It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Looks Like A Re-Run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
29th August 2013 UK Parliament re-called

JIC report published.

www.gov.uk...

24th September 2002 UK Parliament re-called

JIC report published

en.wikipedia.org...

Result, War In Iraq

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

No its totally different

the Iraq Dosser was not released by the JIC it was based on multiple sources that Alister Darling then "Sexed up" to make the case for war stronger. The reasons behind any attack against Syria are totally different and there is more support for action against Syria and lastly.

We actually know that Syria has WMD

really the two are nothing alike, Syria is probably going to be a very limited conflict, it will be more like Libya than Iraq.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

No its totally different

the Iraq Dosser was not released by the JIC it was based on multiple sources that Alister Darling then "Sexed up" to make the case for war stronger. The reasons behind any attack against Syria are totally different and there is more support for action against Syria and lastly.

We actually know that Syria has WMD

really the two are nothing alike, Syria is probably going to be a very limited conflict, it will be more like Libya than Iraq.

The dossier i have linked is "The September Dossier" if you bother to read it.

2nd

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Regardless its still not a re-run

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Regardless its still not a re-run

You appear to be missing the point entirely.

On both occasions of Parliament being recalled JIC reports have been published on the same day.
The purpose being to swing the vote by MP's in favour of military action.
There you have the "Re-run" Is that not obvious to you?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Dude,

Syria and Iraq, two totally different issues.

its that simple

if this were any other country the same thing would happen JIC release a report (already a thread on this by the way) and Parliament recalled for a debate. Its not a "re-run" its just how parliament in the UK works.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You are joking right ?

Syria will be nothing like Libya, and has the potential to be far worse then Iraq.

You obviously do not know much about Syria and her Russian/Iranian Air defenses for one, let alone the nightmarish asymmetrical war that would unfold and escalate.

Syria is the capital of the middle east, Syria and her friends won't go down without a fight, and a western attack will set the whole region on fire.

Syria and Libya are like chalk and cheese.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

This is the second time i have had to say this on threads about Syria

What gives with the patronizing tone

Yes it will be a limited conflict more like Libya than Iraq, there is not going to be any huge ground invasion because neither side wants that.

At this point all the international community wants to do is limit and deter Assad's ability to use chemical weapons.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I may be mistaking...

The chemical attack came after the ultimatum.

Where did the suspicion of a chemical attack originate?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

At this point all the international community wants to do is limit and deter Assad's ability to use chemical weapons.

If you truly believe that, then you must be naive.

Yes it will be a limited conflict more like Libya than Iraq, there is not going to be any huge ground invasion because neither side wants that.

I fail to see how you think it will be limited, this is Syria, airstrikes alone will do nothing, and this Syria western intervention is all about the oil mafia getting there pipelines, and Israel smashing the capital of the middle east.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

If you truly believe that, then you must be naive.

I think its quite telling that you believe that if i have a different view from you then it could only be because i am "Naive", i mean it couldn't possibly be that I have become pretty well read up on the Syrian Civil war and i have arrived at a balanced educated view on what has happened, could it?

No, I disagree with your take on it so you resort to patronizing insults.

you know it is possible to disagree in a civil way.

the issue at the hear of this thread is the OP's assertion that Syria is going to be a re-run of Iraq,

quite simply its not for a whole load of reasons

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Wow you're a bit sensitive, relax, its nothing personnel.

the issue at the hear of this thread is the OP's assertion that Syria is going to be a re-run of Iraq

I happen to think the OP could be right, and Syria has the potential to be worse then Iraq.

And if you are as well informed about Syria as you claim, then you would of never said

Syria is probably going to be a very limited conflict, it will be more like Libya than Iraq.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And if you are as well informed about Syria as you claim, then you would of never said

Syria is probably going to be a very limited conflict, it will be more like Libya than Iraq.

Yes, yes i would because thats probably whats going to happen

just because we might disagree does not make me ignorant of what is going on in Syria, I have researched written about Syria extensively on ATS (as you have) and elsewhere.

My knowledge of Syria leads me to believe that right now that for Syria to be worse than Iraq we would need to see a full NATO invasion of Syria with ground forces and just now that is not on the cards, as such it cannot be any worse than Iraq in my view.

If we have both reached a different conclusion as to how this will play out that's fine, I can both respect and understand your view I only ask that you show me the same courtesy
edit on 29-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If we was in the pub, i buy you a beer, and put a friendly fiver on the table, to see were we stand in 6 mths on who got it right.

My knowledge of Syria leads me to believe that right now that for Syria to be worse than Iraq we would need to see a full NATO invasion of Syria with ground forces and just now that is not on the cards, as such it cannot be any worse than Iraq in my view.

For me, its more about the neighbouring regions and the spreading of the conflict, and the fact there are so many different dangerous scenarios that could unfold.

The UK and the US would never put ground troops down in Syria, its logistically to risky in the age of modern warfare, and even a UN peacekeeping taskforce would be to risky, it would have to be fellow Arab nations to do the ground work, but this is were the whole region could erupt.

new topics

top topics

join