It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Parliament vote on military action in Syria tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just a heads up thread really letting anyone in the UK whos interested know that the ITV news at 10 is staying on air a little longer tonight to bring the Parliament vote on military action in Syria.

David Cameron said that there does not need to be UN backing for military action to take place as long as said action saves lives. *cough*Bullsh!t*cough* So if the vote goes in favour of it i'd say its a done deal.

We all know saving lives is not the reason they want to go into Syria. But hey i guess its not up to the people whether or not the people die.

edit on 29-8-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

David Cameron said that there does not need to be UN backing for military action to take place as long as said action saves lives. So if the vote goes in favour of it i'd say its a done deal.

Hmmm so why is the West not helping all the other oppressed and murdered people of the world?

Oh right they are not sitting on Europes potential Oil pipeline, got it.

Hear that the oppressed masses in places like Asia and Africa, you need to find something we want to get help.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

yep!

I wouldnt even call it help

This conflict will probably kill more people than it saves. Nobody wants this. And I dont think of any armed forces personel that sets foot in syria as a hero.....only naive and ignorant and without a choice

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If Cameron had any courage or strength of character, the vote wouldn't be on whether to go kill more innocent people while getting a few targets among them.

IF the man had any courage ...(and our leaders are no better)... then the vote would be on whether to authorize an SAS team to perform an extraordinary rendition on one Bashar Al Assad for trial before the ICC and World Court.

IF they think they have a case, then put money where mouth runs right now and make it to the court who really exists for this. ONE Rendition beats 10,000 dead conscript soldiers and civilians.

Of course Cameron will NEVER do that and nor will Obama. Why? They may be the next warm bodies taken out of bed at gun point and whisked to another land for trial. They know it and they'd rather kill people who had NOTHING to do with anything here....than go after the ONE man they CLAIM it's all about. Lies Lies and More Lies.
edit on 29-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
How Odd, i'm sure I heard on the news they where saying there won't be a vote today.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

IF the man had any courage ...(and our leaders are no better)... then the vote would be on whether to authorize an SAS team to perform an extraordinary rendition on one Bashar Al Assad for trial before the ICC and World Court.

IF they think they have a case, then put money where mouth runs right now and make it to the court who really exists for this. ONE Rendition beats 10,000 dead conscript soldiers and civilians.

If the Haag, Court of justice was just. Bush, Blair, Bill Clinton and a lot more would have been in jail for life.

There is no international Court that is just for the US, UK, France, Russia, India, Pakistan or Chine.
Who would take front to go and Catch them?

If Haag judges these People in their Court. Haag would be deamed usles.

Haag, only Works for People like Saddam, Assad and Gadafy, you know People that the US, UK, France can go in and get With brut force, Because that is what it would take to fetch a these people.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

There is due to be a vote today but as far as i am aware its not a vote re military action, i think that is to be held in a separate vote.

The vote this eve (actually there are 2 votes) is with regards to labours amendment, which basically is whether to wait for the weapons inspectors to finish and report back before taking action.

Going by the maths, its highly expected that Cameron will get his way.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
How Odd, i'm sure I heard on the news they where saying there won't be a vote today.

Snippet from sky news

Parliament has been recalled for an emergency debate on the crisis in Syria and MPs will vote at 10pm tonight on the Government's motion.

Full sky news story

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
People should be out in the streets over this.
These criminals have continued to wage war, invade and murder innocent people.

We haven't done nothing to put a stop to it.
Bit like when the Germans sat back and let hitler continue with his crimes.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

top topics

join