It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Renews Push for HPV Vaccinations for Pre-teens of Both Sexes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is renewing its push to have more 11- and 12-year-old children of both sexes be vaccinated against cancer-causing strains of human papillomavirus (HPV), despite continuing concerns about its safety and opposition by many parents.

Here we go again. Our Federal agencies supporting the profits of Big Pharma over the safety of our children.

"As of July 2013, there have been 27,908 Gardasil adverse-event reports filed with VAERS [Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System], including 126 deaths, more than 10,000 emergency room visits, over 2,500 hospitalizations," Fisher said. Another 12 death reports in VAERS have been associated with Cervarix.

Fisher charged that those 27,908 negative reactions may represent "only 10 percent of Gardasil adverse events that have actually occurred … because 90 percent of all Gardasil adverse events have never been reported to VAERS."

With those overwhelming statistics of negative reactions are the purported benefits really worth taking a chance of dying? Even assuming the vaccine happens to prevent the transmission of the virus to a few children does this really justify all of the risk?

I am allowing my daughter to make her own choice in regards to this vaccine. She has until her 20s to make her decision and if at any time she decides to take Gardasil she has my support. During her health class last year I supported her choice to do a paper on the pros and cons of this vaccine which she presented to her class. She was able to lay out an argument both for and against this vaccine, however, her conclusion was that for her it simply wasn't worth the potential side effects and risks. She also concluded that the main reason that males are also being encouraged to take Gardisil is the potential for Big Pharma to double their potential 'customers' which I think should more appropriately be referred to as victims.

Link to Article

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

With those overwhelming statistics of negative reactions are the purported benefits really worth taking a chance of dying?
You know those reactions include things like a swelling at the injection site, right?

You know that we are talking about more than 57 million injections, right?
That means those 28,000 reported cases amounts to 0.05% of those vaccinated. Not exactly "overwhelming".

Those statistics are pretty much what was predicted by pre-licensing trials.

www.cdc.gov...
edit on 8/29/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
my best friends daughter was offered this a few years ago. the majority of her class that had it suffered adverse side effects to varying degrees. i'm sure a lot of side effects go unreported as per my friends daughters class. i would NEVER give this to my daughter.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Gov Rick Perry of Texas tried to make this mandatory in Texas. He was forced to back off from that. Rumor is that he'll be running again in 2016. God .. I hope he doesn't become the nominee for the GOP. Christie is bad ... but at least he didn't try to force this evil shot on children! YIKES!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh boy. More urls that end in gov.

24 girls died during test trials, and it was covered up.

This is a sexually transmitted disease. Not something that's contagious the in casual contact.

Good old no glove no love and safe sex education should take precedence over more vaccinations.
This just gives them a false sense of protection to go out and have unsafe sex.
Unsafe sex doesnt protect them from AIDS or hepatitis C. Now does it.

edit on 8/30/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Why don't they teach kids to wait until old enough until they make sex decision?

I never understood this... i never got "laid" when i was in high school, i had the urges but i also had responsibility to finish school and better myself. many people i knew never put sex on pedestal.

My first real girlfriend was when i was 20.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
A sobering look at the NON TRANSPARENCY of the truth about Gardacil.

www.wnd.com...

communities.washingtontimes.com...

www.wnd.com...

articles.mercola.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The first point to be aware of is that the risk of death from cervical cancer Is very small. Two in every 100 cancers diagnosed in women are for cervical cancer, which if picked up early with a pap smear test, is very treatable. Most cases are thought to be caused by a strain of the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV).

The greatest risk comes from unprotected sex from multiple partners.

However, in more than 90 percent of all cases the infection resolves on its own and does not lead to any health complications.Currently there are about 900 deaths a year from cervical cancer, most of which could be eliminated with faster diagnosis encouraging pap smears if any symptoms develop, the most obvious being a small bump or group of bumps (possible warts) in the genital area.Let’s assume that, with self-screening for symptoms, and early pap smears, the death rate could be halved. Given that there are about 2 million teenage girls that means a girl’s risk is about 1 in 5,000. But if your daughter is not in the ‘promiscuous/unprotected sex’ category, this has got to, at least, halve her risk.

So, a more realistic risk of cervical cancer death would be 1 in 10,000. That’s about the same as the risk of a teenager being killed in a road traffic accident.

What I find outrageous is that the website 123againsthpv.co.uk doesn’t say anything about watching out for genital bumps/warts, getting a pap smear test, or the dangers associated with promiscuity and unprotected sex. It just pushes the vaccine Gardasil. (This isn’t an NHS ad campaign. The vaccine is made by Sanofi Pasteur, who own the website. When did it become legal in Britian to advertise drugs? Can anyone tell me how Sanofi Pasteur got permission?)Level of Benefit versus Risk of Harm from VaccinationSome experts claim the vaccine is, at best, 20% effective. Some say ‘clinical trials show no evidence that HPV vaccination can protect against cervical cancer.’ (Annals of Medicine, 2011). This is partly because there are many strains of HPV, and a vaccine will only target some, but it is also because the clinical evidence of efficacy isn’t that good. But what about the risk of harm?
The first vaccine to be pushed in the UK was GSK’s Cervarix vaccine. Concerns were raised about the vaccine when a 14-year-old schoolgirl, collapsed and died within hours of receiving the Cervarix vaccine. However, it has since been reported that she apparently died from an underlying cancer, rather than from a reaction to the vaccine.  Another became paralysed following the vaccine. It is not known if the vaccine caused these problems. Adverse effects are quite common, with over 5,000 reported after about 1 million vaccinations. The VAERS database (Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System), which monitors reactions in the US, reports numerous cases of autoimmune disorders contracted after receiving the HPV vaccine. These side effects now include hundreds of reports of cervical dysplasia, and also many reports of cervical cancer - the very same thing the vaccine is meant to protect against.
They point out that the number of reported adverse reactions can be expected to be a fraction of the actual number of adverse reactions.Some researchers claim that this vaccine is well tolerated and ‘true’ adverse events are uncommon, however we have to be aware that there is a general medical denial of vaccine or drug-related reactions and consequently vast under-reporting. Self-reporting via organisations such as VAERS and also rxisk.org will help to flush out denied reactions.So the odds of a reaction are, at least, in the order of 1 in 200, which is a much higher level of risk than benefit. A recent review concludes “In the Western world cervical cancer is a rare disease with mortality rates that are several times lower than the rate of reported serious adverse reactions (including deaths) from HPV vaccination.
”Massive concerns about Gardasil, the vaccine currently being pushed at teenage girls, both through schools, GP practices and direct advertising, are being expressed by health experts in the US, where vaccination was first pushed heavily. Dr Diane Harper, one of the lead researchers on Gardasail, told CBS news in an interview that the available data suggests the vaccine’s protective effects do not last beyond five years.She stated:“If we vaccinate 11 year olds and the protection doesn’t last… we’ve put them at harm from side effects, small but real, for no benefit. The benefit to public health is nothing; there is no reduction in cervical cancers, they are just postponed, unless the protection lasts for at least 15 years, and over 70 percent of all sexually active females of all ages are vaccinated.” She concludes that enough serious side effects have been reported after Gardasil use that the vaccine could prove riskier than the cervical cancer it purports to prevent.The HPV Vaccine is Not Worth the Risk

More here :
www.patrickholford.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

So basically the amount of money, time and effort being spent to 'protect' young women is not proportionate to the actual amount of risk. There really is NO reason to expose males to this vaccine except to double the customers and therefore the profits for big pharma.

If I had any hair left I would be pulling it out right now.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's amazing the things we allow to exist around us. Learn the truth about Gardasil.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...

Some interesting reading .This vaccine is GMO to boot.Not even i knew that .

~~~~~~

shocking new report reveals that receiving blood donated from someone vaccinated with Gardasil, the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccine, may be downright dangerous to your health.S.A.N.E. Vax, Inc., contracted with an independent lab which tested 13 Gardasil vials from 13 different lots from all over the world and found that the genetically modified HPV DNA strands present in Gardasil had firmly attached to the vaccination's aluminum adjuvant in a whopping 100% of the samples tested.While natural HPV DNA does not stay in the bloodstream long, the aluminum binding allows the genetically modified recombinant HPV DNA (rDNA) to behave differently, potentially entering cells and wreaking havoc.The vials were analyzed after a concerned parent contacted S.A.N.E. Vax, because her 13-year-old daughter developed an auto-immune reaction that would later be diagnosed as acute juvenile rheumatoid arthritis within 24 hours after receiving her third Gardasil vaccine. Two years following the incident, the girl's blood still tested positive for HPV DNA that should not be there. In fact, these strands have also been found in post-mortem samples as well, as in the case of teen Jasmine Renata, who died inexplicably in her sleep six months after receiving a Gardasil shot.S.A.N.E. Vax points out that both Merck, the pharmaceutical company that manufactures Gardasil, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) claimed there was no viral DNA in Gardasil at the time of its "fast-tracked" approval. Milford Hospital Pathologist Dr. Sin Hang Lee, who analyzed the Gardasil vials, testified, "Undegraded viral and plasmid DNA fragments are known to activate macrophages, causing them to release tumor necrosis factor, a myocardial depressant which can induce lethal shock in animals and humans."NaturalNews has previously reported that, by injecting a vaccine, any potentially toxic ingredients therein become much more harmful, because they are allowed to bypass the natural protections of the respiratory system and digestive tract. Dr. Lee noted, "DNA in an injectable protein-based vaccine may increase the risk of autoimmune disorders and gene mutation which may lead to malignancies."Both Merck and the FDA should have been aware of this risk, but in fact, according to the official prescribing information for Gardasil, the vaccine "has not been evaluated for the potential to cause carcinogenicity or genotoxicity." Anyone who receives the Gardasil shot or allows administration to their children is taking a huge auto-immune disorder and/or cancer risk.Vactruth's Sandy Lunoe wrote the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ask about the potential dangers of blood transfusion recipients taking a Gardasil shot; the CDC responded that "the presence of DNA fragments is expected" and "Vaccination with Gardasil provides no known risk to the blood recipients or the blood donor." Lunoe notes that the CDC gave no evidence to support this statement.

Gardasil Adverse Reactions 'Like a Catalog of Horrors'

Tom Fitton, president of watchdog Judicial Watch, wrote, "The FDA adverse event reports on the HPV vaccine read like a catalog of horrors." Some of the adverse events include not only auto-immune disorders and cancer, but Guillain-Barre syndrome, paralysis, numbness, facial palsy, chronic pain, infertility, chronic fatigue syndrome and more. So many horrible reactions have occurred in the wake of Gardasil vaccinations that the Japanese government has withdrawn support and now requires the nation's medical professionals to warn patients who request Gardasil about the potential for adverse effects.As of August 2013, S.A.N.E. Vax reports that HPV vaccines have caused over 30,000 adverse reactions, including 6,154 cases where the recipient did not recover, 975 cases where the recipient was disabled and 139 deaths. The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program has already awarded nearly $6 million in damages to Gardasil victims.Despite the mounting evidence that Gardasil is dangerous, the FDA continues to maintain that Gardasil is safe and effective, and the National Institutes of Health even recently awarded the University of California nearly $550,000 to study new propaganda campaigns for pushing the shot on low-income minority parents.This is also despite the fact that HPV itself does not cause cervical cancer. In addition, the CDC even admits that 90% of HPV is taken care of naturally by the body's immune system within two years. Key Gardasil developer Dr. Diane Harper has recently come out against the vaccine to clear her conscience, stating, "Gardasil has been associated with at least as many serious adverse events as there are deaths from cervical cancer developing each year."In other words, thousands have been damaged by a vaccine that does not even provide any real health benefit.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

This is one of the more pointless vaccines I have to admit. Money should have been piled elsewere.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Considering one of the reactions was death, I would consider that to be fairly overwhelming.

top topics

join