It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught in a chemical attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Link to article & story

Le Monde: One of the survivors of the chemical attack in Syria.

"At first, there is only a little sound, a metallic ping, almost a click....We thought it was a mortar that didn't explode, and no one really paid attention to it...it was like 'a Pepsi can that falls to the ground'. No odour, no smoke, not even a whistle to indicate the release of a toxic gas.

And then the symptoms appear. The men cough violently. Their eyes burn, their pupils shrink, their vision blurs.

Soon they experience difficulty breathing, sometimes in the extreme; they begin to vomit or lose consciousness.

The fighters worst affected need to be evacuated before they suffocate."

Now could you imagine what it would be like to live through such a horrible event? It is like hearing mortars or bombs fall is the norm for them.

I would be absolutely afraid for my life and constantly on the lookout for danger. Not fun indeed.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i just hope the suffering ends......it has to end

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You know the saddest part we couldn't have thought about 10 years ago? Today, this boy is gassed ...and lives!

Tomorrow, he may be unlucky enough to be in a minivan....just driving up to render aid to some Reuters reporters, shot to dog food by an American Apache gunship...while they laughed it up.

Poor kid probably doesn't even realize his story and image is being used to help create the world he will inherit by living there in the years to come. If he knew. he'd turn an bust that reporters nose flat. I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
My heart sinks into my stomach looking at that picture.
As an American I am beyond remorseful for all these events that continually occur on more than a daily basis. I am sad that our administration does not listen to it's own people, instead they fudge statistical # and pawn it off to the people that we are for a war when so man are actually against such travesties. It really makes a grown man want to cry

new topics

top topics

join