It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast-food walkout U.S. workers strike in several cities to call attention to low wages.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I dont eat at mcdonalds unless im drunk, so not very often. Yeah my iphone is cool, i like it. I bought my first smartphone a year and a half ago and im 28. Im willing to take a sacrifice to get to the point on this planet where people value human life and space exploration of corporate profits, any damn day of the week.

link   

Originally posted by filledcup
reply to post by neo96

large successful companies can pay their employees more without a problem. there is no need for a national minimum wage mandate ordering them to do so.

all they need is a little bit of human compassion. but they seem devoid of any such things and go to contribute to public charities for publicity. big bunch of fakes.

So what part of franchise operators are some people missing ?

That is small business THE LARGEST EMPLOYERS in this country.

Straight up it is not yours or anyone else' place to say what employers 'can afford' to pay.

Never has been, and not even the federal governments place to say.

link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Give me a break if you can't see how big business is bad.

Get out of here.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Those GD bloody evil corporations !

Right Off with their heads !

Er wait where's my job ?

Where my fiat currency ?

Where my iphone ?

Where's my Big Mac ?

Where's the Beef?

Come on, you know the top earners control the government. You would think that for as much as you despise government, you would also equally despise those who corrupt it.

It's not the guy flippin burgers at Burger King destroying your country....it's the wealthy. The guy at Burger King doesn't have enough money to buy off a politician.....Burger King does though.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by neo96

Contrary to the DOGMA in this thread every time people force business to increase their wages because that is what they want. That is not based on the work they performed.

They put millions of other people OUT OF WORK, and on WELFARE programs.

Really....how did we ever survive EVERY SINGLE MINIMUM WAGE INCREASE IN OUR NATIONS HISTORY?

My god, by your thinking this country should have been in complete ruin a 100 years ago.

You call 47% of Americans working part time, 50 million people on welfare, where 4 out of 5 people are near poverty with no prospect for work surviving ?

edit on 29-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Give me a break if you can't see how big business is bad.

Get out of here.

We aren't talking about big business here. We are talking about franchised locations having their workers going on strike for more money. This is a discussion about small business.

If you want to talk about the evils of big business, I am happy to join your new thread.
Because I rather dislike them as well.

But these small business operators that own/run fast food joints? They don't make much money (unless they own a whole bunch of them, which happens).

Point is, you are interjecting in this conversation with inflammatory rhetoric that may not actually have anything to do with the topic.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You call 47% of Americans working part time, 50 million people on welfare, where 4 out of 5 people are near poverty with no prospect for work a surviving ?

That has nothing to do with minimum wage.

If we cut minimum wage in half right now...do you honestly think employers would automatically DOUBLE their work force? Hell no they wouldn't. If anything, you would have an even worse economy as more people would have even less to spend....which means less money to buy the products that I or anyone else produces.

BUt on the other hand, raise minimum wage high enough so that people no longer are considered below the poverty line...they can no longer get the government assistance they previously needed.....helping the deficit in those programs and also getting those same people paying taxes again.

Straight up Neo....

If the wealthiest of this country don't start giving more now.....they won't be able to stave off the domino effect that is happening. The poorest class continues to grow....eventually those at the top will not be able to stop it.

"When the poor have nothing to eat, they will eat the rich"

edit on 29-8-2013 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by MikeNice81

Incorrect taxes will continue to increase, the price for things will continue to go up and everything will continue to go up no matter what they get paid or what anybody gets paid. It is what it is designed to do, in fact most do well jobs are often do nothing jobs, its all just a big scam all around. And in 60 plus years on the subject, what have the prices for goods and services gone down? Or better yet has it gone down in any of the years America has been around, or for that matter any time any society using currency has been around?
|
The answer is off course no. . .

Actually after the last economic crash prices were falling. QE actually reversed deflation and inflation jumped to over 4%. The market was correcting itself but the bankers and politicians intervened to stop that from happening. That is just one example. There was a bit of a scare about deflation when G.W Bush first came to office. I remember several articles asking how he would stop it.

As far as your CEO comments, I'm not going there. You obviously haven't run a business if you think all they do is sit on their arse all day. I will say that many are greedy and that they do buy influence to help their company or sector. That is a whole other thread.

I would love to see companies go back to profit sharing and stock programs for employees. I really do believe that companies should be more worried about their employees. I don't have all of the answers though. I never have claimed that.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Folks, franchise OWNERS get @ 30.00/hr

Do you realize this???

You think the employee is entitled to half of what THE OWNER makes???

ETA, I take that back.

With owners working twice as much, franchise owners MAKE 15.00 DOLLARS AN HOUR!
edit on 29-8-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

You see... when I read that, it doesn't make me think that the employees are wrong. It actually makes me think that the franchise owners should strike as well.

Realistically, franchise owners are middle management. I agree that they get paid next to nothing compared to what they invest but that doesn't mean their employees are wrong. I can promise you that the McDonalds empire can afford to cut some fees and dues towards the franchise owners.

I fully sympathize with the poor guys who own these grease traps, I really do. I think they are just as deserving of a raise as their employees.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

If the wealthiest of this country don't start giving more now.....they won't be able to stave off the domino effect that is happening. The poorest class continues to grow....eventually those at the top will not be able to stop it. "When the poor have nothing to eat, they will eat the rich

Sorry must have mistaken me for someone dumb enough to buy in to class warfare.

Moving on now.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
My viewpoint: before we talk about paying professional wages to McD's employees, I need to see professional service. It has been a LOOOOONG time since I have seen that.

Today you should dress for the job you want tomorrow, because your next interview has already begun.

What the funk are you talking about dude. Its a fast food joint...# for the money they get paid its just not even worth driving up there to work, in fact if you life far you would be in dept just by the fact that it would not cover the gas payment to get to work. And if you live far you either take the 5 hours to ride on your bike or the bus there or you will be in dept by the end of your shift just to cover the gas.

If anything they should all just stop going there, its amazing they even care enough to put anything in actually giving anybody service, but I suppose there is no choice. For that kind of money I would tell your fat ass to go in the back and get it yourself, as its not worth my effort to move that much, I don't get paid enough to buy the calories and energy it would waste in doing that. Now that would be a more accurate translation of what is actually going down in a majority of those places. No doubt they probably spit in your food as well.

I know I have worked all kinds of jobs, even my job now pay squat, but I stay because I like to witness the interplays going on its quite fascinating. Back stabbings, corporate dealings and scamming of employees, supposed promises of employes and franchise operators which were never paid out there bonuses, head honchos with friends in corporate writing checks under there names for unnecessary expanses, and now there is court scheming back and forth. Its literally a soap opera and you would never know it but from up close the whole thing is parasites scheming against other parasites. In essence the whole thing is only proped up by the fact there is a market for the business they do, you know the actuall day to day grind and work. It was edging on falling apart for a long while. Now I dont think this company it will not exist come next year.

Yet the business is still there, somebody needs to do it as the market and demand is there and will always be, for I estimated somewhere around a few hundred or thousand years though not in the capacity or exact model and way. So ya somebody else will take over and things will be back to normal.
And the funniness will continue.
edit on 29-8-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: accurate miss spelled

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, if there is anyone who isn't guilty of class warfare, it is you my friend!!!

Almost fell out of my chair on that one!
edit on 29-8-2013 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
What the funk are you talking about dude. Its a fast food joint...# for the money they get paid its just not even worth driving up there to work, in fact if you life far you would be in dept just by the fact that it would not cover the gas payment to get to work. And if you live far you either take the 5 hours to ride on your bike or the bus there or you will be in dept by the end of your shift just to cover the gas.

Remember how i said "minimum wage employees tend to earn minimum wage for a reason"? Yeah....if you make a long commute to work fast food....you might lack the insight to do a whole lot more. Unless you live in Detriot and that is all the work that is available.

If anything they should all just stop going there, its amazing they even care enough to put anything in actually giving anybody service, but I suppose there is no choice. For that kind of money I would tell your fat ass to go in the back and get it yourself, as its not worth my effort to move that much, I don't get paid enough to buy the calories and energy it would waste in doing that. Now that would be a more curate translation of what is actually going down in a majority of those places. No doubt they probably spit in your food as well.

You "go there" so you can learn how to be employed. How to service others. To build a resume so you can move onwards and upwards. If your retirement plan includes a check from Taco Bell, you might not have enough insight to achieve a whole lot more.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

you know what the scare was.. here's what the scare was..

"oh my God if we dont stop this now the working class will gain a sense of value for themselves. we wont have anymore poor ppl to look down on and force to work crappy jobs for even crappier pay. regular ppl are going to accumulate SAVINGS in their bank account. we've got to stop this now!"

that's what the scare was.
edit on 29-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

f the wealthiest of this country don't start giving more now.....they won't be able to stave off the domino effect that is happening. The poorest class continues to grow....eventually those at the top will not be able to stop it. "When the poor have nothing to eat, they will eat the rich

Don't recall saying anything remotely like this.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by doobydoll

Not everyone on the planet wants a career job, it shouldn't mean they don't deserve a wage they can live on.

I guess thats the Difference between the UK and USA. Here you don’t deserve anything. You must work for it, no handouts. The country was founded on the pursuit of happiness. Not the handout of happiness.

Why do you deserve anything? just because your born?

Yes, the magnificent US. Where you spend 5 years and $45,000 getting a degree that won't get you a job despite your hard work ethic because you have no experience in the field beyond having a degree.

So you get a job at the only place you can which pays garbage wages and can't live off of. All to be hassled by ignorant buffoons like yourself who have never had a problem getting a job because they have the work experience because they're not young and they think everything is exactly the same for younger people now as it was in the time that they grew up in.

Your ignorance is repulsive.
edit on 29-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

That really loses your credibility imo.

The only thing keeping the world from real class warfare is the fake wars and fake racism that's fueled by the elite themselves.

""World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones""

Einstein's statement will probably come true no matter what.
The poor will overthrow the rich parasites with sticks and stones one day.
edit on 29-8-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

ya they got suckered into the dream when in reality it is a nightmare barely worth it and only stick around because they don't have the funds to get out. In a ways its like everything else, merely a sales pitch. You know those commercials on the TV were its all nice a clean, the hot lady employee comes up to you giving you a big smile and passes you that delicious looking full burger with crisp lettuce and big fluffy buns.

Ya! its exactly that. There selling a product, which is what a great percentage of America is about. Selling a product, but to be fair its what every other country and place is about also, from government to school to business to less obvious things. Dorthy is not the only one who made it to the emerald palace and seen behind the smoke and mirrors and kept saying to herself over and over "there's no place like home, there's no place like home." Ever since the in vention of higher tech into our societies and models its only got worse as human kinds ability to create illusions far outreaches its actual functionality and grasp. Though that same tech has allowed us to see things on a more broader view. In truth things were pretty much the same, people however did not have the capacity to see them. But now they get a glimmer of it. And so it goes. Its going to be a brave new world eventually when things really pick up.

edit on 29-8-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Credibility is just fine. Don't go around saying 'oppressed' people should go eat their manufactured villains.

Second verse same as the first verse with the third verse saying:

Quote it.
edit on 29-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by beezzer
Folks, franchise OWNERS get @ 30.00/hr

Do you realize this???

You think the employee is entitled to half of what THE OWNER makes???

ETA, I take that back.

With owners working twice as much, franchise owners MAKE 15.00 DOLLARS AN HOUR!
edit on 29-8-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

You see... when I read that, it doesn't make me think that the employees are wrong. It actually makes me think that the franchise owners should strike as well.

Realistically, franchise owners are middle management. I agree that they get paid next to nothing compared to what they invest but that doesn't mean their employees are wrong. I can promise you that the McDonalds empire can afford to cut some fees and dues towards the franchise owners.

I fully sympathize with the poor guys who own these grease traps, I really do. I think they are just as deserving of a raise as their employees.

100% correct. I looked into buying a Tim Hortons franchise in Canada because they are all over the place and it seems like the franchise owners must be making some good money...

Nope. You end up with less than 20% of your store's profits, you pay for the building and all of the supplies but legally own none of them, you're responsible for employee wages, saftey compliancy, any repairs or servicing needed on machinery or equipment... it's ludicrous.

Being a franchisee for these giant publically-owned corporation is essentially taking more than a million dollars out of your pocket to give them your permission to be their slave for the next 40 years just to pay off your initial investment. And at the end of it, you essentially own nothing.
edit on 29-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join