It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: Russia 'Sending Warships To The Med'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Syria: Russia 'Sending Warships To The Med'

news.sky.com

Russia is sending an anti-submarine ship and a missile cruiser to the Mediterranean, according to Russian news agency Interfax.

An armed forces source reportedly said the planned deployment was in response to the "well-known situation" - a clear reference to the conflict in Syria.

The navy has denied the deployment is linked to events in Syria, saying it is part of a planned rotation of its ships in the Mediterranean.

Russia is strongly against any military intervention in Syria, with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov believing it would seriously destabilise the region.

Mr L
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
OMG

If you were not concerned before you should be now !!

This may turn into all out war "WW3" without been to dramatic. Only a few months ago we were ready to bomb North Korea and now this. Assad is proving a formidable opponent for the western war mongers and will not go down without a fight.

We have had a U turn in the UK which is largely down to the fact that we know our government is full of S*** and a all out war is not washing with the UK public.

Me thinks this will calm down in a few weeks like North Korea, but I will prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

news.sky.com
edit on 29-8-2013 by judus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Why are these always the same. There is no way no how Russia or China would ever get into a war with the US over any piss ant country like Syria, especially when the world is not happy with Syria at the moment. Every time its the same thing. When will you guys learn? Russia is a has been and has so little power left, they have to make an act of "defying" the mighty west once in a while so people dont forget about them.

China and Russia will sell over priced antiquated weapons to these guys of coarse, but they will never do more than that, and abuse their veto in the UN. That is why they do it every single time, its all they can do, or will do. I find it funny that people actually think either of these 2 cares about any other countries, when they treat their own people like worthless slaves and property.

Will there be conflict? Yep. But I can guaranty the only way WW3 will come about is when its truly down to the wire, end times, no resources left nothing to lose scenario.

edit on 29-8-2013 by Wiz4769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

U.s has no money at all and our market is terrible. Gols and oil are the issues. Jobs are difficult to get and the american public are disappointed. We already have no resources and the repercussion of the 2008 market crash is still not over

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

Russia sending warships to the Mediterranean: report

Russia will "over the next few days" be sending an anti-submarine ship and a missile cruiser to the Mediterranean as the West prepares for possible strikes against Syria, the Interfax news agency said on Thursday.

"The well-known situation shaping up in the eastern Mediterranean called for certain corrections to the make-up of the naval forces," a source in the Russian General Staff told Interfax.

"A large anti-submarine ship of the Northern Fleet will join them (the existing naval forces) over the next few days.

"Later it will be joined by the Moskva, a rocket cruiser of the Black Sea Fleet which is now wrapping up its tasks in the northern Atlantic and will soon begin a Transatlantic voyage towards the Strait of Gibraltar."

In addition, a rocket cruiser of the Pacific Fleet, the Varyag, will join the Russian naval forces in the Mediterranean this autumn by replacing a large anti-submarine ship.

The important part -

However, the state-run RIA Novosti news agency cited a high-ranking representative of the naval command who said the changes to the country's forces in the region were not linked to the current tensions over Syria and called them "a planned rotation."

Russia has a legitimate interest in protecting its assets that are in port in Tartus. Assad is still in control of the government, and that government has an agreement with Russia. Russia has every right to freely navigate international waters and observe US vessels in International waters. They also have a valid interest in protecting their assets should hostilities break out.

Just because the West does not attack Russian targets does not mean rebels / other groups wont attack Russian targets if hostilities break out.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769
Why are these always the same. There is no way no how Russia or China would ever get into a war with the US over any piss ant country like Syria,

If you replace your word Syria with Serbia and think back one hundred years....................

Wars where millions die sometimes begin over "piss ant countries" like Syria

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I already posted this.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

However, the state-run RIA Novosti news agency cited a high-ranking representative of the naval command who said the changes to the country's forces in the region were not linked to the current tensions over Syria and called them "a planned rotation."

Of course they arent linked we all know its linked.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Why are these always the same. There is no way no how Russia or China would ever get into a war with the US over any piss ant country like Syria, especially when the world is not happy with Syria at the moment. Every time its the same thing. When will you guys learn?

Ur an idiot...and I don't need to explain why.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by judus

OMG

This may turn into all out war "WW3" without been to dramatic. Only a few months ago we were ready to bomb North Korea and now this. Assad is proving a formidable opponent for the western war mongers and will not go down without a fight.

We have had a U turn in the UK which is largely down to the fact that we know our government is full of S*** and a all out war is not washing with the UK public.

Me thinks this will calm down in a few weeks like North Korea, but I will prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

news.sky.com

yes uk gov are full of #.
i mean what could we do without usa? we are advised that if argies occupy faulklands we wont get them back.
the west are schitzos.
on one hand they try to say they have a moral duty to protect?on the other they torture , imprison ,murder by drone.
what is the difference between those children in Syria who died in an alleged gas attack and those killed by usa drones?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Why are these always the same. There is no way no how Russia or China would ever get into a war with the US over any piss ant country like Syria, especially when the world is not happy with Syria at the moment. Every time its the same thing. When will you guys learn?

Actually you do since his post is correct, and supported by comments from Russia and China.

ATS Thread - Breaking: Russia says 'won't intervene' if Syria attacked
edit on 29-8-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by judus

OMG

I wasn't, I'm not.

Really? Ships that couldn't offer resistance if they wanted to is going to turn into WW3?

news.sky.com

It was never proposed as an all out war. More like obtaining air superiority and limited strikes, no boots on ground. An argument between 2 year olds is more likely to lead to WW3 than this.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

You mean you can't explain why, because you're wrong, he's right.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

So your going straight for attack the messenger and not the post, good start...Its like starting a debate with your a racist from the get go....

Now on to the thread subject..I think everyone can now see that Russia is just getting their name in the story and protecting its own interest in the region only. Sorry to ruin the doom, but there will not be a throw down between Russia and the US over this.

top topics

join