It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the Christians out there...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You are right about that. But consider this.

God loves us enough to know what our desires are. Consider the times.

Society has taken so much control that our flesh has experienced so much. How difficult it is to fight.

So for the sake of Christians, He gave leniency. Remember, in the New Testament, He did as well.

The Holy Spirit saw fit to lay no other burden down than these things: Do not commit fornication, do not eat blood, do not eat things sacrificed to idols, and do not eat anything strangled.

So, basically, don't believe in another God, don't cheat on your wife, don't torture animals for your food, and cook your food properly (or don't be a vampire).

Of course, these are added to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart mind and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself."

That's it.

Now that was 2000 years ago.

Look how people have strayed.

Now imagine the leniency required to gift the truth to people during the reformation, after the Roman Catholic Church had done ten times worse than Egypt and Israel before it.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
reply to post by benrl

Now that was 2000 years ago.

Look how people have strayed.

Now imagine the leniency required to gift the truth to people during the reformation, after the Roman Catholic Church had done ten times worse than Egypt and Israel before it.

I understand that and agree, but there is definitely a call to Christians to test all spirits, and adhere to sound doctrine.

What you are saying is the Milk of Christianity, and most need to move beyond that and discover the meat of it, many churches do a poor job of that.

Mostly down to the fear of getting into the controversies around the doctrines they still follow that are not biblical in nature.

A discussion that has to happen in a mature walk with Christ.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eso322
Christ was a jew. How can you call yourself a Christian when you cast aside rites and rituals and teachings of the Jews.

- No He was Not.

...He, first, was a Benjaminite - from the Tribe of Benjamin
and trust me : of untainted blood

your mistake is, that you dont know what "Jews" are - though you make quotes like this OP

'jews' are a mixture of "judahites", who lived in the area judea
and Edomites [ esau]
..which judea conquered in 150 BC - IN SPITE He said to never mix with them

hence, "jews" is CHAM : since edom = cham
...think samaritans...pharisees....scribes...etc

so next time you think you ve to make a statement about Him : do your Homework, first.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Very true!

Nail on the head!

But look at how all the former Christians are denying, and there are so many newer Christians coming out of the woodwork.

How can we expect to feed meat to these newer Christians already?

The former generation has dissipated into rebellion, just as quickly as Israel did in the short period of time between the time of Jesus' birth and his chucking of the tables in the temple.

Short of a stronger intervention of the Spirit (which, don't get me wrong, I'm seeing a little evidence of it, I think), I don't know how to force meat down babies' throats. I've tried. It chokes them out man.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

Lone12,

your homework was in vain. You claim authority from exterior sources. That won't do any good.

What part of "the Lion of the tribe of Judah" do you not understand?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Lone12

Lone12,

your homework was in vain. You claim authority from exterior sources. That won't do any good.

*grin*

- i knéw you d come up with that TB

look
we ve been over this many times before.

..this 'lion of juda' is *not* the Lord - but Sekhmet, the egyptian lion of destruction

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Christ was a jew. How can you call yourself a Christian when you cast aside rites and rituals and teachings of the Jews.

IF Jesus was a jew... He was one of the worse Jews of all time...

Breaking laws and changing rules...

:shk:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
- yes i know :
all christians [ and especially messianics] have been Hammered In that it is the Lord

but you Think for a moment:

theres extensive descriptian about this 'lion'
which would be totally Unnecessary, if it WAS the Lord - right

2nd,
contextual, the chapter dont make Any sense, if the lion is He.

let me break down for you:

...John was crying, because the 'lion' was IN THE WAY
and NO ONE could 'open the seals '[ = the start of Rapture]
...but the Lamb [ = He ]

so the text is : " CONQUER the lion [ etc] to CAN OPEN the seals"

look that up in the pre-KJV texts.

then 'the lion from the tribe of judah'
- He was not 'from the tribe of juda' but from the HOUSE of juda [ the southern kingdom]
from the tribe of benjamin.

then it says "the root of David"
but He is *never* adressed elswhere in scripture as "the root of David"
but He IS as "the branch of Jesse" , davids father

meaning: this is a DIFFERENT lion

and it is the egyptian lion:
since all the 'holy books' of the jews, are infested with egyptian Sorcery
quabbalah, Scribes, pharisees, this present hexagram-flag nation, etc
...that is why He called them "Vipers"

..Paul was meeting 63 [!] times resistance by 'synagogues' in 63 different places

..the sphinx HAD to disguise himself as 'lion',
since the sceptre of Rule was ordined to be 'between Judahs feet '- judah the lion

...and the one, whom most wait as 'saviour' , will turn out to be the egyptian Shu lion messiah.

Hope that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What I cannot understand is how the Jews, in hindsight, cannot recognize, in the Great Work of Jesus Christ, the twin pillars of Justice and Mercy and thus the Kabbalistic Tree of Life.

On this note, acclaimed Jewish Rabbi, Yitzchak Kaduri, who passed away in January of 2006, did himself profess that Jesus is the Messiah.

Israel Today was given access to many of the rabbi’s manuscripts, written in his own hand for the exclusive use of his students. Most striking were the cross-like symbols painted by Kaduri all over the pages. In the Jewish tradition, one does not use crosses. In fact, even the use of a plus sign is discouraged because it might be mistaken for a cross.

www.roadturn.com...

So there number 1 teacher reveals this on his deathbed, and while 300,000 people massed for his funeral (not a small feat in a country the size of Israel), this little tid bit get's ignored and covered up because it ruffles the feathers of Jewish sensibility..? how sad.

Intriguingly, he said that he met with the Messiah who would "return" after the death of Ariel Sharon who, as of this writing end of August 2013 while still in a coma, is still alive, even showing brain activity for various stimuli.

But doesn't Jesus come when he returns, all at once and from nowhere in particular..?

Hmph.. I guess time will tell..

Best regards,

NAM

edit on 29-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Apart from the sound reasons already mentioned, you know perfectly well that if we accepted the Jewish laws people like you would be falling over yourselves to argue that we must be evil because we want to stone adulterers.
We could not win either way.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone12

reply to post by Lone12

Lone12,

*grin*

look

..this 'lion of juda' is *not* the Lord - but Sekhmet, the egyptian lion of destruction

Revelations 5:5 clearly states Christ's title as being;

5:5; "And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof."

It is plain fact that Jesus was of the tribe of Judah. It is written plainly right here in Revelations. David was also of the tribe of Judah and Solomon after him.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Paul argued this with Peter and James in Jerusalem. Paul believed that it was not necessary to be held by the Law and traditions and that gentiles could be grafted on as Abraham's children and have the right to be called Israel.

Peter, after visions from Christ, was also able to accept gentiles that were not practising Jews, but were followers and believers in Christ.

The Old Covenant still matters because that is where all the prophesy concerning Christ came from. It is the history of The LORD'S gradual revealing of Himself to humanity.

By humanity's measuring of history even Abraham is modern, living less than four thousand years ago. Abraham was/is the first Jew.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Originally posted by Lone12

reply to post by Lone12

Lone12,

*grin*

look

Revelations 5:5 clearly states Christ's title as being;

5:5; "And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof."

It is plain fact that Jesus was of the tribe of Judah. It is written plainly right here in Revelations. David was also of the tribe of Judah and Solomon after him.

- No.

I understand very well you are thinking like that
or better : conditioned to think like that.

and yes i know ; it is difficult, at first, to Accept another , seemingly false context.
and it takes Courage.

but dont forget :
by little Lies, They [ edom] has placed many of original scripture verses in another Context -
for example, as if the many verses in prophecy about "Israel" should point to "this little country"
while in fact,
they *exclusively* point to "the northern kingdom"[ the 10 tribes] called "Israel".

..with this web of little lies,
they come to you with the Kicker, as if 'the lion of judah' is He.
- it is Not.

Trust me.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
- the fact alone already,
that these additions are given, about this 'lion',
should make you suspicious it is nót He.

...because He knew VERY WELL,
that this verse would be Tampered with.

Many - most - do not comprehend,
how Utterly Devious the egyptian pantheon [ Gog] has Mimicked itself , tried to Weld itself,
to judah/lion - according to genesis 49
...because the issue is about World Rule here.

kind regards,

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
By humanity's measuring of history even Abraham is modern, living less than four thousand years ago. Abraham was/is the first Jew.

And Abraham's decedents were a Caucasian, Aryan (Civilized) Tribe who came from ancient India with knowledge accumulated from the Indus River Valley Civilization.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Re: Origins

And on a figure on a ancient wall in India a symbol from Hinduism this word 'Omm' is centered in the connection of the triangle female symbol and the upright triangle male symbol.

The so called Star of David is not a symbol from Judaism, but a symbol form the Vedic religion of ancient India, that is worshiping the reunion of man and wife. The symbol and the hidden meaning from Hinduism of this symbol was known by teachers of the Jewish mysticism and has found over them its way to the present Jewish culture.

Shiva is preserved in the Hebrew Genesis as chavvah ( = eve ) ( “life-giver” ) as the female life together with the Hebrew chayim ("Life").

Vedic Timeline and History
en.wikipedia.org...

The whole thing originated in ancient India, from Taoism, to Judaism, Islamic, Christian, Buddhist.

Abraham

In his History of the Jews, the Jewish scholar and theologian Flavius Josephus (37 - 100 A.D.), wrote that the Greek philosopher Aristotle had said: "...These Jews are derived from the Indian philosophers; they are named by the Indians Calani." (Book I:22.)

Clearchus of Soli wrote, "The Jews descend from the philosophers of India. The philosophers are called in India Calanians and in Syria Jews. The name of their capital is very difficult to pronounce. It is called 'Jerusalem.'"

"Megasthenes, who was sent to India by Seleucus Nicator, about three hundred years before Christ, and whose accounts from new inquiries are every day acquiring additional credit, says that the Jews 'were an Indian tribe or sect called Kalani...'" (Anacalypsis, by Godfrey Higgins, Vol. I; p. 400.)

Martin Haug, Ph.D., wrote in The Sacred Language, Writings, and Religions of the Parsis, "The Magi are said to have called their religion Kesh-î-Ibrahim.They traced their religious books to Abraham, who was believed to have brought them from heaven." (p. 16.)

And so, when we look to the origins of all the major religious traditions of the world, we must look to the "Sacred Science" of Brahmavidya in ancient India, which may predate ancient Egypt.

Main article: Indus Valley Civilization
3300 BC: antecedents of the Indus Valley Civilization begin with the Ravi phase, eventually becoming one of the world's three earliest urban civilizations, contemporary to Mesopotamia and Ancient Egypt.
en.wikipedia.org...

That is where the process began, through their deep searching of a "first cause" and the uncreated creator of the unmanifested, made manifest.

"The kingdom of heaven is within."

Cheers.

NAM

edit on 29-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

What laws did He break
I hear this often but dont see the laws broken as suggested.
Were the laws those of God or the ones made by Pharisees?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

What laws did He break

Blasphemy against the OT God... Claiming God is his Father....

Working on the sabbath... An eye for an eye was changed to forgiveness rather then revenge...

Etc etc....

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

What laws did He break

Blasphemy against the OT God... Claiming God is his Father....

Working on the sabbath... An eye for an eye was changed to forgiveness rather then revenge...

Etc etc....

It is only blasphemy if it was a lie, you will need to establish some proof that Jesus lied, what others

Working on the Sabbath, really. You may need to show some detail in relation as to what constitutes working, according to you and Judaism, and the differences.
An eye for an eye is the law, it is still applicable. Jesus taught forgiveness, thats not breaking the law, thats forgiving the debt of the law

Is that it....really

What laws did He break

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reply to post by eso322

What??? Just 2 lines??? This is a thread you started not a post...where is your research, where is your passion for your topic??? This sounds more like an after thought or perhaps just a sad attempt to aggravate Christians...Bless you and have a good week-end, you lil

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

One that gets mentioned often is the questioning of Jesus by the experts on the law sent from Jerusalem, on the habit of his disciples to not wash their hands before eating bread.
The general defence brought up by the people who hold to Jesus' lack of heresy concerning the Torah, is that they only violated rabbinical laws.
Looking for such a rabbinical law only produces one concerning bread used in offerings.
Looking in the Torah for laws about washing hands seems to show that it was done before making offerings.
What this makes me think is that Jesus had a custom that his disciples picked up from him, of making some sort of offering with the bread as they broke it, but the gospels left that part out so as not to have the reader possibly confuse that with the memorial symbology of the Last Supper.
So this "tradition" that the lawyers mention could be one that was based on the law in the Torah for making offerings, but was originally for the Levites involved in the Tabernacle service.
edit on 31-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join