knows what it's like to truly serve.

Hope he gets to be a wonderful asset and finds his trip rewarding.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

So your upset with your government with something your friend volunteered to do? Not sure what the problem is.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Actually I did. And no I am not in North Korea. If I was I would be one of tens of thousands holed up in one of their detention camps. Or dead.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's already looking like we (the USA) are trying to prove yet again that "Big Brother" has the back of the world.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the government has completely ignored what most of us want - I don't recall any direct threats made from either Syria or the rebels recently against the US, so why are we even there? Can't we spend the money that will be piped into this effort and build up our own defenses? To me, that makes a little more sense than launching missiles into a country that has several buddies with some considerable force.

I see this as going down a couple ways:
1. We're stuck in another war, except this time, it's all about the weapons of mass destruc...err, chemical weapons (Sorry, I get Iraq and Syria mixed up).

2. We take down Syria, only to discover that in doing so, a few more nations are upset with us, and life goes on.

3. We back down, and a couple nations discover that they can influence our actions.

4. We sit there, and so does the Russian fleet, until Chuck Norris decides to do everything himself. Alright, Alright, I know this won't happen.

In any case, I didn't vote for this war, so I think the USA should also do an emergency vote to see what we, the people, want.

-fossilera

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Is it just me or have we all (americans) been repeatedly encouraged to go out and riot or protest ect...
Its there. Question is why.

Hmm, maybe people want us all to fight.
Maybe some folks want us all thrown into fema camps and gitmo or pepper sprayed in the face, beaten with batons and searched. Shot in the face with canisters or be test dummies for new anti riot tech.

Wonder what the motive is.

Not sure who exactly is behind that but you know hey! f*** you! who the hell is out there backing up OUR NAVY! no one in the world right? So...

edit on 30-8-2013 by Nephalim because: Oh yea, as for the op sorry to hear.

edit on 30-8-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

join