It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two SWAT Teams Shut Down A Neighborhood In Colorado

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Fair enough.

The criminal is the only person responsible for this situation and on it's surface, without knowing the criminals history, it seems like an over the top response.

I am not so willing to just look past the facts or ignore that not a single person on this thread has all the information in this matter yet everyone here is rushing to a conclusion. Nothing I say , no matter how logical, is going to change a single opinion here so their is no point in trying.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Fair enough.

The criminal is the only person responsible for this situation and on it's surface, without knowing the criminals history, it seems like an over the top response.

I am not so willing to just look past the facts or ignore that not a single person on this thread has all the information in this matter yet everyone here is rushing to a conclusion. Nothing I say , no matter how logical, is going to change a single opinion here so their is no point in trying.

Understood. You have an opinion you are willing to defend with all the words at your disposal. Keep at it, we need to be convinced this is a good thing. It's what is trending in modern-style government, our gateway to the future. We should all learn to love it.

edit on 29-8-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Grey state,,grey state..

get out while you can...

germant..1930's...the smart people left before the shtf..

your government does not care about you....why think that things will change for the better???

seek life....the grass is greener on the other side....there is life outside of the us....

billions of us can't be all wrong..

at least think about it......you can go north or south without crossing an ocean...see it as a holiday.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

When there is a minor crime committed in prison the whole cell block goes on lock-down, right? Why should a free and open society be any different?

Man... I really, really hope that you are being sarcastic here.
Im pretty sure you are but you never know on this site.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I dont know how the laws work in this particular state, but, if the man was to be considered possibly dangerous and they knew exactly who he was.....

Wouldnt it have been easier and most likely safer for the community to just issue a warrant?

Instead of playing Rambo through the suburbs?

Just my thought on it.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

When there is a minor crime committed in prison the whole cell block goes on lock-down, right? Why should a free and open society be any different?

Man... I really, really hope that you are being sarcastic here.
Im pretty sure you are but you never know on this site.

Yes, wishful sarcasm. I don't believe prison protocol is proper for a free and open society but people are being conditioned to think that is how a free and open society should operate. "Bend over and spread 'em" will eventually become our most patriotic salute. It's all for the betterment of society. We should be willing to do our part (no pun intended - "part").

edit on 29-8-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I can understand everybody's frustration, and I also agree with Crankyoldman with his assessment of the situation, but to say that this overkill method of apprehension is only a recent addition to your American way of life, well I disagree

If you can allow me a little latitude for the sake of humour then watch this video which was taken in the 80's, and please note a police dispatcher was later quoted as saying
"Unnecessary violence in the apprehension of The Blues Brothers....has been approved"

please enjoy
Blues Brothers Movie....Arrest scene.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

Hahaha... I think you are the only Aussie that I have ever agreed with.. loved the blues bros clip

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

Wouldnt it have been easier and most likely safer for the community to just issue a warrant?

You do understand that a warrant doesn't automatically make someone just come to the police station and say
" I hear you have a warrant I want to turn myself in."

No a warrant is just a piece of paper, the police still have to search for you while in the meantime your out committing other crimes in that same community.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Were safe only because our local Police have not been given the order to round us up and take us to the railway station.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
In pre 1989 "communist" Czech republic such action would be unbelievable. There was police force with no military equipment. If I have to decide if I want to live in present day USA or pre 1989 Czechoslovakia I would vote for later. Believe me, ten years earlier I wouldn't say so.
As for "criminal record": USA have largest prison population not only per capita but absolutely: there is more people in prison than in China with 4 times larger population. Are US citizens hard core criminals or is something totally rotten in US police/criminal justice/prison complex?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Privateinquotations

You are correct, and after that day, we were scared. There were things put in motion to protect us. Problem is, there are those who used that fear to promote and gain more control over us as a country. The prior administration did what he thought was right to 'protect' us from outside invaders. However, in those laws he passed, unbeknownst to those who voted, there were loopholes for those that were waiting in the wings to come in and stomp out the last spark of patriotism. Now, in the last 5 years, the constitution has been ripped apart. The compartmentalization that occurred in 2000 is shattered into 100 different agencies who all point the finger at another one. No one takes responsibility and no one has to answer the difficult questions anymore. More and more acronyms and arms. More weapons taken form citizens but the government stockpiles. The MSM calls those who question conspiracy nuts. The latest from the DHS states those who have conflicting views of the government can be called and classified as terrorists.

10 years ago we were worried about Al Qaeda. 10 hours ago we sent another shipment to support their conflict in Syria. WTF happened to this country? We all let it happen...that is what happened.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Im more concerned with the escalation of the situation here.

This man wasn't out on a shooting spree, and his crime was a non violent crime.

A warrant just states that if they run across him again, then he's arrested on the spot, or if someone calls in his location they go and arrest him there.

Not at any point was it ok for the police to escalate this into a situation that could cause harm to innocents.

Hell around here, if someone shop lifts and they have video, they just post the vid to their Facebook page and their website and see if anybody knows who it is or where they may be.

They dont send a flippin armed battalion into the streets for one guy who stole something from a store.
And I dont even agree with ALOT of my local police policies, but on this one I sure do.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Welcome to the Police State.

Smile and say hi. Orwell would be proud.

Speaking of the two officers who shot up and almost killed those two women during the Dorner ordeal, whatever happened to those two PiecesOS? Were they ever punished in ANY way?

SWAT called out for retail theft: when you have too many cops with too many toys and not enough *real* crime happening, they get bored, find petty crime, and bring out the B-52s to get rid of an anthill to show their 21st Century authoritarian might.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join