It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Inteligance Report on Syria Confirms Assad used Chemical Weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

From the link:

The JIC has therefore concluded that there are no plausible alternative scenarios to regime responsibility.

Sounds like their evidence is based on 'absence of evidence'. There is nothing in this letter to make me believe with any amount of certainty that the attacks were perpetrated by Assad and his forces. Whomever launched those chemical attacks should be brought the justice, but I think the world should make damn sure who is responsible before launching any military action against Syria. A single US missile launched into Syria could erupt the entire region into a war like we've never seen.

I don't understand why is "the rebels launched the attack" scenario not plausible ? Because it doesn't fit in the agenda ? Or are they going to claim that the Al-Qaeda infested rebel army don't have such weapons or what?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I don't understand why is "the rebels launched the attack" scenario not plausible ?

Now i am not saying i agree with this but

there is a view that the Rebels do no actually have the capabilities to have conducted the attack because of how it happened and secondly it was about who the victims where.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

That is probably why the international community is now waiting for the final report from the UN.

Are you joking?

Nobody is waiting or care about the UN report. Do you honestly think that if the UN report stated the opposite that it would make a difference ?

The UK and US already made up their mind, and stated so publicly. They are not going to be deterred from this conflict.

Itchy finger on the trigger comes to mind...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

It's still secret reports with secret evidence from secret sources about something we can't be trusted to know any details about.

If I provided such evidence for the existence of UFO-s, I would have been laughed out of this planet.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

That is probably why the international community is now waiting for the final report from the UN.

Are you joking?

Nobody is waiting or care about the UN report. Do you honestly think that if the UN report stated the opposite that it would make a difference ?

The UK and US already made up their mind, and stated so publicly. They are not going to be deterred from this conflict.

Itchy finger on the trigger comes to mind...

Your patronizing claim makes me cringe

please try to stop it.

No i am not joking, the UN is probably going to come back early next week and say that chemical weapons have been used, Assad is going to be blamed and then some time later next week the west with NATO will start attacks against the Syrian government on the humanitarian grounds.

And yes they are waiting on that report by the UN

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

but how do you explain than that they are eager to go ahead even without congressional or UN approval ? It was stated on multiple sources ?

edit:

I'm sure you're seen this one...it's sort of a "report"...from the UN....how come this report is ignored ?

BBC
edit on 29-8-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

but how do you explain than that they are eager to go ahead even without congressional or UN approval ? It was stated on multiple sources ?

Because they know that Russia and China will veto any Chapter 7 vote by the UN security council so they need another legal framework to work with (which they governments lawyers say they have). If nothing else Assad has broke the Chemical Weapons Convention

This thread is about the UK so the issue of "congressional approval" is not a issue but I would point out that its been years since Congress have gave formal approval for war
edit on 29-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Very interesting what the PM just said

he is saying that we cannot be 100% sure who is responsible for these attacks but that it comes down to government making a judgement, and that he and his government judge that he is responsible

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Anyone watching the Parliament recall?

Parliament TV

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

yeah I am watching it

I hate to say it

but I think Cameron is actually making quite a convincing case so far.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I call bullshiit... Since when does "Highly Likely" constitute damning evidence?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

its a judgement call on the available intelligence ultimately

no one can ever know with any degree of certainty that Assad was responsible but one can look at the sum of the evidence regarding who carried out these attacks and make a judgement.

So far that judgment would dictate to me that it was most likely Assad.

Yes there is some possibility that it was some other player i Syria but so far when i look at all of the open source information I can only say that it looks like it was elements of Assads government.

edit on 29-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Ahhhhh....... Wasn't it the UK that had the original source being used for WMD in Iraq before the 2003 invasion?

I thought this was the deciding factor for Iraq...

Ahmed Abdel Hadi Chalabi[1] (Arabic: أحمد الجلبي‎) (born 30 October 1944) is an Iraqi politician. He was interim oil minister in Iraq.

Chalabi is a controversial figure, especially in the United States, for many reasons. In the lead-up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the Iraqi National Congress (INC), with the assistance of lobbying powerhouse BKSH & Associates, provided a major portion of the information on which U.S. Intelligence based its condemnation of the Iraqi president Saddam Hussein, including reports of weapons of mass destruction and alleged ties to al-Qaeda.

Most, if not all, of this information has turned out to be false and Chalabi a fabricator. That, combined with the fact that Chalabi subsequently boasted, in an interview with the British Sunday Telegraph, about the impact that their alleged falsifications had on American policy, led to a falling out between him and the U.S. government.

Furthermore, Chalabi has been found guilty of the Petra banking scandal in Jordan (see below). In January 2012, a French intelligence official stated that they believed Chalabi to be an Iranian agent.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Is this the same intelligence community that spies on its own and has broken many laws in the process? the same one that lied about WMD.s in Iraq? I have a hard job of believing propaganda I see on the news or via the mouth of a shill of the money men. It all has a means to an end.

Its all about money at the end of the day, the corporations that make billions from war via military contracts must be feeling the pinch due to end of the Afghan and Iraqi conflicts.

We've been here before, we've been lied to before and yet some people refuse to see what is actually infront of them.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Horus12

its a judgement call on the available intelligence ultimately.

Well, let's see what we have so far. According to your link...

We have assessed previously that the Syrian regime used lethal CW on 14 occasions from 2012. This judgement was made with the highest possible level of certainty following an exhaustive review by the Joint Intelligence Organisation of intelligence reports plus diplomatic and open sources. We think that there have been other attacks although we do not have the same degree of confidence in the evidence. A clear pattern of regime use has therefore been established.

Then we have this...

Ehud Ya’ari, a respected Israeli TV Middle East analyst with ties to informed sources, said on Saturday that the chemically tipped missiles were fired by the 155th Brigade of the 4th Armored Division of the Syrian Army, a division under the command of the Syrian president’s brother, Maher Assad.

The 155th Brigade’s base is located on the Kalamoon Mountain northwest of Damascus.

www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com...

What else do we have? Anyone have any other specifics from other intelligence agencies?

edit on 29-8-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

It's still secret reports with secret evidence from secret sources about something we can't be trusted to know any details about.

If I provided such evidence for the existence of UFO-s, I would have been laughed out of this planet.

Isn't that the truth. Yet, they are telling us with a straight face, this level of 'evidence' is enough while any doubts? Well... We should just give them the benefit on that. We can trust they have only our best interests at heart! (or so they imply with every slimy statement).

I did trust them in 2002/2003. I honestly did. I was thinking that it was all too high profile and too wide open to be lying too much. So, they must have known things by intelligence we didn't get to see. Hence, I was supportive of the Iraq Invasion on the belief we just didn't SEE all the facts.

Then we learn over time? We did't "see all the facts" because there were no more facts of note to share. We DID see most, if not all there was ...and that was an act of international aggression against a sovereign nation in itself, when looking at how much they DID NOT know or even care to get right before launching multiple nations into war.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just providing an update...

Thursday, Aug. 29, 2013:
[Time in GMT]

1-2 p.m.

- U.S. sends fifth destroyer to eastern Med: official
- Putin, Merkel agree UN Security Council must study Syria probe report: Kremlin
- UK could still launch strikes on Syria without UN approval: London

12-1 p.m.

- Syria will defend itself against any aggression: Assad
- Britain sends six Typhoon jets to Cyprus base

8-10 a.m.

- Syria opposition chief meets with French president in Paris
- U.N. experts head to Damascus suburbs for third day investigations
- Russia to send two ships to east Mediterranean
- French president: ‘a political solution’ best to solve Syria crisis

english.alarabiya.net...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Getting fed up with all the MPs churning out the lies on Syria

Not one of them has mentioned these terrorists being caught red handed in Iraq and turkey this year with sarin

Not one has mentioned the videos online showing them testing sarin on animals

Not one of them has mentioned the clips of them firing artillery shells with strange biological blue containers sitting on the top of the missile

Never mind the horrific stories and clips online of the barbaric terrorists murdering people regardless of age because they don't follow their strict Islamic teachings

If we do target Assad,we are making a massive mistake!

His enemies will become our enemies and all those AA missiles (cough) lost in Libya will be used against us and most likely civilian 747s for the high death count and media headlines

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereismypassword

The same terrorists that murder and then eat their victims?
Or as has been said they were caught a couple of months ago in Turkey with sarin gas and bomb making equipment. We are in a war on terrorists and the terrorists are attacking Syria and we are aiding them? The terrorists are on our side now?
Give all these politicians a gun and send them over to sort it out on the ground. Lets see how keen they are when they have to do it them selves. Doubt if any one of them would have the goolies to lead from the front. Back up their words with actions. Politicians are nothing but a bunch of two faced snake tongued money grabbing tossers.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Incredible. So basically: "Assad is the guilty party because we said so."

No real evidence, not even an attempt at presenting logical arguments. With Russia sending warships to the mediterranean you'd think the policy of brinkmanship would perhaps get re-evaluated? I suppose the kings of the earth think they have less to lose since they can just hole up in their iron fortresses in the mountains if the nukes start flying, while the plebeians bare the brunt of the fallout?

Complete and utter madness. The loonies are truly running the asylum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join