It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goddess Worship And The Babel Religions

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

"The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." (John 1:5)

That is why you only seek to pervert my words, instead of making any attempt to understand them.
You take any truth that is shared with you on all threads you participate in and twist and distort them to create your corrupted arguments.

Besides the lingering hope that there may still be one last person who is genuinely seeking truth, I suppose the other reason I keep returning to this site, is the simple fact that I simply cannot wrap my brain around the fact that there are people who willfully choose to believe, and invest copious amounts of time defending, the insidious lies of their own Enemy who seeks to destroy them.

I have no interest in circular arguments that produce nothing but wasted time that could be spend with others who are genuinely seeking to understand God.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Irenaeus (130-200) argued not only against the Gnostic teaching of two Gods, but even more against Greek philosophy which taught that matter had pre-existed and that God became the divine architect as he ordered this "pre-existent" matter.
Irenaeus argued that "[t]here was no preexistent matter; everything required to be created out of nothing"

By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God's command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen. (Hebrews 11:3)

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, their starry host by the breath of His mouth. (Psalm 33:6)

For He spoke, and it came to be; He commanded, and it stood firm. (Psalm 33:9)

Let every created thing give praise to the LORD, for He issued His command, and they came into being. (Psalm 148:5)

All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. (John 1:3)

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is BEFORE all things, and in Him all things hold together. (Col 1:16)

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

Only we have a beginning, God does not.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

I haven't perverted you words. I just don't believe in your God. I can still be a truth seeker, and seek God, and reject your version of God, and I do.

reply to post by WashMoreFeet

I couldn't care less what Irenaeus taught. As far as I'm concerned he and other early church fathers were corrupt and self serving. The Gnostics are more aligned with the teachings of Jesus than the Catholic Church.

The first Christians were called Nazarenes, like Jesus, who was a Nazarene of the Nazarene sect of the Essenes, who were of Gnostic persuasion.

ESSENES OF MOUNT CARMEL

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormson

Originally posted by WashMoreFeet
reply to post by Klassified

Because you knew Truth and chose to walk away from it, doesn't render it any less true. God is still God. The same today, yesterday and tomorrow. It is you who changed, not Him.

so the law of the old testament is still in effect? if your god does not change, then why would he make 617 laws, then discard them?

His Law is still the same.

It is the covenants that have changed. Covenants are based upon conditions. When one of the parties under covenant agreement fail to uphold their end of the agreement conditions, then that covenant is rendered null.

God has always upheld His end of the bargain. It is men who fail to uphold theirs.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join