It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Fast-food walkout U.S. workers strike in several cities to call attention to low wages.

page: 23
24
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by vtcajun
reply to post by oblvion
 


An example of that is that in the mid-late 90's in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, fast food joints had to pay starting wages of around $10/hr. That would be the equivalent of $15/hr in todays wages when you account for buying power of the wage. This was because there were many more better paying jobs and workers would not work for less.


WHAT HOLE ARE YOU LIVING IN?

a twenty year old example? my, the world hasn't changed at all in that time has it?..


PROOF YOU ARE OUT OF TOUCH... are you in the over 40 crowd? tired, tired OLD RHETORIC.. an EXAMPLE fro the 90's...


And, then you even admit "would be $15/hr today" SOMETHING YOU ADMIT!! SMACKS YOU IN THE FACE!!..

and bler bleep eeck blip.. short circuit right back to that TIRED old programming. "this musical chair I have is because I am sooooo awesome, when you become so awesome that chair will prove it"..

Wages will NOT go UP... a steady WAVE of CHEAP IMPORTED LABOR ?

bueller, bueller, bueller






posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ya want a better idea of what's going on here?.

Figure out Who holds an INTEREST in you FUTURES.

We're all just game-pieces.



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion
 


The average salary of a franchise owner is 60,000/year.

If an owner works 60 - 80 hours a week, do the math.

I bet you if I look hard enough, I could find a cat that played the piano.

By your logic, all cats would therefore be able to play the piano.
edit on 30-8-2013 by beezzer because: sprelling



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
I don't imagine this is congruent to many of my other posted opinions on such issues, but just raising minimum wage won't fix much of anything, and business as usual won't either.

There has to be a sea change if no one can agree on anything, which is the case. A moderating authority must step in to come up with a solution to benefit as many of the parties in conflict as possible.

Some will come out ahead, some will lose, but there has to be a better way than the way we do business now. Everything that can be done to eliminate those pesky, unreliable human factors is already being done, and will continue to be done. Employers will implement wonderful technologies to eliminate those damned toil and sweat jobs with machination / automation / software, and eliminate those jobs for the people who are trying to scrape by still and earn a living. So what is the real problem here?.

The real problem here is the monetary system, fees for services by banks which amount to little more than a keystroke, taxation by local and federal authorities for what amounts to nothing more than lining the pockets of those in positions of authority and money to waste on meaningless projects that only really benefit those who don't need any more than they already have.

I could go on for many pages, but a I stated, A Sea Change is needed, everything must change a little bit to benefit as many as possible. Unfortunately not everyone can benefit only because some people just cannot be satisfied.

To Promote the General Welfare is a good place to start as it is written in the preamble of The Constitution of the United States, along with the rest of the mission statement.

AND I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT WELFARE as the term is generally believed by many to mean, I am talking about opportunity being available to those who would take advantage of it without being unfairly exploited as the current system allows.

Corporations are not people, and should have no rights as such, they were not allowed in the U.S. until 1819 for very good reason, and should be sent on their way again as during the revolutionary war.

History repeats itself.


Exactly!!!

The business owner has not contributed more than those that spend their lives working for him, both parties have skin in the game, both should see a return for their investment.

At present only the business side sees anything most of the time, as if a nonliving business deserves more return than the living, that toil to make it all possible in the first place.

The non living business has done nothing, except soak up money, that the living should be using to move money around purchasing goods and services, thus further spurring economic growth.



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
A burger at McDo is about $7 now. Just 2 or 3 years ago it was $3.50. The reason why I would bring my own food into an airport was because of their crazy prices in the states. But, that's exactly it, the overhead is too much these days. Obama mandates that $10 is the minimum wage across the country, obamacare costs an arm and a leg for corporations, and with increased taxes and regulations it comes to no surprise that everything costs more, not to mention how much money is being printed these days which makes a significant difference for multinational corporations.

I have no pitty on the staff that works there, they probably voted for the idiots that is causing them these issues. Is it really that hard to see that by raising wages like this would cause the company to get rid of some employees and overwork others?

Obamacare doesn't count contractors, it's only a matter of time before recruiting agencies send "contractors" from fast food chain to another until the inevitable robot staff replacement. Protesting your company is not going to resolve anything because they're not the ones that decide what your wage is worth.



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Let them strike! There are Millions unemployed looking for jobs that could use them to support their families. Have you looked at the why also? Unemployment was around 4% in 07 and spiked to over 10% in 2009? There are millions out there who could fill these same jobs and would take them in a heartbeat...to survive an not bitch and pay their bills. Not for cell phones...not for cable...just to live and feed their families.

Libnk

If someone is working at McDonalds, and making that much, they qualify for Sec 8 housing, food stamps, Medicaid and the list goes on and on and the current admin loves it. Handouts galore.

Want to know who is hurting. The middle class guy who busted his ass all his life to have a nice home and making 75-100k per year. They are broke. Dead broke. I could tell you so many stories of people who have no maxed their credit cards because in a few short years everything has doubled. Healthcare ..Gas...groceries...clothes...consumables..everything. Living paycheck to paycheck and trying to get a second or third job but they are taken by people, poor subsidized people, who do not have to work full time because everything else is provided. You should not be raising a family on one fast food salary. How about you quit banging out kids and work?

So if someone is bringing home 500 bucks a week but has their rent paid, healthcare paid, gets food subsidy...even an Obamaphone. No, fast food is an entry level job just like washing dishes or carrying the cement on the job site, call centers or digging the ditches. It sucks..low pay..and you work harder and show you are a hard worker and you will get somewhere else. If not, use it as experience and get another entry level job somewhere else.

This is socialism folks. Cut and dry. Each year since 08 it has gotten worse...why not better?

edit on 30-8-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Just rereading some of the posts here.

Perhaps the most recent generations aren't taught humility.
They don't know what it is like to be humble.

They are told over and over how awesome they are and how exceptional they are.

Humility teaches us the value of even the smallest thing. The smallest gesture. The smallest gift.

Humility teaches us a perspective. It gives meaning and import to achievements earned, not given.

I don't honestly think we are teaching that anymore. Sadly, the examples are all over the place.
edit on 30-8-2013 by beezzer because: speling


Perhaps the recent generations live in a FAR DIFFERENT REALITY (the world).. AND who is responsible for the behavior of the young? ------the OLD! wham, bam, thank you mam!

they don't know what it is like to be humble... WHILE BEING COMPLETELY SHAFTED sans petrolatum.

they are told over and over how awesome ... NO GENERATION WAS TOLD THIS MORE THAN THE BOOMERS!

WE? your (we) hasn't taught ANYTHING but cowardice to govt. power over the last 50 years!



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Economics 101 - Paying your workers below the poverty line because they are less than human and deserve nothing out of life, no matter how hard they work. Oh wait, that's just greed

Economics 101 - Paying your workers what the position is worth because it's an entry level job that isn't intended to support a family. Oh wait, that makes sense.
Seriously people ... go take an economics course. Paying a burger flipper the same as a degree'd chemist will set off a chain of inflation and will do the burger flipper no good. Instead, the burger flipper needs to learn new skills and/or get an education to raise him/her self out of the entry level job. Handing him money he hasn't earned in an entry level position will just teach him that he can get money that he doesn't deserve and that he doesn't have to work for a better job.


In your opinion they don't deserve a pay rise. In their opinion they do.
In your opinion the job isn't worth more. In their opinion it is.
I'll believe them because they're the ones doing the job, not me.

They're also probably of the opinion that you don't deserve the pay you get and that your job is overpaid. You opinion will be opposite. I'll believe you because you're the one doing the job, not me.

Opinions.

The fact is, all employees are important to the smooth running of any company - this is the only reason a company employs anyone, because there's a job that NEEDS to be done. If minimum wage earners were so unimportant to a company and not really needed, they wouldn't be hired at all.

This is what all minimum pay workers need to remember - they need to realise their company hires them because it NEEDS them, and not because it's doing them some half-arsed favour.


you make it sound like these minimum wage workers are slaves of some sort. That fact is, there job there doing is a contract between themselfs and there employer. The contract is, you work X amount of hours and produce X amount of product and ill pay you X amount of dollars. The employee doesn’t have to agree to these terms. They can walk away from the job offer and try somewhere else. Its a contract.

Contracts are not set in stone - they can be re-negotiated.



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry
 


I'm sorry. Did you actually mean to bring anything to this conversation? Not even sure what you are getting at other than just supplying a little gibberish. Learn to communicate in a meaningful way.



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry

Originally posted by beezzer
Just rereading some of the posts here.

Perhaps the most recent generations aren't taught humility.
They don't know what it is like to be humble.

They are told over and over how awesome they are and how exceptional they are.

Humility teaches us the value of even the smallest thing. The smallest gesture. The smallest gift.

Humility teaches us a perspective. It gives meaning and import to achievements earned, not given.

I don't honestly think we are teaching that anymore. Sadly, the examples are all over the place.
edit on 30-8-2013 by beezzer because: speling


Perhaps the recent generations live in a FAR DIFFERENT REALITY (the world).. AND who is responsible for the behavior of the young? ------the OLD! wham, bam, thank you mam!

they don't know what it is like to be humble... WHILE BEING COMPLETELY SHAFTED sans petrolatum.

they are told over and over how awesome ... NO GENERATION WAS TOLD THIS MORE THAN THE BOOMERS!

WE? your (we) hasn't taught ANYTHING but cowardice to govt. power over the last 50 years!



And I rest my case.




posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs
 


how about raising salaries so ppl can take care of themselves and remove welfare since they dont need it anymore finally getting what is known as a 'living wage'?

some companies cant afford it as they are still in development. but that's no excuse for the well developed companies that can.

help ppl grow out of welfare. it will help close the gap between middleclass and rich that seems ever growing.

that's y i said, a company should pay it's employees a percentage of the return(profit margin) profit margin goes up, they get an increase because of the percentage alotted to them. profit margins go down they get a decrease. so they will realize they should make the best effort to increase profit margin so they will profit too.

in short a company's staff should be viewed as shareholders/investors by the company.
edit on 30-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Economics 101 - Paying your workers below the poverty line because they are less than human and deserve nothing out of life, no matter how hard they work. Oh wait, that's just greed

Economics 101 - Paying your workers what the position is worth because it's an entry level job that isn't intended to support a family. Oh wait, that makes sense.
Seriously people ... go take an economics course. Paying a burger flipper the same as a degree'd chemist will set off a chain of inflation and will do the burger flipper no good. Instead, the burger flipper needs to learn new skills and/or get an education to raise him/her self out of the entry level job. Handing him money he hasn't earned in an entry level position will just teach him that he can get money that he doesn't deserve and that he doesn't have to work for a better job.


In your opinion they don't deserve a pay rise. In their opinion they do.
In your opinion the job isn't worth more. In their opinion it is.
I'll believe them because they're the ones doing the job, not me.

They're also probably of the opinion that you don't deserve the pay you get and that your job is overpaid. You opinion will be opposite. I'll believe you because you're the one doing the job, not me.

Opinions.

The fact is, all employees are important to the smooth running of any company - this is the only reason a company employs anyone, because there's a job that NEEDS to be done. If minimum wage earners were so unimportant to a company and not really needed, they wouldn't be hired at all.

This is what all minimum pay workers need to remember - they need to realise their company hires them because it NEEDS them, and not because it's doing them some half-arsed favour.


you make it sound like these minimum wage workers are slaves of some sort. That fact is, there job there doing is a contract between themselfs and there employer. The contract is, you work X amount of hours and produce X amount of product and ill pay you X amount of dollars. The employee doesn’t have to agree to these terms. They can walk away from the job offer and try somewhere else. Its a contract.


BS!!!!

There is literally nothing else in most of the economy...PERIOD!!!!!

They have to agree, or they can be social leeches, most dont want to be, so they take the crap work they can get, better than just sitting on their asses and soaking the public.

I know of many who can just sit on their butts, but instead choose to work, yet still cant make enough.

Any company making hundreds of millions, should not be relying on the public to feed them and their families, NOT EVER!!!!!

If a man works over 40 hours a week, at any job, he deserves to be able to have a home and food, the ultra rich, with way more than them or their next 6 sets of kids and grand kids and great great great grand kids dont deserve thousands of times more for doing absolutely nothing but being born owning a business, than the man actually making the money in the first place.

That is the way of the Monarchy, not the way of the American.

Kings deserve it all because their daddy was king.

Americans deserve the ability to work and aquire through LABOR, a decent living.

None of these palaces can exist at all, without the guy who cleans the toilet, who mows the grass, who cooks the meals...etc


All of these deserve a decent living, as all are equally important and required positions.



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by matafuchs
Let them strike! There are Millions unemployed looking for jobs that could use them to support their families. Have you looked at the why also? Unemployment was around 4% in 07 and spiked to over 10% in 2009? There are millions out there who could fill these same jobs and would take them in a heartbeat...to survive an not bitch and pay their bills. Not for cell phones...not for cable...just to live and feed their families.

Libnk

If someone is working at McDonalds, and making that much, they qualify for Sec 8 housing, food stamps, Medicaid and the list goes on and on and the current admin loves it. Handouts galore.

Want to know who is hurting. The middle class guy who busted his ass all his life to have a nice home and making 75-100k per year. They are broke. Dead broke. I could tell you so many stories of people who have no maxed their credit cards because in a few short years everything has doubled. Healthcare ..Gas...groceries...clothes...consumables..everything. Living paycheck to paycheck and trying to get a second or third job but they are taken by people, poor subsidized people, who do not have to work full time because everything else is provided. You should not be raising a family on one fast food salary. How about you quit banging out kids and work?

So if someone is bringing home 500 bucks a week but has their rent paid, healthcare paid, gets food subsidy...even an Obamaphone. No, fast food is an entry level job just like washing dishes or carrying the cement on the job site, call centers or digging the ditches. It sucks..low pay..and you work harder and show you are a hard worker and you will get somewhere else. If not, use it as experience and get another entry level job somewhere else.

edit on 30-8-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)


whine about the working poor looking for a decent life... REMEBER HOW WELFARE IS BAD? are you encouraging WELFARE... to THEN RIDICULE THOSE ON IT?

and then whine about someone making 75-100k/yr as being BROKE... SO F-ing what..? GOOD! they SHOULD be broke if they lived off credit... BOY, that college ejemucation sure didn't keep them from being DUMMIES did it?

SO, free market competition for the poor.... and POOR down trodden upper tax brackets.. I mean those poor people had to use credit cards to continue a lifestyle BETTER than 75% of people ----------EVER HAD?


YEAH, poor them...

AND, what of the LABOR MOVEMENT in AMERICA ? ? EVER LEARN about THAT IN SCHOOL?

what if all those people back then just decided "you know, this is a low wage job. we should just accept it and go back to school"

..DID YOU KNOW THERE WAS A MAGIC JOB FAIRY?? if we ALL JUST "go back to school" then GUESS WHAT?

jobs will magically appear!! really!! they WILL!!

companies will shut down all foreign call centers DAY ONE... all foreign made "American" car plants will CLOSE IMMEDIATELY!!

Every one of us can be CEO's, managers, supervisors, the HIGH paid guy!

just work hard and go to school

edit on 30-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: bb code



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup
reply to post by matafuchs
 


how about raising salaries so ppl can take care of themselves and remove welfare since they dont need it anymore finally getting what is known as a 'living wage'?

some companies cant afford it as they are still in development. but that's no excuse for the well developed companies that can.

help ppl grow out of welfare. it will help close the gap between middleclass and rich that seems ever growing.

that's y i said, a company should pay it's employees a percentage of the return(profit margin) profit margin goes up, they get an increase because of the percentage alotted to them. profit margins go down they get a decrease. so they will realize they should make the best effort to increase profit margin so they will profit too.

in short a company's staff should be viewed as shareholders/investors by the company.
edit on 30-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)


Have you ever run the books for a company?

Remember, the majority of jobs are not created by the megacorporations you are likely talking about. I run the books for a small business. We set about 45% of our revenue aside for wages and benefits. We pay 70% of our employees insurance costs. Before Obamacare (ACA) we provided better insurance for less money. It sucks enough now I dropped coverage and moved over to my wifes insurance (which costs me more).

So 45% goes to wages and benefits. You keep chiseling away. For example, food costs in most restaurants is around 28%. So now you are spending a total of 73% of your annual revenue on real, hard costs. Throw in any franchise fees (around 6%), the electric bills, etc (another 3%) and allocation of reserves for your property taxes (approx 10%, give or take).

So I am a restaurant owner, running about $600k/year in revenue, making a 10% gross profit margin (food industry is 8%-12% average, with 18% being the high end for chains).

This isn't rocket science. People who know how to do math, and use spreadsheets created these models because they work. If you have a better mousetrap, I am interested.



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup
reply to post by matafuchs
 


how about raising salaries so ppl can take care of themselves and remove welfare since they dont need it anymore finally getting what is known as a 'living wage'?

some companies cant afford it as they are still in development. but that's no excuse for the well developed companies that can.

help ppl grow out of welfare. it will help close the gap between middleclass and rich that seems ever growing.

that's y i said, a company should pay it's employees a percentage of the return(profit margin) profit margin goes up, they get an increase because of the percentage alotted to them. profit margins go down they get a decrease. so they will realize they should make the best effort to increase profit margin so they will profit too.

in short a company's staff should be viewed as shareholders by the company.
edit on 30-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)





Let's say a company has 20 employees. They all make 8 bucks an hour. That is 17000k per year, about 5-6 over poverty level. That is a yearly payroll of 332800. Just payroll. That is not other costs. Now, if you give them a 2 dollar raise, that is 416000 to make payroll. That is 83,200 more dollars a year. How does the employer make that up? HOW? He cannot tax his employees. Healthcare costs are rising and so are employer taxes...Want to know what he does...he fires 4 people to cover the raises for the ones that are demanding it.Even if they may deserve it, do you see what you are asking for not only comes from the pocket of the small business owner but will lay more people off. and that is what the government and unions want. Government wants it for more contorl and unions want it for bargaining power to get money to then create jobs that are blamed on being lost by the evil business owner.

Add into this the decline for goods and services(sales in everything from fast food to Starbucks to Wal Mart are not up, they are down in this economy). So then the business owner takes another hit in his pocket or when sales are worse he has to let someone else go.

So, a simple give them a few bucks does not work in the real world. It will cause greater unemployment and more control to the unions and government over your own lifes.

edit on 30-8-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I am not saying I am for or against an increase in the minimum wage, but I want some people to think very carefully what they stand for.

The way you control a country and its people is through monetary policies.
Do you want to take the power away from the people of a country and hand it to the Neocon Globalists?
Create Trade Agreements, Open Borders and Tax Incentives to move offshore, Squash Unions and you take the monetary power away from the people and hand it to the globalists.

The average American's wages are decreasing and stagnating because of these globalists policies.
It fits right in with Agenda 21 and Sustainable Development.

Those Fast Food workers, in this SERVICE ECONOMY that we have been turned into, also employ older people, not just teens, because a lot of the traditional low skill blue collar jobs have been moved out of this country.

So what happens as we continue is those Fast Food and other low paid workers will be forced to pile into housing in the cities together (since the Banksters are keeping the Housing Market Inflated) with many others to curb costs and this works in line with the UN Agenda21 and Sustainable Development.

The way you control a country is through its monetary policy and the globalists with their Agenda21 are doing just that.



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by oblvion

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Economics 101 - Paying your workers below the poverty line because they are less than human and deserve nothing out of life, no matter how hard they work. Oh wait, that's just greed

Economics 101 - Paying your workers what the position is worth because it's an entry level job that isn't intended to support a family. Oh wait, that makes sense.
Seriously people ... go take an economics course. Paying a burger flipper the same as a degree'd chemist will set off a chain of inflation and will do the burger flipper no good. Instead, the burger flipper needs to learn new skills and/or get an education to raise him/her self out of the entry level job. Handing him money he hasn't earned in an entry level position will just teach him that he can get money that he doesn't deserve and that he doesn't have to work for a better job.


In your opinion they don't deserve a pay rise. In their opinion they do.
In your opinion the job isn't worth more. In their opinion it is.
I'll believe them because they're the ones doing the job, not me.

They're also probably of the opinion that you don't deserve the pay you get and that your job is overpaid. You opinion will be opposite. I'll believe you because you're the one doing the job, not me.

Opinions.

The fact is, all employees are important to the smooth running of any company - this is the only reason a company employs anyone, because there's a job that NEEDS to be done. If minimum wage earners were so unimportant to a company and not really needed, they wouldn't be hired at all.

This is what all minimum pay workers need to remember - they need to realise their company hires them because it NEEDS them, and not because it's doing them some half-arsed favour.


you make it sound like these minimum wage workers are slaves of some sort. That fact is, there job there doing is a contract between themselfs and there employer. The contract is, you work X amount of hours and produce X amount of product and ill pay you X amount of dollars. The employee doesn’t have to agree to these terms. They can walk away from the job offer and try somewhere else. Its a contract.


BS!!!!

There is literally nothing else in most of the economy...PERIOD!!!!!

They have to agree, or they can be social leeches, most dont want to be, so they take the crap work they can get, better than just sitting on their asses and soaking the public.

I know of many who can just sit on their butts, but instead choose to work, yet still cant make enough.

Any company making hundreds of millions, should not be relying on the public to feed them and their families, NOT EVER!!!!!

If a man works over 40 hours a week, at any job, he deserves to be able to have a home and food, the ultra rich, with way more than them or their next 6 sets of kids and grand kids and great great great grand kids dont deserve thousands of times more for doing absolutely nothing but being born owning a business, than the man actually making the money in the first place.

That is the way of the Monarchy, not the way of the American.

Kings deserve it all because their daddy was king.

Americans deserve the ability to work and aquire through LABOR, a decent living.

None of these palaces can exist at all, without the guy who cleans the toilet, who mows the grass, who cooks the meals...etc


All of these deserve a decent living, as all are equally important and required positions.


you entitle types. Dissevering jobs, homes, healthcare. ME ME ME. hahaha, you guys will never get it. its not your fault. Society raised you this way.



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Em2013
A burger at McDo is about $7 now. Just 2 or 3 years ago it was $3.50. The reason why I would bring my own food into an airport was because of their crazy prices in the states. But, that's exactly it, the overhead is too much these days. Obama mandates that $10 is the minimum wage across the country, obamacare costs an arm and a leg for corporations, and with increased taxes and regulations it comes to no surprise that everything costs more, not to mention how much money is being printed these days which makes a significant difference for multinational corporations.

I have no pitty on the staff that works there, they probably voted for the idiots that is causing them these issues. Is it really that hard to see that by raising wages like this would cause the company to get rid of some employees and overwork others?

Obamacare doesn't count contractors, it's only a matter of time before recruiting agencies send "contractors" from fast food chain to another until the inevitable robot staff replacement. Protesting your company is not going to resolve anything because they're not the ones that decide what your wage is worth.


Yet recently across the board company profits were at records high. So they are running a healthy profit margin. The more of that margin comes from saving on personell the worse it is for the economy.




Every one of us can be CEO's, managers, supervisors, the HIGH paid guy! just work hard and go to school


Meanwhile in the real world, the economy works more on a pyramid structure. It takes X numbers of employees at the bottom to have x numbers of managers supervisors and a CEO with a high pay. If everybody at the bottom would of a sudden have an higher degree five years from now, all it would do is bring prices down in the most popular fields of work and on top of that, job growth could never compensate to employ all these educated people.

Its a phenomenon that happened in Germany, where education is either very very cheap or free, except for very hard topics maybe, like Engineering.

Buissnesses need X numbers of workers at the bottom, or they simply can not run their buisness. Furthering an education can be a solution for the individual but if you look at all the hands we do need at the bottom and the fact that there wont be an opening for everyone if everyone were to get an education, then we must aknowledge that the companies looking to turn a profit need people serving burgers standing behind counters and whatnot and if they do work, they need to earn a wage they can live on.

Or we let it all play out and prices will have to come down.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Merinda because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs
 


Dont forget this: the 15%-20% in FICA, Med, and SS that the employee pays in, the employer pays in as well. So your $320k payroll is more like $384k



posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs
 

You talk about handouts galore....

Never mind where it is those same "handouts" end up.

This is like the old "Company Store" of the old days, the debt cannot be repaid, the plantation / farm owner is guaranteed to get his money back regardless of what happens.

The Peon can never escape the cycle because the peon has no idea he is in a cage of his own making.

It most definitely is not "Socialism" because that has never been allowed to exist in the history of the world, the term is used as an blerb, in the wrong context by too many.




top topics



 
24
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

log in

join