It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious underground fire perplexes Alaska town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

www.cbc.ca...

Mysterious underground fire perplexes Alaska town

CBC News
Posted: Aug 28, 2013 3:34 PM CT
Last Updated: Aug 29, 2013 11:30 AM CT

"The people of Eagle, Alaska, are getting worried about an underground fire 40 kilometres outside of town that's been burning and spewing noxious smoke for more than a year. (Ed Christensen/National Parks Service)"

quoted from Article "Aerial photos suggest a volcano forming"

ya sounds about right.
Ice Cap melting,,check,,
volcano forming in Italy,,check
the Earth's Volcanic Activity,,,,nope stil not sure,,if there is anything abnormal,,in our generation,, check.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Alaska sits on the ring of fire, it would be expected to have activity of this type.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Wow...interesting story. This quote seems odd. Anyone know anything about an explosion underground there? Can volcanic activity cause underground explosions?

Sanders said the fire started with an underground explosion last fall but the effects are visible on the surface. The fire zone used to cover about 5 acres, but it's grown to about 30 after burning all year, Sanders says.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Looks like there was a thread on the event last year here as well...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
coal fire?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well, fly a string of C-130's with 30k bunker busters to make the hidden fire a visible one!

Of course, it could also make the ultimate God-Like level of back draft to set records for all time with ....but hey, it'll solve the mystery, right!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Huh, I haven't heard anything about it, I think it sounds worse than it is.

That area is pretty geologically stable from what I know, it's over by the Canadian border. Most of the volcanic/tectonic activity is around the coastal regions much further south.

I guess you can drive to Eagle ... but only in the summer. Maybe I ought to take a road trip and see what's going on. . .

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

ya sounds about right.
Ice Cap melting,,check,,
volcano forming in Italy,,check
the Earth's Volcanic Activity,,,,nope stil not sure,,if there is anything abnormal,,in our generation,, check.

sinkholes,,check
pole shift,,check
earth travelling thru rubble field in space,,check

interesting times indeed.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
coal fire?

Very possible if there are coal deposits in that area. Underground coal fires can burn for decades. They need not be monstrous as perhaps is the one shown in the image. Growing up in east central Illinois, there was one in our neighborhood which happened to be an worn-out coal-mining area.

However, that would be my last guess. After all, the earth can bleed fire in many ways.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Methaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
coal fire?

Aerial photos suggest a volcano forming but geologists say it's likely an underground shale gas fire.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's not being reported in the biggest news outlets up here.

As I said, I don't think it's as big of a deal as it sounds. It'd be about a 12 hour road trip for me to check it out.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
"The people of Eagle, Alaska, are getting worried about an underground fire 40 kilometres outside of town that's been burning and spewing noxious smoke for more than a year. (Ed Christensen/National Parks Service)"

Talk about being a cool Alaskan... Well it's burning and spewing smoke for over a year now... NOW I'm getting worried.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

ya what about the temp. rise up North in Iglucknuk,, the kids are now, learning too swim,,,first time ever, that they had the opportunity,,after all it is the Arcrtic Ocean,,,it dont get that warm,,very often

"Typically, in Kugluktuk, it’s about 13 degrees this time of year, according to Environment Canada. Local teacher Barbara Olson and her family found a unique way to deal with the scorching temperatures: they’ve been snorkeling — in the Arctic Ocean."

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
7.0 North America United States Alaska Adak

That anywhere near here?

P.s Anyone feel it?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Like 2 years ago I worked with somebody who has family up in Alaska. And while it was raining and cold here they were having some of the hottest weather on record in fact it was hotter there then it was here, for the time of the year that is, which was fall/winter. So ya the weather is slowly a changing. As for this mysterious underground fire which has been going on for over a year, it happens all the time. Why Hawaii has such phenomenon by the score. Totally natural, after all ring of fire area and all, no need for it to be on the news.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
New volcano getting ready to blow?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

That's the thing,,one group, its just an underground, shale fire,,,another,,possible Volcano, forming,,now the 7.0 quake,,
u would think Geologists, could reach def. decision,,,
might be important.
edit on 30-8-2013 by bobathome because: (no reason given)

top topics

join