It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast-food walkout U.S. workers strike in several cities to call attention to low wages.

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Iv'e been in business for over 25 years, in manufacturing, service and govt. contracting.

In the course of that time I have employed over 200 people.

And it't been my experience that if you pretend to pay someone; they pretend to work and they steal.

Give a fair days pay and your people will be loyal and work their butts off for you.

The old adage "you get what you pay for" rings true in every situation.

edit on 5-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by HanzHenry

Originally posted by PlatinumShatinum
Fast food jobs are not meant to be careers. You should be upset at the politicians that have created this mess.

Every Job is MEANT to provide enough compensation to LIVE ON!

Else you are a SLAVE in a negative equity position

Untrue.

I could list jobs all day that would not exist if your suggestion were true. Just think about every "PRN" or on-call job that exists. Part time positions. Etc. Etc.

Employers offer employment that they have available. Employees agree to terms or not, and based on that may enter into an employment agreement.

News Flash... this OP is abut how things are not good NOW for low pay workers.. And how they are changing them.

YOU keep repeating the current corrupt dogma.. IT is OK.. only about 4% of people in general have an IQ high enough to rise above dogma into an intellectual debate. without resorting to already established and agreed upon ways of how things currently are.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
After a lotta searching, I can't find out if workers are still on strike or if the strike had any impact on wages. Has anyone heard anything?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I employ people in a market where unemployment is the lowest in the country. Literally. The lowest in the country. I have to bend over backwards to kiss their ass just to get them to show up to work.

So keep your nonsense to things you know about. Or not. I quite enjoy seeing what you are making up to ignore what I said while insulting me with unsubstantiated innuendo.

I have seen you post elsewhere. I thought you were above that.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Since when has 15-20 became a livable wage? I am talking having a family, owning a home, a couple vehicles, paying all the expenses, retirement, emergency funding, college money for the kids. Inflation has far exceeded past income folks. I know people with 3 degree's that work for 10 hr which is beans. A lot of those so called well paying jobs with starting pay 10 hr require a BS which is a joke. Moreover, you're applying for a job 1:100 applicants & also not to mention more and more graduates every year flooding the work force. When the barrel is empty it's empty. This government is fooling themselves into thinking this downward momentum can be reversed, that trillions of dollars is suddenly going to flow out of nowhere. Here we are again talking about going to yet another war. Hope you guys like eating rice.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

When you're in a fix and can't afford to eat well you have to buy into cheaper unhealthy food. Scientists have said that by 2020 1/3 of the population will have diabetes or have it and not know it. That's 150 million+ that's more than just a pandemic & IF the US is still standing by then 2020 looks mighty grim.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

excuse you.

Your presumption of entitlement stinks worse than anything else you are complaining about
perhaps you should read the commentary rather read into what doesn't exist.

since when does WORKING = entitlement

please put the mirror down before you type a response.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

oh btw, this ...

My mom and dad were oilfield trash
generally translates to Trust Fund Baby.
enjoy.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

Your rant sounds like a lot of the garbage I have been seeing a lot of lately on ATS. What scientists? Who will have diabetes? where is the empirical evidence to back it up? Are these the same scientists who tout that global warming is purely a man made crisis? It's nothing but sensationalist garbage that has been spouted since the 70's hippy movements. It serves the agenda of those that most of us are trying to rebel against and too many people fall hook line and sinker for it. I don't know about you but when I have been in a fix I tend to buy a lot of fruit and vegetables because they are cheap and I can cook them at home. The idea that people who are in a fix will mainly buy low quality food is quite a reach, since fresh fruit and veggies are much cheaper than fast food or frozen food.

Back to the OP. Low wages are for low skilled people. If those people want higher wages then they need to get some better skills. If a burger flipper or french fry broiler can make $15 an hour I wonder how much some other peoples skills can net them in different jobs. Next thing you know the baristas at dutch brothers and starbucks will want $15/hr, the greeters at wallmart and the people who pump gas will want the same wage. Let the kids and illegals have the low paying jobs... if people want to make a career out of them then they should accept and understand the consequences of low pay and stop bitching about it. In the end if all our low skill minimum wage jobs are paying $15/hr then inflation will come a knocking on our door and take the "living wage" out of their hand as well as the people who have skills who are making slightly more. Why would some people go to college if they knew that they could make $15/hr flipping burgers as a pose to having a ton of student loans and no job when they get out?
edit on 6-9-2013 by kdyam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Fast food establishments are small business, not mega corporations
REALLY ???
i guess someone should inform McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wal-Mart and all the other small businesses out there exploiting their employees

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
just more fuel to our fire... Lets be the SPARK for EVERYONE LIVING BETTER!

much of what some have been eluding to. With DATA and BY an actual economist

The Poor are better off Poor
edit on 8-9-2013 by HanzHenry because: bb code

edit on 8-9-2013 by HanzHenry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Did we forget we are talking about PEOPLE? What the f#ck is wrong with paying them more? What is wrong with making flipping burgers a carer? People with degrees need to eat too and those people are busy, so thats where Mcdonalds and BK ...ect come in.

So that (unfortunately) is now a part of society. I wish all "fast food" would cease. Lets sit down, lets have a lunch and go back to when people gave a s#it about others. Not grab a burger that will kill you, shove it into your face, while you step over a homeless person, screaming at them "get a job!". Then suck it down with a sugar drink full of crap too, its not even made with sugar anyway

We need healthy choices in this country, and I know this is off topic, sorry guys/girls.... but s#it!

We are talking about people. People who dont have good educations, couldnt afford school, didnt qualify for loans, dont know people to get their foots in the door. I see old people working at Mcdonalds, and thats sad to me. They get payed crap, and treated the same.

So lets take a min. to realise that these are people with feelings, familys and are just trying to survive. Hell most of them have second or even thrid jobs! Minimum wage is a sick joke.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

REALLY ???
i guess someone should inform McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wal-Mart and all the other small businesses out there exploiting their employees

You show your ignorance. Do you know what a franchise is? You DO realize that Ronald McDonald doesn't own each and every McDonalds, right?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Honor93

REALLY ???

You show your ignorance. Do you know what a franchise is? You DO realize that Ronald McDonald doesn't own each and every McDonalds, right?

MAN.. there really should be an IQ based society.

who gets the money from all the McD's products. Do franchise owners get free food and utensils?
McD franchisees are just another type of customer. Buy the rights to purchase McD's stuff to re-sell at a profit.

Actually trying this "you don't understand franchises" crap.. just proves what a small intellect you have.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

McDonalds cannot be the employer of the burger flipper, as that is already the franchise owner. Were McD's to want to be the employer, there would be no need for them to franchise out.

McDonalds cannot tell the franchise owners what to do with their employees. That would be called "co-employment", and would violate their contract and likely the law in their state.

When all you got are insults of someone intellect, you got nothing. As we can see. No matter how you try to spin it, McDonalds has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the employees at your local McDonalds.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

1....McDonalds cannot be the employer of the burger flipper, as that is already the franchise owner. Were McD's to want to be the employer, there would be no need for them to franchise out.

2....McDonalds cannot tell the franchise owners what to do with their employees. That would be called "co-employment", and would violate their contract and likely the law in their state.

3....When all you got are insults of someone intellect, you got nothing. As we can see. No matter how you try to spin it, McDonalds has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the employees at your local McDonalds.

1. McDonalds SETS the STANDARDS of CONDUCT done to the smallest letter.. Corporate Guidelines,, small hint

2 This is laughable.. you have NO CLUE! see above

3. this repeats your absolute lack of any knowledge on that which you speak.

McD's has no procedures that must be carried out in certain manners?

I am becoming stupider just reading your nonsense..

McDonalds SETS the prices for the food franchisees must sell things for.

and McDonalds sets the price for the supplies to run the frianchise.

And McDonalds sets the procedures for EVERYTHING... ask a Franchisee if McD's isn't involved..

YOU have obviously NO CLUE!!

edit on 9-9-2013 by HanzHenry because: grammar

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

None of what you said has anything to do with employment policy. It has everything to do with common brand standards relating to the appearance of items within the restaurant, and foods served. It is about a consistent experience.

McDonalds does not manage the employees of the franchise owners. They don't set the wages. All they do is dictate how the product will be presented, and what that product is.

That is what franchises do. I have run franchises (hotel for IHG brands). It is how it works. You can throw a million baseless insults out at me. Their lack of truth will not bolster the lack of truth in what you are saying. But go ahead.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

None of what you said has anything to do with employment policy. It has everything to do with common brand standards relating to the appearance of items within the restaurant, and foods served. It is about a consistent experience.

McDonalds does not manage the employees of the franchise owners. They don't set the wages. All they do is dictate how the product will be presented, and what that product is.

That is what franchises do. I have run franchises (hotel for IHG brands). It is how it works. You can throw a million baseless insults out at me. Their lack of truth will not bolster the lack of truth in what you are saying. But go ahead.

McD's sets the STANDARDS of CONDUCT for the franchisee. AND the franchisee gets periodical commentary from other franchisees and Corporate. Conduct and DISCIPLINE procedures are included.

Making inaccurate statements and then hiding behind "ive worked in franchises" isn't gonna cut it.
Noone else ever has I guess.

Every aspect of daily conduct and actions is DICTATED by corporate.. HENCE the CORPORATION!! FFS!!

the franchisees are handheld through everything.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

And this translates to their paychecks in what way?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
just came across this on the book of faces. figured itd make a good addition to the thread.

www.facebook.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join