It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Syria, Russia To Send Ships To Mediterranean

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
The Russians have a relationship with Syria, they have a navy port there, its like the only one they have in Asia minor..

Everyone makes it out that the Russians have a huge naval base in Syria, when the reality is so much different. They have a couple of piers with a small staffing. It's big enough for four medium sized ships, if both 100 meter floating piers are working. It can't even hold a Neustrashimyy class frigate, let alone something the size of the Moskva. There is a small maintenance shop there.
edit on 8/29/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That's some scary stuff! A mega interesting read though, thanks for the link

Obviously we are not going to see anything like that reported in the MSM as it would go against the garbage they are trying to sell us at the moment about short, limited strikes, etc.

edit on 29/8/13 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

The first one is pure BS. That's an X-47B technology demonstrator that was used to prove that they could land and launch a UAV from a carrier deck. There are two, and neither has flown since the end of June. That's a stock photo used many times, taken near Edwards I think.

The B-2 is plausible, but there are better places to put it than Cyprus, like Diego Garcia, or even farther away such as Guam. Places that are farther away and safer for it to operate from. There are even bases near Iraq that have hangers it could be in that would protect it from the weather.

All in all, the first report is pure BS, the second should be taken with a grain of salt.

ETA:

Background look familiar? That was the first flight at Edwards.
edit on 8/29/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

You aren't going to see anything like that in the MSM because it's pure unadulterated BS posted by Sorcha Faal.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
But its a tweet... So it has to be true?

Could u look at his twitter account?

Some other tweets, don"t know why he would be lying

Chris @Chrisisace9
@DrRoyMurphy What's your source for the aircraft sightings?
Roy Murphy @DrRoyMurphy

@Chrisisace9 I'm ex Army Air Corps and I live opposite Akrotiri in Cyprus. I have friends also serving on base, plus I skydive there.

Typhoons landed and taken off 4 times in the last 3 hours. I count 6 so far, one after the other. They appear to be fully armed. #Syria

Didn't see any F-117s today, but saw some smaller stealth drones at Dekelia. Saw B2 Bomber take off. Wow! Turned out over Episkopi.

Dekelia's busier today than Farnborough Airshow! 19xC-130's counted on the ground. MP's blocking all non-security cleared personnel. #Cyprus

LMAO nice Catch Zaph!

edit on 29-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
People always wonder why Russia blocks so much of what we do in the UN and always seem allied to our quote/unquote "enemies".

Mainstream political theory is that they are still holding on the Cold War (as Obama and McCain recently spouted) and former KBG dude Vladamir Putin is still psychologically holding onto the defunct and discredited Soviet Union. It's also a way for them to flex power.

-----

With the fall of the Soviet Union "Russia" became naked in the real World. It now has to compete like all the other countries. It has little or no regional monopoly of resources except what is inside it's own borders and what deal it works out with others.

Now we have Russia/China/Syria/Lybia/Iran in a defacto axis as a stopper against the US/UN. I don't think the alliance is because Russia actually loves dictatorships. We know they sure don't love Muslims. They are all odd bed-fellows it seems to me.

I think Russia sees the World in the same frame as many of us do that frequent these forums. That it to say they accept the reality of the dominant Globalist Empire that we call the "New World Order".

They realize that the second they give themselves over to the NWO it's OVER for them. They no longer become a proud country trying to rebuild but just another cog in the NWO machine. They care more about "Mother Russia" than any passing political scheme imposed on them. They realize that when that happens they can only go down economically and western bankers would suck the remaining wealth out of Russia like a vacuum like they are doing in America.

They see themselves as the last stand against the NWO.

Just a theory.....
edit on 29-8-2013 by Engonoceras because: more

edit on 29-8-2013 by Engonoceras because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Didn't see any F-117s today, but saw some smaller stealth drones at Dekelia. Saw B2 Bomber take off. Wow! Turned out over Episkopi.

Uhm, maybe because they're retired.
They retired them like five years ago, except for a small number that are testing various systems, flown by Lockheed Martin pilots.

@Chrisisace9 I'm ex Army Air Corps and I live opposite Akrotiri in Cyprus.

So that would make him like 90 years old since the Army Air Corps hasn't existed since 1947 when the Air Force was created as a separate service.

Typhoons landed and taken off 4 times in the last 3 hours. I count 6 so far, one after the other. They appear to be fully armed. #Syria

The RAF just deployed 6 Typhoons today. I'd be surprised if there were already six there operating, or that they're fully armed. They are supposed to be there to protect the base if necessary, but they would have only just landed.

There are however credible reports of two U-2s landing on Cyprus today. One from RAF Fairford, the other from an unknown base. If a B-2 had landed there, I think it would have made some of my sources, and they haven't said a word about it.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Man your quite obsessed with the Air-force aren't you?:p Thanks though you have been a major source to keep the BS out.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

I was five the first time I was on the ramp, and went out there for almost 30 years. It's hard NOT to become obsessed in 28 years.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

does Russia have ports in any other countries in the middle east?

I think that is why its a big deal for them...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

That is why it's a big deal, but they were in discussions with Cyprus at one point to build a base there.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

So that would make him like 90 years old since the Army Air Corps hasn't existed since 1947 when the Air Force was created as a separate service.

He's claiming to have been a member of the British Army Air Corps.

www.army.mod.uk...

It is all made up, but amazing how many people fell for it.

I agree with your post on the Russian Navy facility at Tartus. Some people seem to think it is some sort of super-base. It is just a small facility and limited in what it can support.

The Amur Class Repair Ship PM-138 is now back in Tartus as of 18 GMT, 29th August. Looks like they have finished shuttling personnel out of the base or returning for more?

Position report stripped out from the international Morse Code weather.

8345 Kilohertz

RCV DE RBIZ 29181 99349 10358 22200 @1807Z

34.9N 35.8E Hove to Tartus

goo.gl...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join