It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan: An Individual Soldiers' Perspective-Part 1

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm
reply to post by TDawgRex

Did I say OpSec violation?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
reply to post by NeoParadigm

They have been using them since the Russian invasion so again you are wrong.

Give it up. Read what I said. Did they use them when they were IN CONTROL of the country. All you did was point out another invader that froced them to use these techniques.

The Taliban did use IED's against the Northern Alliance. They used one to assassinate a key leader the week before 9/11 as a matter of fact.

They hid it in a camera.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I can gaurantee you that most of his collegues will frown upon the fact that he is spilling his guts here.

It's embarassing.

Lol I think you should be embarrassed. Beating the same old drum of "down with merika" tune. Your video game knowledge is pitiful. You sound like the millions of other arm chair warriors who barely is aware of the realities of the world beyond their city block.

I would suggest your inability to take value from this perspective is a indication of your ignorance and you veil this by preaching some morality based bs.

You are derailing this thread instead of contributing.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

No need to try and explain things to him he will edit his post and then say "did I say that"

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

They use it in combat. If there are no invaders they don't use it. Is it such a hard concept?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

IED hit a civilian vehicle wounding this little girl to the point where she had damage to her face from shrapnel and had her leg severely damaged in the blast, which led to it being amputated. It was a remote detonated device. Meaning someone had control of it and knew what they were doing.

Yes it sux, and I have buddies who are all messed up from being in the military due to the depleted uranium in the air/bullets, and one killed himself.

The million dollar question, however, is: Who is supplying these "bad guys" with the explosives, training, tech to make and blow up these ieds? Is it a proxy war? Is the pentagram, I mean pentagon, supplying the other side?

So much evidence behind Hussein and Bin Laden shows that US was originally supplying them with weapons, finances, training, etc.....

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BaneOfQuo

Lol I think you should be embarrassed. Beating the same old drum of "down with merika" tune.

What????

Really you people are completely delirious.

I don't expect you to grasp what the problem is with the OP because you are obviously a rabid lemming.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
First of all I have family currently serving in the military, I understand the position you all are put in, so for that I thank you for your service

The problem with these discussions is that there is a big fat elephant in the room, and some people try to pretend its not there. The elephant is the fact that the US no longer has the moral high ground. Drone strikes kill just as many innocents and children as do ied's, hell we have even taken out a sixteen year old American.

So my question to you is, if you are an honorable soldier at what point do you lay down your firearm and refuse an unconstitutional order? Would you go into Syria if ordered?

I would venture to guess that bucking the system, refusing an unconstitutional order would be more difficult than being on the front lines with bullets whizzing by your head.

Difficult times soldier, difficult times.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

In Afghanistan it is often the Pakistani Intel organizations such as the ISI or the Iranian Revolutionary Guards that supply the material and training. But I am also sure that the west has as well since the tribes switch allegiances so often.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

BTW, I like how you included that insult at the end of a post that shares the same sentiment with my posts.
edit on 29-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The SAS and SBS show the Taliban respect,they might be on the wrong side to us but in 2001 at Tora Bora our finest warriors met them at close quarters and found them not lacking in fighting spirit!

How about when they overrun that prison early on during the occupation with their hands clasped behind their backs they tore chunks out of the guards and the CIA handlers throats there before my countries war hounds got elevated and put down a lot of rounds

Getting confused when so many brothers across the pond on this forum portray the Taliban as cowardly bomb makers who kill from distance..........
When apache fighters kill from further,and grunts call in air suport.........
And.....drones kill them from Nevada! Now that's realy taking the piss

9/11 was nothing to do with Bin Laden,the man who the USA has charged said he mentioned this to him but he wanted nothing to do with it

The hijackers came from Saudi Arabia

The Taliban offered to give up bin laden if the USA gave them the evidence,but they had none

Just WTF are you doing there?

Seriously what you doing there? Opium trade that nearly vanished with the Taliban in charge is now flourishing and you have out sourced all the patrols to the poor afganistan people desperate for money who now die in high numbers but the media won't report it

There is no reason for you to be there,and never was-and if the Taliban had the same air suport and war machine your country has and invaded and crippled your military I'm damm sure you would be fighting them in your country like they do

I would go so far to say you would also target any Americans who are seen to help them

I'm sorry dude,you seem an ok guy but your doing the wrong thing with your life and that's because the Saudis have played you all like fools-your all better than that,wake up

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Bahahaha thank you for confirming my speculation. You are right, I must have difficulty comprehending your ignorant, false morality and bleeding heart arguments.

You may want to put on some big boy pants as the world isn't all love and sunshine. All I see is a disrespectful individual attacking people.

Come off your pedestal because your not as smart or as moral as you are trying to sound.

edit on 29-8-2013 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well Alrightythen, I suppose if one finds one's self in it one must find some way to justify what they are doing...

I was ordered to kill anyone not wearing the same uniform as me, that's a pretty broad range of targets, and I followed orders until I got back to Bragg.

And promptly got myself the hell out of the military any way I could.

There is no honor in military service, just ignorant people who find themselves in a bad situation through bad decisions and limited options, it has not a damned thing to do with defending a goddamned thing honorable or resembling anything honorable.

I'm sorry, I mean no offense, but no matter how wrong you think someone else may be, you are still not right...

WHATEVER, # like this just pisses me off.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
S&F
From one soldier to another, embrace the suck bro.
Stay strong and come back safe, those cowards will are facing their toughest challenge yet, not even Russia lasted this long.
to the ignorance that posted the video of a van being shot up, at the time it was assumed their were more enemy combatants coming in to pick up the remains, at the time, know where did they know it was civies with children coming to help, I read the dissertation and know about the event that went down, after which it was found out, those two children both survived due to medical attention by US soldiers, how about that?
IEDs are such a cowardly thing, damn it really gets to me, hiding and skulking around in the night planting them....some would say, smart, others like me would say cowards, it can go both ways.
Anyways....
They got a nice defac over there? that soul food Thursday...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BaneOfQuo

You have a lot of nerve to accuse anyone of being disrespectful little fella.

Now get out of your mommy's room and quit using her computer.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Never mind.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join