It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arafat's Timeline of Terror, the father of modern terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yasir Arafat's Timeline of Terror

Members of the media are focusing much attention on Yasir Arafat's legacy. Many of the historical briefs and timelines being published whitewash his decades-long involvement in terrorism. While they note that Arafat led Fatah and the PLO, the terrorist acts committed by these groups are often ignored.

For example, a Nov. 4 AP timeline, reproduced in the publications and Web sites of many different media outlets, lists only one failed act of sabotage in 1965, 3 suicide bombings in December of 2001 and one in 2002.

In fact, groups under Arafat's direct or indirect command � including Fatah, Black September, Tanzim and Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade � were responsible for hundreds of bombings, hijackings, assassinations and other attacks, including the 1972 murder of 11 of Israel's Olympic athletes in Munich, the 1973 murder of the American ambassador to Sudan, Cleo Noel, and the 1985 hijacking of the Achille Lauro cruiseship (resulting in the murder of wheelchair-bound Leon Klinghoffer).

The AP timeline instead highlights Israel's anti-PLO actions without providing the reason � decades of terrorist attacks against innocent civilians. Not only is the PLO's history of international hijackings, kidnappings and child murders ignored, the terrorist organization and Arafat's leadership of it are actually praised:

Feb. 4, 1969: Arafat takes over PLO chairmanship, transforms it into a dynamic force that makes Palestinian cause known worldwide.

A Knight-Ridder/Tribune timeline of Arafat's life that appeared in Newsday only mentions terror once, in 2001: �Blamed for not controlling terrorist attacks on Israel by Hamas, other radicals.� Typical of many of the flawed timelines, it implies only that Arafat failed to control terror, not that he was actively involved in funding and supporting it.

In order to report on Arafat's history objectively, one must include his decades-long involvement in terror, his goal of destroying Israel, and his siphoning of hundreds of millions of dollars from money donated to help the Palestinian people that went instead into his own private accounts.

Yasir Arafat is known to many as the �father of modern terrorism.� Below is a timeline of some of the key events of his life and terrorist acts with which he was associated. (prepared by www.camera.org)

Key Events in Yasir Arafat's Terrorist Career

� Aug 4, 1929: Arafat born in Cairo. Muhammad Abdel Rahman Abdel Rauf al-Qudwa al-Husseini is fifth child of prosperous merchant, Abdel Raouf al-Qudwa al-Husseini.

� 1933: Arafat's mother dies. He and his infant brother are sent to live with uncle in Jerusalem.

� Late 1950's: Arafat co-founds Fatah, the �Movement for the National Liberation of Palestine.�

� Jan. 1, 1965: Fatah fails in its first attempted attack within Israel � the bombing of the National Water Carrier.

� July 5, 1965: A Fatah cell plants explosives at Mitzpe Massua, near Beit Guvrin; and on the railroad tracks to Jerusalem near Kafr Battir.

more (long, VERY long) :
www.camera.org...

[edit on 12-11-2004 by MattMarriott]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Link it, then downsize your 'copy-n-paste' job please before another mod (including me) decides to slam a 'copy-n-paste' warn on ya.

Thank you.

seekerof

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You know, that guy won the Nobel Peace Prize....

What does that say about the prize. It makes me sick that people are honoring this man.

Lets look objectively.

I don't do this often, but Bill Clinton did do something very good in his presidency. He sat down with Isreal at Camp David, and came up with a plan to give Arafat EXACTLY what he said he wanted. His Own Palistinean State. After all, that was what they claimed they were looking for, and why they were at war with Isreal right?

WRONG. He rejected it. He rejected exactly what he wanted. Why? Because he really didn't want that. He wanted to have a state yes, but only if it was on the ruins of a jewish state. His HATRED (Nobel Peace Prize Type Hatred) made him refuse the offer. The real reason he was fighting Isreal is because he hated Jewish People. He wanted to destroy them. He wanted their land, because he wanted to kill.

That is sickning...and he won a peace prize......FREEKING AMAZING!

[edit on 11/12/2004 by Seapeople]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Why? Because he really didn't want that. He wanted to have a state yes, but only if it was on the ruins of a jewish state.

What's even more amazing is that he's publicly stated this for quite some time, and has never wavered from it...yet people thought they could deal with him. The world is a better place with the father of modern terrorism in the ground.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I took Arafat's winning the Nobel Peace Prize as a further sign if the apocalypse.

The world should be celabrating that evil butcher's demise.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ouizel
I took Arafat's winning the Nobel Peace Prize as a further sign if the apocalypse.

For some reason Arafat was transported to Paris to be euthanised, as americans were taking the mark of the beast, 2. November 2004 ... to keep the celebrations of the satanic trilogy going on ...
The obvious about the the ultimate trilogy, celebrating the (false) victory of satan

The first - Ultimate Satanic Celebration at St. Peter's Square, Vatican : (almost) perfect 04/10/03
The second - European UNION - constitution SEALED in Giulio Cesare hall, Rome : 04/10/29
the third - Halloween 2004 - last hours before almost all Americans accept to carry the mark

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I love when a palestinian lover talks about Arafat and those poor Palestinians, never mention the BILLIONS Arafat had hidden away, or how the Palestinians attack and kill women and children while Israel attacks and kills terrorists. It's always, "Those poor palestinians, doing whatever they can to fight those god damn dirty mofo jews! Kill the jews! Kill them all!" Never do you hear. "Wait, a school bus is blown up, killing 14 children, so israel killed the guy who planned it, why are you mad at Israel?"

It bull, almost as bad as the bu# we got everyday about Saddam and WMDs.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
There's not much left for me to say other then I agree with all of you. Of course I agree, how could you not agree with the facts. I am sure there are some Arafat lovers on these forums. I have seen them before but they are being unusually quiet. Maybe because they are denying ignorance and finally seeing the facts that Arafat is the father of modern terrorism!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Arafat was honoured with the Nobel Peace Prize. He must have been doing something right.

Does not a people have a right to defend their land? How else do you expect a Country to defend itself if it does not have access to conventional methods of defence?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
How else do you expect a Country to defend itself if it does not have access to conventional methods of defence?

Palestine isnt a country...

Anyway here is an interesting read:

www.palestinefacts.org...

The relatively unrestricted access to land in Israel is in sharp contrast with Arab policies. During the 1948-1967 Jordanian occupation of Judea and Samaria (the West Bank), for example, Jews were forbidden to live there under pain of death. In 1973, under the direct instructions of King Hussein, the government of Jordan passed the Law for Preventing the Sale of Immoveable Property to the Enemy. The "enemy" defined in Article 2 as:

... any man or judicial body [corporation] of Israeli citizenship living in Israel or acting on its behalf.

This law, or equivalent, continued in effect under the Palestinian Authority (PA). By 1997, 172 people had been sentenced to death under this law, although "only" about 10 have been executed. The law is invalid under the Oslo II agreement and is one of the many violations of the Oslo peace process agreements by the PA. Palestinian land dealers in PA controlled areas have been murdered as "collaborators", a practice that was publically condoned by Yasser Arafat.

In 1995, following the peace treaty between Israel and Jordan, the Jordanian Parliament repealed the 1973 law and replaced it with milder statutes that still effectively bar Israelis from purchasing or leasing land in Jordan.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Does not a people have a right to defend their land? How else do you expect a Country to defend itself if it does not have access to conventional methods of defence?

There is NO excuse for terrorism...period. IF it (Palestine) was a country, I'd expect it to defend itself the way ALL civilized nations do when faced with a militarily superior foe...through negotiation. But these animals can't ever do that without one of their number going nuts and blowing up some kids just to derail the process. The deliberate targetting of innocents is NOT a valid tactic no matter how dire your situation.

They could have had a nation...Arafat said no...the Palestinians can thank him for that.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yasser Arafat....was a bloodthirsty,terrorist who sent others, to do his killing and sacrafice thier lives for his beliefs, because he lacked the courage to do it himself.
He has openly claimed responsibility for the murder of the Israeli athletes at the 1972 Summer Olympic Games in Munich,Germany as well as the slaughter of countless, innocent, women, children and civilians and many other atrocities, all in the name of his cause.
A "soldier" will face an armed peer across a battlefield and engage in war.
A coward will instruct a lesser man to strap explosives to his body or use automatic weapons to massacre the unarmed and innocent, in order to force the goverment to concede to his will through fear. In my opinion, there is no honor in this. A professional soldier is prepared, if nessasary, to give his life, for what he believes in. A child is not. More often than not, the innocent where the ones who felt Arafats wrath.
To honor this man with The Nobel Peace Prize is, in my opinion, a travesty of what this award should stand for.
My only regret in regards to this animals death, is that he will be replaced by someone, who may in fact, be even more ruthless than he was.
May he burn in Hell for eternity. -j

top topics

join