posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
I said this in the OP before and here is the proof with some numbers.
American poverty just ain’t what it used to be. A new report from the Census Bureau found that 80.9% of households considered poverty
stricken have cell phones along with their landline phones, and 58.2% have computers. 96.1% of those in “poverty” have televisions, and 83% have
some sort of DVR.
This is not poverty. It is selfishness, greed and non-accountability.
-I have a:
- $30 32in Sony wega Trinitron that I picked up at a local thrift shop here in Riverside county
- another 32in I paid $60 for at another thrift shop, before I knew which shops.
- internet/phone bill is $59/mo phone needed for emergency and home security system(25/mo)
- NO cable, directv, or else.. OH $4.99/mo stream Netflix thru Old Wii, kids saved up a YEAR FOR! I just bought them an extra controller and a
- OH, TRACFONE.. paid $5 for it from a store in North Carolina called Roses (cheap walmart type store). Not one of those plasma tv phones
though..lol.. and I prepay $39 every 2 months for air time. (x2 for wife whom works 10hrs/day as caregiver helping paralyzed lady mother of 2 try and
All those items you listed are easily cheaper than a week of groceries