It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E cigarettes are not ciggaretts...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by tachyonmind
i hate ecigs, gimmie a real, natural tobacco cigarette any day.. if i get sick and die, so be it, at least i wont be puffing on some "technology".. xD

Nicotine, being a highly deadly poison, can be ingested in a number of ways, but it is only via being able to titrate your dose do you find it recreational. It's a rather fine line between "Oooh that's flavour country!" and "Call the parame... morgue, he's dead." when it comes to this toxic stuff.

I'd have to say that just about every drugg big pharma comes up with is a deadly poison, what makes them so ef'ing special. Here are two examples, lipostatins, you know crestore, lipitor, novacor, they are poisons, made from red yeast rice another poison. Methotrexate, Imuran, etc. all poisons. You want to get started on fluoride based mood enhancers ;-) ? Oh, and lets not forget about the main ingredient at your local bar, beer or liquor store, ethanol, another poison.

Governments allow and profit from the sales of poisons, big pharma of course profits from the sale of poisons. That should tell you something.

Cheers - Dave

edit on 8/29.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
reply to post by Superhans

That would tend to infringe on the original patent I am sure, so they're probably not as good as the one raking in 600 million a year now
edit on 8/29/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

Yes and no, Im not sure where you got the 600 million a year but most the estimates for the ecigs are based off all the ecigs, every brand. But they have just entered the market relatively speaking and they have not done too bad so far. Blu cig is owned by Lorillard which is a tobacco company.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

Cigarettes and tobacco have become THE scapegoat of the last 20 or so years. I mean, banned in most indoor venues for years now. No restaurants, bars, etc. Banned in many places 50 feet or whatever from a building. Can't smoke in your own car if you have a child with you in some places, which is ridiculous, because you're still allowed to smoke in your home with your child. Now they are starting in on apartment buildings with no smoking allowed in them.

MY GOD yes, smoking has pretty much made smokers the anti-christ now. So many people now think that smoking is the ONLY way you get lung cancer now. Everytime you hear about a non-smoker getting lung cancer it is always "its so strange because he didn't even smoke" as if that was the only possible way to get lung cancer.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I kinda doubt any anti smoking campaigns are against this. Sounds more like somethings big tobacco would pull to get people to stick with their brands. To me it's a no-phucking-brainer: Smoke E-cigs and live healthier; Smoke real cigarettes and smell like #.... and yellow your teeth... and waste your money.... and die slowly. People always make bullcrap excuses about why they don't like the e-cigs either like "I don't like the taste", or "I tried it and couldn't get used to it" . It's so absurd. The cigs come in literally hundreds of flavors. If you can't find one you like then you're just being childish. The only thing you wont get from e-cigs is that abhorrent, ASSY smell. Why would people be reluctant to abandon that? Stubborn idiots. They've become infatuated with tobacco. Just like everyone's become infatuated with alcohol. Just like TPTB planned.
edit on 30-8-2013 by the sloth because: fudge it there the link

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by the sloth

I kinda doubt any anti smoking campaigns are against this.

I doubt you are correct- i know you are wrong on that
www.thedailybeast.com...

Sounds more like somethings big tobacco would pull to get people to stick with their brands.

Nope, already went over this, tobacco companies are already picking it up and distributing their own ecigs.

People always make bullcrap excuses about why they don't like the e-cigs either like "I don't like the taste", or "I tried it and couldn't get used to it" . It's so absurd. The cigs come in literally hundreds of flavors. If you can't find one you like then you're just being childish.

YES, not only do they come in different flavors there are so many different types and parts you can use. The one i have right here is a mod job but it has 5 different parts and if I change any one of those parts it would completely change the way it tastes. And then there are hundreds of different brands and flavors of liquids, if you don't like them you can buy all the things you need to make your own liquid PG/VG, nicotine and flavoring.

Just like TPTB planned.

Not sure about that, it was introduced to us by the natives and it seems like the gov is trying to make smoking all but illegal.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Where I live-overseas-about 20 million people are smokers.
The average TAX per pack is 3.5 dollars.
Average of 1 pack a day per smoker-and you have 70 million dollars in tax revenue a day.
490,000,000 dollars a week
25 billion 480 million DOLLARS a year.

Imagine the revenue loss to a nation,state or city when everyone goes to e-cigs.
Big Tobacco only makes about a dollar per pack of smokes-its the government who makes a killing.

The European Society of Cardiology says..
--currently available data suggest that electronic cigarettes are far less harmful and substituting tobacco with electronic cigarettes may be beneficial to health.”
www.escardio.org...

I smoked for 30 years-god willing I am done for good.With the help of the e-cigs,I do not suffer cravings or the classic nic fit.

The people,and the groups who want to ban e-cigs,are not interested in your health,The people who pull those strings are only interested in your money.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

In my opinion the anti Ecig crowd is financed by big tobacco - its going to kill their profits, so they want it stopped. Also its completely safe, and that is a problem for the Agenda 21 scum.

By the way - I also believe that the anti smoking campaigns are intended to actually be advertising for teenagers - tell teens not to do something and they will likely do it, and smoking is so addictive that once they start they are probably hooked. I believe that it is probably reverse psychology, targeting the rebellious nature of teens - I wuldnt be surprised if it was funded by big tobacco.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSnake

Big Tobacco only makes about a dollar per pack of smokes-its the government who makes a killing.

The people,and the groups who want to ban e-cigs,are not interested in your health,The people who pull those strings are only interested in your money.

I think youve probably nailed it - sounds spot on to me. Im also an Ecig smoker - and health wise its like being a non smoker, and its a fraction of the cost.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

In my opinion the anti Ecig crowd is financed by big tobacco - its going to kill their profits, so they want it stopped. Also its completely safe, and that is a problem for the Agenda 21 scum.

Again, Tobacco companies are on board with the e cigarettes. Look into who owns these
www.markten.com...
www.blucigs.com...

By the way - I also believe that the anti smoking campaigns are intended to actually be advertising for teenagers - tell teens not to do something and they will likely do it, and smoking is so addictive that once they start they are probably hooked. I believe that it is probably reverse psychology, targeting the rebellious nature of teens - I wuldnt be surprised if it was funded by big tobacco

Did you not read the OP or do you just not know how smoking education works? Not only do the tobacco companies pay for it they HAVE TO legally,
www.legalzoom.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ive been a smoker for almost 20 years and i used e cigs to quit smoking. Its been 6 months now and i havent had a single smoke. I cant stand even smelling smoke now. Some tips i found helpful are to start with a high nicotine level but no reason to go bonkers at a 36, 24 will do a heavy smoker just fine. Also - differentiate this from cigarrettes and dont go with the tobacco based flavors. keep this segregated, go with the fruits and berry stuff, it really is quite good. skip the cheap throw aways from circle k too, they are junk. go to a local shop, alot of them are even on yelp now. I'm in Phoenix and we have a great one in Tempe, Synergy Vapor labs. Go get edumakated, there are alot of delivery methods so find the one that suits you best. Then plan on regimenting your useage. Every month or 2, lower your nicotine level when you purchase more juice. your body acclamates pretty quickly. I'm on 6 now, the minimum and if i dont vape for 1/2 a day or more, i barely even fee the nicotine flare ups. Anyone have any questions i'd be happy to help or explain in more detail based on my experience.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yep tired of it too, I've been using e cigs daily for over 3 years now... No health problems at all period. My physical state compared to my smoking days - Not even a chance for comparison !

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by melancholiflower
Dunno, I think the one that blew up in some guy's face is a cause for concern... Also my grandma had one of the batteries blow up in her handbag - not as extreme as the florida guy though.

I don't really mind what folks are choosing to put in their mouths though, as long as they're getting their oral fixation as much as I am on my tobacco then leave em be.

Explain to me why this is any more of an issue than laptops and cell phones blowing up and catching fire?

Anything that uses high powered lithium ion batteries has the potential for dangerous battery explosion and venting. That's a fact of the battery technology, not the concept of ecigarattes. And all consumer electronics that utilize these same batteries have the same risk.

Where are the people trying to ban cellphones and laptops for having "dangerous" batteries.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by the sloth

I kinda doubt any anti smoking campaigns are against this. Sounds more like somethings big tobacco would pull to get people to stick with their brands. To me it's a no-phucking-brainer: Smoke E-cigs and live healthier; Smoke real cigarettes and smell like #.... and yellow your teeth... and waste your money.... and die slowly. People always make bullcrap excuses about why they don't like the e-cigs either like "I don't like the taste", or "I tried it and couldn't get used to it" . It's so absurd. The cigs come in literally hundreds of flavors. If you can't find one you like then you're just being childish. The only thing you wont get from e-cigs is that abhorrent, ASSY smell. Why would people be reluctant to abandon that? Stubborn idiots. They've become infatuated with tobacco. Just like everyone's become infatuated with alcohol. Just like TPTB planned.
edit on 30-8-2013 by the sloth because: fudge it there the link

Actually, the SAME people who have been attacking smoking in the past few decades are the SAME ones attacking ecigs.

It's not big tobacco that's the problem, it's big pharma. THEY are the enemy and they have infiltrated all levels of anti-smoking campaigns. They fight ecigs because ecigs offer a freedom from big pharma's hold. They can't have that.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

It's happened twice to me. And ohhh the irony, what if it turned out the e-vapor was worse than tobacco? I think I'll just stick to my American Spirits.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I smoke..deal with it.
Ive tried the ecig...it's not the same..even tho i pretend it is.
Smoking has been around since people knew you could burn tobacco and inhale it..yep..really...how long ago was that? Ummm...probably before YOU were born.

I really hate EX smokers the worst..they know and they make you FEEL like you are a sinner and are killing babies, but its ok...we can deal with it, right?

I think it really has to do with the GMO company...look..our own president smokes..yep..that as*..i mean that fine outstanding president..DOESNT smoke..what was i saying!

No one can compete with the great food they have available for the citizens..so DONT smoke..it stunts your growth...
wink, wink, nudge nudge, know what i mean?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

James1982

Explain to me why this is any more of an issue than laptops and cell phones blowing up and catching fire?

Anything that uses high powered lithium ion batteries has the potential for dangerous battery explosion and venting. That's a fact of the battery technology, not the concept of ecigarattes. And all consumer electronics that utilize these same batteries have the same risk.

Where are the people trying to ban cellphones and laptops for having "dangerous" batteries.

Suppose it isn't much different really. Just like it isn't much different to people setting themselves on fire whilst smoking cigarettes in bed. Though I suppose the latter's mainly due to stupidity rather than bad luck.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Also there is cross contamination of the test as the 'testers' smoked regular cigarettes prior to doing the test. So yeah formaldehyde is going to show up there too. Then they say the heating up of the coil releases harmful particles too and that it was just as harmful as regular smoking. You can't even put e-cig vapor in the same category as cigarettes when it comes to harmful. They will say anything to demonize it and tax it. Hell there may even be a way to introduce medicine through a vaporizer.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If ecigs are less/not dangerous then great.
I don't have any issues with ecigs at this time, especially if trading down from tar smoking.

Originally posted by Superhans
So now today, kids are actually OVERESTIMATING the dangers of smoking.

My wife's parents died from lung cancer when she was in her 30's, mom by chain smoking, dad by second hand smoke. Could it have been from something else? perhaps, but not likely.

She was orphaned, and blames her mom for killing her dad.

She hates disrespectful smokers in public places, says they have no right to force their smoke on her, it's hard to argue against that.

I'm fine with people smoking in their own confinement, it's your health on the line, (actually I'm for allowing suicide too for sane, grownup people, not my business to decide) but there is no reason I should accept having your smoke forced on me in a public place.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mimer

Preach it there but at the same time don't ignore the other polluters of our air or you come off as hypocritical. Car exhaust compared to secound hand smoke doesn't even compare both are necessity for one group or another. Besides I am not convinced on the second hand smoke issue you may not like the smell but it hasn't been proven that it is harmful especially when talking about public places and open air.

I know some people think they are but until they start telling people to quite idleing there cars in parking lots then they are just blowing hot air at smokers.(pun intended)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
ever since the first fire man has been inhaling much smoke in our daily lives. something about the antifreeze in my lungs gives me pause. i have found that some plant oils work well in the ecigs. real cherries works well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join