It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you ever experienced " foreshadowing " in real life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Foreshadowing is a literary way to anticipate plots in books or movies, by evidencing an object or event.

But, can it happen in real life too? Do you know something about it?
Can life events foreshadow what happens next?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I'm a smoker.... if I get cancer and die from it....

Foreshadowing.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

lol Cute.

To the OP: Yep, you sure can. Foreshadowing, however, doesn't necessarily require some knowledge gleaned from an unseen source. Just like in the plot of a book, foreshadowing has to make sense in its context to be an effective indicator of the future. So really, anyone can, through the context of their own lives and experiences, experience foreshadowing of a future event. I have experienced a foreshadowing event that was spot on but it didn't take any preternatural knowledge. It just took knowing when I was being lied to without having any choice to move forward on that predetermined path and being smart enough to know that it was going to be a hell of a ride. Out of the pan and into the fire. I was right.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Life is a pattern. A circular one. you don't realise this when young .I certainly didn't!
Then we have foreshadowing in dreams,I have dreamed a lot of places I have later lived.
Odd.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Foreshadowing?

Are you sure you dont mean allowing your subconcious to extrapolate a series of possible effects from the causatives you may have just witnessed, and then discarding all but the most likely to give you a split second advantage when it comes to things like dodging a blow that was meant for your face, or stepping to the side just as someone spills thier drink?

Pretty posh word for having your eyes open, and possessing a functional brain if you ask me, and I am all about verbosity!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Hmmm, I actually think it's a pretty good word for that moment of insight when you see the path laying out before you through context and experience. The alternatives suffer a little from associations with almost a sense of clairvoyance such as premonition or presage. Foreshadowing rather loses that taint.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I get feelings that warn me of bad things to come.... I've learned to absolutely listen to these vibes.
Is it foreshadowing or listening to your instincts??

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LILY9

Exactly. Life is entirely about cycles of patterns. I've spent months researching it. I came to the conclusion that there is some weird but significant " math of patterns " behind it all.
Every date is connected to the date 1 year and 19 days before and after the date.
Also, dates with a distance of 64 days and 119 days are connected.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Follow your instincts and gut feelings.
2nd line

new topics

top topics

join