It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assault on girls

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Surely that means everyone who can grow a beard is a paedo...given nearly every male on the planet can grow a beard/tache of some description should they decide too means that under your rule if (sex = male) then paedo := true and any male who shaves is hiding the fact they're a paedo and those that do not are flaunting the fact they abuse kids for fun etc.....

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
because in the UK an innocent doctor died because he had a sign on his door that had the word *Pediatrician* on it, and the brainwashed public being as stupid as they are thought that meant he was a kf, and they killed the poor guy!

Woman, not a guy.
Graffiti, not killed.

Dr Cloete returned from work at the Royal Gwent Hospital to find "paedo" spray-painted on her front door.
Local police believe the graffiti was written by someone who confused her job title with the word paedophile.

Nevertheless, the story has taken on a life of its own, transformed into a dire warning about hysterical mobs who threaten the fabric of our nation.

In fact, it was a relatively minor incident, which has been exaggerated and distorted in the re-telling - and turned into a symbol of mass hysteria

link

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well there ya go, I dont watch tv because I dont own one, but caught that story while at a friends house, and they did show a metal sign on a door with the word pediatrician on it. Glad you pointed that out

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I like that pic, might steal it for a new avatar hehe.

Can never be too tough on sexual predators in my book.

100% agree. So far as to add that if it were 100% provable someone was a monster, then I'd have very little issue with dishing out permanent justice. Absolutely none. This is why I am not involved with children at risk, and intend to never be. I would be far too emotioanlly involved and end up in prison.

BUT I noted yesterday a few posts here. He has been charged. And the general consensus was to hang him.. Well he's not yet been found guilty, as far as I know.

Sure, he's a cloud of acrid dense wood smoke.. but something worse than being a pedo, is accusing someone of being one when they are innocent.

Damn it, but the jigsaw keeps getting pieces that fit too well

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
To most Hysterical Types, the fact he released a song called, "Tie me kangaroo down sport", is proof enough for the charge of Bestiality! As mentioned earlier, it could be a complete smoke screen to cover up most of the Establishhment with their kiddy fiddling. From High Up Government Types, Churchmen of all persuasions, Businessmen ect. It was rumoured that Ted Heath MP (Deceased), Prime Minister from 1970 to 1974 was a lover of boys, i.E. A Pederast. And what from the establishment? Nothing. Move along now, nothing to see. An old friend of mine once told me the High Degrees in Masonery are riddled with perverts? I once mocked her. Not now.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace

Originally posted by BritofTexas
What a shame.

It feels like part of my childhood was raped.

Who's next Noel Edmunds? Jonny Ball? Yoffy from Fingerbobs? (at least he looked a bit dodgy)

Tony Blackburn, Mr Blobby, Timmy Mallet, the cast of Rainbow...Anyone seen that Rainbow they did for Jeremy Clarkson's birthday? lol Youtube it guys!
edit on 29-8-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

Ohhhh good god that's so wrong...

lmao lager fanny..

what did I just look at... oO

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by woogleuk

I would think a large number of people who work with children are molesters since that is the jobs they would religiously seek.

Well that's a wrong assumption, firstly.

At least where I live, you need a national police clearance certificate AND a working with children certificate, both of which cost a lot of money and the working with children clearance is not given until you are about to engage work with an organisation and it is at the request of the organisation that it is supplied - you can't just go get one.

So there are measures in place to put a halt to those bastards who want to get access this way. Sure it happens, mostly from places where there are no regulations or where old policies are still in place.

I know a lot of people who are seeking to work with children, children at risk, and these are mothers, single parents, people who've had involvement with children who have been abused... I would say that if you were to say to them, what you say in the above quote, you'd be rendered gender neutral post haste!

Most of the abuse comes from family or friends of the family. At least in this day and age there are plenty of beurocratic policy to make it difficult for someone with that bent to get into that line of work. Unless they're brand new and have it all planned out... highly unlikely.. people with that mind set would have been recorded as being as such and be in no position to get access.

I do repeat though, this is where I live. I have no idea how it works elsewhere. And I hear time and time again how things don't seem to follow common sense logic in some places.. so .. who knows.

It takes me a lot of energy to remain emotionally calm when we're discussing child abuse in my study. Be it neglect, emotional, physical or sexual. Someone seeking to enter that line of work and having to go through this type of education, surely would be setting off alarm bells by their attitudes alone I would have to think. We're not in a sterile environment before some of these people will get to work with children. It's a close, formed group, and I'd hope it would be easy to spot.

If you're merely referring to baby sitters, etc etc, who would not require clearance and qualifications before working with children, I have no idea. Don't let your kids be around strangers or adults you are not sure about and who you have no way to check on... let alone some celeb who wants to be alone with them...

I still think that some parents should not be parents. some of the things I hear make that so blatantly clear. Some human beings are not capable of raising children. Just because they can, does not mean they should. Especially when they simply cannot determine the best way to raise that child safely into adult hood.

I noticed when I looked up the registered sex offenders in our town, the ones who are pediphiles almost all have a beard and mustache or sometimes just one or the other. I think the facial hair is interesting to the kids but also I guess it can hid your face and you can look very different as soon as you shave.
edit on 29-8-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

Yep, so as I sit in a room full of people wanting to engage with children in the child protective servies field, my beard will be all the proof required to prove that I'm a pedo. Thanks for the good advice there. Have you told everyone around you about it?

Beards, guys, makes you a pervert.

Pretty sure all serial killers are blonde too...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I noticed when I looked up the registered sex offenders in our town, the ones who are pediphiles almost all have a beard and mustache or sometimes just one or the other.

How do you know that? Does the register show their faces?
I'm asking because I find it difficult to believe that there's a PUBLIC register showing photo's of kiddy fidlers! Why? because in the UK an innocent doctor died because he had a sign on his door that had the word *Pediatrician* on it, and the brainwashed public being as stupid as they are thought that meant he was a kf, and they killed the poor guy!
What stops the same happening where you are if these faces are being made public?
edit on 29-8-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

Yes in CA it shows their faces and give the address of each and the offence. We have 155 in a small area and most against the law live near the parks and schools.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

We just had a Principle found to be an abuser and had abused before. This happens in the news all the time, they either don't bother or screening is not reliable.

When my son was in 8th grade they found the PE teacher was taking boys home and abusing them, they let him go in such a way that he would be able to get another job instead of prosecuting him.

I recently had to let a friend go because I could not bare talking to her anymore as she did not turn in her son, whom I always thought the world of, a lovely blond blue eyed athlete who would have been in the Olympics but for an injury.

He works with little ones teaching them to swim and is a children's sports coach, my friend said he molested his baby girl only a few months old and all she cared about was his marriage and how they would get back together.

Common sense that you would try to get these types of jobs imo.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
reply to post by Char-Lee

Surely that means everyone who can grow a beard is a paedo...given nearly every male on the planet can grow a beard/tache of some description should they decide too means that under your rule if (sex = male) then paedo := true and any male who shaves is hiding the fact they're a paedo and those that do not are flaunting the fact they abuse kids for fun etc.....

Clearly that is not what I said...i was simply remarking on something I observed in two counties in CA. Duh my husband has a mastache.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I know a lot of people who are seeking to work with children, children at risk, and these are mothers, single parents, people who've had involvement with children who have been abused... I would say that if you were to say to them, what you say in the above quote, you'd be rendered gender neutral post haste!

Which part that offenders seek to work with children?

Again I clearly was not stating that everyone who works with kids are abusers..wow people listen to the words...not every person with a mustache or beard is an abuser...not every person who works with kids I thought I was speaking clear English

Maybe I somehow misread my own posts.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Thanks for the good advice there.

I don't remember giving anyone advice!!
I made an observation.
Wow shoot why don't you.;

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by SecretFace

Originally posted by BritofTexas
What a shame.

It feels like part of my childhood was raped.

Who's next Noel Edmunds? Jonny Ball? Yoffy from Fingerbobs? (at least he looked a bit dodgy)

Tony Blackburn, Mr Blobby, Timmy Mallet, the cast of Rainbow...Anyone seen that Rainbow they did for Jeremy Clarkson's birthday? lol Youtube it guys!
edit on 29-8-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

Ohhhh good god that's so wrong...

lmao lager fanny..

what did I just look at... oO

LOL I was pi$$ing myself laughing when I first watched it! I wouldn't miss one episode of Top Gear if that was the format! Anyway, yeah if anyone is on the dirty perv list, its Zippy!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Well, I can't say I wasn't dreading this, but I guess we all knew it was coming.

Yet another childhood hero about to brought out as a monster, when is it going to end?

I used to watch Rolfs cartoon club religiously when I was growing up, it was one of the few things I looked forward to coming home from school to.

I am still hopeful that he is innocent, but then again I was with Jimmy Savile too, and look how that turned out.

Sad sad day for anyone 30+

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29/8/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

the thing that sickens me most, is that these "monsters" usually get to live a long and healthy life doing what they want to children before they get caught. he is 83. will most likely die before he sees any jail time.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is not only a problem in the UK. I seem to remember Corey Fieldman opening up about child abuse in Holywood last year. He talked about him and Corey Haim being abused as kids and claims that many Holywood child stars are the victims of abuse. A Lin k to the story can be found here
edit on 30/8/2013 by avriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

First of all, offenders do seek to work with children. But of course, so do many other people, like people who actually care and want to be there to protect children or to strengthen our only link to humanity's future.

Second, you need to realize that these protocols and safety nets only catch people with a RECORD. You also need to realize how many "sexual predators" have either not been caught, or not acted, or merely not acted to the furthest extent they are capable of or would like to have acted.

You need to understand human psychology and sociology, I think. You are very naive to think that "most of them have been found out and or labeled". Are you serious? Most victims have several reasons not to speak out. Shame, fear of not being believed, fear of harm to themselves or their loved ones that were threatened by the attacker, fear of social status being damaged or being outcast, they just want to forget it ever happened and move on as quickly as possible, fear of disrupting the natural order of things in their daily routine as they have come to know it...

You might say "well that doesnt make any sense! why would the victim feel shame? why would they have such fears?" Then again, you might not. If you were to, that would only speak further to a lack of understanding when it comes to psychology, sociology. It makes perfect sense when you understand the dynamics behind interpersonal relationships and perceptions and expectations, especially between a child and a perceived authority figure (basically any adult or anybody older than they).

Some people can have twisted fantasies AND be careful, smart planners, waiting for the exact right moment to leap forward to what they always wanted, but feared the consequences of.

I don't know where you live though, so maybe you live on Elysium where everything is perfect. You never specified, only said that where you live its all but impossible for a weirdo to be working near a child. So I suppose I must allow for an unknown super-civilization where nothing bad can ever happen. Do you live on a previously unknown floating super city where everything is perfect? Or are you hugely naive? Has to be one or the other.
edit on 8/31/2013 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This hasn't been all over the news here in Aus, of maybe I haven't heard about it because I have been avoiding the tv news like the plague due to the election this weekend.

Has anyone seen anything on Aus tv about it?
edit on 2/9/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join