It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assault on girls

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assault on girls

www.bbc.co.uk

TV presenter Rolf Harris has been charged with nine counts of indecent assault and four of making indecent images of children, say prosecutors.

Mr Harris was first arrested in March by officers investigating historical allegations of child sexual abuse.

Six offences relate to the indecent assault of a girl aged 15-16 between 1980 and 1981 and three relate to a girl aged 14 in 1984.

The indecent images of children were alleged to have been made last year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Well, I can't say I wasn't dreading this, but I guess we all knew it was coming.

Yet another childhood hero about to brought out as a monster, when is it going to end?

I used to watch Rolfs cartoon club religiously when I was growing up, it was one of the few things I looked forward to coming home from school to.

I am still hopeful that he is innocent, but then again I was with Jimmy Savile too, and look how that turned out.

Sad sad day for anyone 30+

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29/8/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I never been a Rolf Fan.

Off to Jail now he goes.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
That hit me right in the childhood!

Aw I used to love Rolf, I loved art even as a kid and he was one of my childhood favs.

Totally disgusted! what a creep!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Nooooooo!

Not Rolf, please

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
These arrests are to appease the public. These arrests are small fry in comparison to the bigger picture.

Savile held the key to a lot of very dark and nasty secrets, he has taken these secrets to his grave.

These secrets include Savile and some very prominent figures in the UK, past and present.

Rolf and co are just smoke and mirrors.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I just do not know what to say anymore. How can Rolf be guilty of this? I bloody love the man!.......................

Although that position may change if this all proves true. I have never been in this position before about a celeb but i just do not believe it (or rather i am refusing to believe it).

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Yeah man, I refused to believe it about Savile too, it's kind of soul destroying.

But unless Rolf admits to it, even if he gets the guilty verdict I will still refuse to believe it.

As a poster above said, smoke and mirrors, a lot of these celebs are just becoming scapegoats for something more sinister I think.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This is more to distract from the fact that a lot of MP's and powerful people were upto no good, he'll get a few years tops and then he'll disappear from public view but will probably keep his gongs etc since he'll be taking one for the team

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I like that pic, might steal it for a new avatar hehe.

Can never be too tough on sexual predators in my book.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is upsetting news. Rolf was a legend during my childhood and inspired my love of classic golden age animation through his Cartoon Club. My DVD library of Tom & Jerry and Loony Tunes is testament to that. I hope he is innocent but if he is guilty, and this saddens me, he does deserve the sentence he gets.

Savile on the other hand always had a creepiness about him, and for me didn't shock. I agree with posters above though. This all seems convenient and distracting. I'm guessing bigger fish are being protected.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Not old Rolf
really hoped it wouldn't be true. Jimmy Savile and his croneys all just seemed so likely and no real surprises there, and watching him on Louis Theroux just made it all piece together as deeply disturbing as it all is.

But Rolf?! Sun arise, in the morning? Why man, why.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Same here guys, jus find it hard to believe, he doesn't have that look or manner about him. Now Saville, what a creep!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
When you hear Rolfs Wobble board going on off run,,,,don't look back...just run.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
We knew it was on the cards, we knew it was highly possible. It's been coming for nearly a yr now but we are still shocked!!
. Yeah I'm not even really sure what to think at this stage...

Only that I'd hope and assume the authority's have good reason. I'm sure they do. It's a sad day for childhood memories

edit on 29-8-2013 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

I think regardless of whether guilty or innocent, Rolf will be found guilty.

The BBC need to be seen to be taking a pro-active approach to the Savile scandal, and if it has to turn its back on a few aging celebrities to save its own arse, so be it.
edit on 29/8/13 by woogleuk because: Reusing off topic post for something more constructive to the conversation.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Seems as though all the DJ's, pop stars and other popular TV people from my teen years are all being done for some kind of sexual abuse case, and to think of all those years as a young kid having Gary Glitter posters on my bedroom walls.......quite scary really.............

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join