It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder Says DOJ Will Let Washington, Colorado Marijuana Laws Go Into Effect

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Id keep your eyes on Maine, thats where I'd bet the next legalization happens. But who knows, im thinking of moving to Colorado myself.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Millionaires in Californias green industry are few and far apart.
Land owners and landlords know the deal and charge accordingly.
So do garden supply shops.
For every successful garden, there are a.thousand failures here.
It ain't as easy as most people imagine. Lack of regulation means zero recourse in a bad deal.
Cali needs some decent regulation.
This announcement could mean a huge regulated industry. The little guy might not benifit as a grower though. This will allow big biz to legally step in.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Everything I said was true.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Good. I know so many outstanding people that partake here in WA. Not only is this going to save us a ton of money, but also raise a ton. Not to mention keeping non violent and otherwise very lawful people out of jail/trouble and letting LE agencies prioritize other much more important things. Also much safer to have the stuff regulated and know what you're getting. Wouldn't be surprised to see violent crime drop as there really won't be a black market for the stuff. I almost bet it's going to be harder for kids to get too. I remember it was harder to get alcohol than pot before I turned 21 (not that getting booze was hard).

Nice to see States having some rights as well. I'm proud of WA. Gay marriage, great gun laws (can't believe we got suppressors legalized), and now this. Even if I don't indulge, I still think it's an awesome thing.

The only thing I'm worried about are cops drug testing everyone they pull over. It's going to be hard to determine if someone is actually under the influence at the time they're driving.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Didnt Obama say they were going to do this?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

Yeah, keep that mind closed and preach the "scrouge" called MaryJane and talk about something you've never done.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I understand that the statement from the department of justice is also aimed at the states with medical marijuana laws.
debates have already started on both sides of the issue.

the salem Oregon news paper, the statesman journal came out with an article today.
www.statesmanjournal.com...

interesting to see how this all works out.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The politics of this will be very interesting.

Will the GOP abandon their "reefer Madness" attitudes and allow states rights or will the ultra powerful arm of the Christian Right hold sway and doom the Republicans to another "thumpin" as Bush used to say.

I see Dept. of Ag. stepping in and regulating and taxing the **** out of cultivation. Won't work though.

edit on 29-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Thanks for the news...
On a tangent...however... If the "use" of marijuana is legalized in those states...do you think the churches in those states will no longer count said "use"...a Sin...?

Just wondering...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
...The politics of this will be very interesting.
...Will the GOP abandon their "reefer Madness" attitudes and allow states rights or will the ultra powerful arm of the Christian Right hold sway and doom the Republicans to another "thumpin" as Bush used to say.
...I see Dept. of Ag. stepping in and regulating and taxing the **** out of cultivation. Won't work though.

I actually have a friend (in one of those states)...who is an agent for the Dept. of Ag... Great Guy! But - could be pretty religious...too... So - don't know how that will work with him...(?)

I think you're on-to something.
But - maybe...if we could convince them that hemp is a better (more eco-friendly) source of paper...and even for bindings...than trees and cows...they might start using it to print & publish their Bibles and reams and reams of literature and pamphlets and...you know...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

This actually illustrates the problem with these assholes in washington.

The WILL of the people was to put these laws into effect, and even then the DOJ is still reserving the right to stop this #.

They don't listen to the people, they do as they please, these same jokers equate weed with narcotics FFS

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

I bet that has something to do with Stephen King doesn't it?

I remember reading somewhere that he was completely for it, good voice to have on your side i suppose.

Luckily enough i believe a part of these two states getting their legalization first has to due with their relative distances to Mexico and Canada. That tells me some of this has been planned out at least, Mexico has already said it is looking forward to the new trades with America and Vancouver has had legal marijuana for awhile. Both are perfect countries to get the really impressive product that will make the most money.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Genesis 1:12

And the earth brought forth the green herb, and such as yieldeth seed according to its kind, and the tree that beareth fruit having seed each one according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Does anyone remember the thread about the Irish Water that increases yield, what hoooooo

I can see the size of the plants and the size of the fish grown in the tanks beneath hope it follows in the UK

Perhaps TPTB have finally decided to tax the whole lot and save a fortune also on prison bills and benefits etc - in actual fact they will get a double whammy two lots of dosh, funny they were so slow to think of this.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by elcapitano75

Originally posted by deadeyedick
It seems as though some ground work is being done for taxation.

Does it bother anyone else that something like this, can only be considered with some form of taxable attribute?

It sure bothers me. I guess i'm weird and out of touch.

I guess it wouldn't bother me so much IF they would use that tax to back off on some other tax somewhere else. Yeah... sure.

edit on 29-8-2013 by elcapitano75 because: (no reason given)

The taxation should be used to provide drug education in those states and towards the psychiatric and mental health services that will deal with the potential downsides of legalisation. That's always been my stance on the matter.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Our Government and medical boards let a drug called ativan onto our doctor's prescription books. Now some people found themselves dreadfully depend and - addicted to it. Yet we don't class them as drug addicts. Now others it did not effect except it worked brilliantly for them - my Mother was one. Suddenly heavy-hands withdrew ativan (although I believe it is still available if the GP OK's it)

So I don't really feel that marijuana as detrimental as many say. I was told it causes paranoi in teen boys - ever met a teen boy who is not going through the stage of growing up without a tad or paranoi - depends on their environment and parenting etc how they deal with it which is often not considered. Marijuana does not seem to have the side affects that so many medically sanctioned drugs do have. Demonizing it I suspect is not done with any consideration for genuine public concern only greed and that orange has been squeezed to the pith-only.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

I would like to discuss the issue more with you, but am finding it hard staying within the T&C. I agree with your point, but believe there has definitely been an increase in potency of the product that could be more damaging to young brains.

Kind of like saying its ok for a 16 year old to have a glass of wine or the occasional beer, but you wouldn't want them heading straight for the spirit cabinet.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I cannot believe he is still an attorney after the gun running thing he had on his back,but you know who made it disappear,good to have friends in high places i suppose..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Hopefully everyone in Washington can now chill the **** out.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Closed for staff review.
Thread Closed.

ATS does not allow legalization threads.

This Forum is Not For...

- general drug-related discussion

- information related to drug legalization

- pharmaceutical issues or conspiracies

- hemp use advocacy

- discussion of existing or proposed drug laws

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Sat Aug 31 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join