It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Syria, Russia To Send Ships To Mediterranean

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If our American bro's (and sisters) wanna watch the UK emergency parliamentary debate re action in Syria, its live online now, it can be found here...

news.sky.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
COLD WAR 2.0

Look at the crude oil price, its been the highest in 2 years.

Not because of the potential conflict.

Despite an abundance of oil supplies—and the fact that Syria is a minor oil producer, at best—the global market for crude has been dominated for a week by worries about the Middle Eastern country. U.S. oil hit a two-year high above $112 on Wednesday, after closing below $104 on Aug. 21, the day that the Syrian military is believed to have used chemical weapons against rebels fighting the regime of President Bashar Assad. Hundreds of civilians died in the attacks.

Source

It's because of the greedy bastard war profiteers steering the markets. If they can tie a change in the wind direction to anything microscopic going on in the Universe, they'll use it to extort any amount of money they can out of our wallets.

This is one of thos situations were the government would score big time points if they stepped in and said Whoa there, you bunch of miserable leaches, you're not going to profit off this situation . . . no wild-assed speculation until we start bombing the snot out of this little third-world entity, then you can grab your cash by the mittful, but until then, stand down, shut up and go screw your mothers, you blood sucking parasites., or something of that nature.

The oil prices going through the roof is nothing but a money grab being done because there isn't anyone with a set big and hairy enough to go up against the big boys.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I don't know what is giving them motivation to stand against these actions of the west.

And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: Ezekiel 38:4

Though they are just sending two ships for now and may even go back but should the US strike Syria and Israel gets involved, they will turn back and things will get ugly early.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

it just like Command and Conquer Game..

You are rapidly becoming my favourite ATS member.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

The possibility of Syria, Iran or even Russia striking back against oil assets in the region is real,

You bet it is - I was just reading this about Putin. I'm sorry I can't add a link but the link keeps corrupting.

A grim “urgent action memorandum” issued today from the office of President Putin to the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation is ordering a “massive military strike” against Saudi Arabia in the event that the West attacks Syria.

Thank you for your reply to my post. I appreciate your approach and civility. I also appreciate your opinion and will absorb it with an open mind.

The link is from The European Union Times - the 27th.

I'll try it again: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria

peace

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This quote says it all from the link you posted:

A grim “urgent action memorandum” issued today from the office of President Putin to the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation is ordering a “massive military strike” against Saudi Arabia in the event that the West attacks Syria.

According to Kremlin sources familiar with this extraordinary “war order,” Putin became “enraged” after his early August meeting with Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan who warned that if Russia did not accept the defeat of Syria, Saudi Arabia would unleash Chechen terrorists under their control to cause mass death and chaos during the Winter Olympics scheduled to be held 7-23 February 2014 in Sochi, Russia.

Scary thought if it becomes true...and in the event there is a war and Russia is under threat...I would not send any Canadian athlete into Russia for the Olympic games...military yes, athletes no.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The Russians are not weak and do not succumb to a threat, unbelievable to read about the arrogance and threats of the saudis.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42
The Russians are not weak and do not succumb to a threat, unbelievable to read about the arrogance and threats of the saudis.

I am sure if Russia goes after Saudi, US will surely follow...because this is a war on oil, not terror.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Going for a full out war is to early, I give it another decade before the Real OIL wars begin. At this point the major players around the world have their stash.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

That is what i am wondering about, would there be secret talks between Putin and Obama, and has the west succumbed under threats of the saudis?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

reply to post by silo13

The way out of this financial crisis is to balance the budget, state debt will lower over time while the economy grows, no war is needed for that but the will to get the house in order.

Exactly.
Best wishes to the Netherlands.

Now someone go tell that secret to the world, before all those idiots accidently blow it up.
edit on 29-8-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Thanks, best wishes to Germany

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Yeah the Russian and US oil companies directors must be popping the corks as we speak!

It's win win win for big oil. Just imagine if the Iranians close down the straits of Hormuz, big oil wins big time. One could almost believe the same families are running the big oil companies and Russian/Israeli/US/UK foreign policy at the same time!

edit on 29-8-2013 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

The AP reports that US intelligence officials are admitting that linking Syrian President Bashar Assad or his inner circle to an alleged chemical weapons attack is no "slam dunk," as opposed to Obama (and Kerry) who are 'unequivocal' of the fact.

an intercept of Syrian military officials discussing the strike was among low-level staff, with no direct evidence tying the attack back to an Assad insider or even a senior Syrian commander, the officials said.

I think we can safely say that there won't be an intervention.
Wonder what we must expect in the near future, atleast now they know it won't be as easy as with Afghanistan, Iraq and Lybia.
Not only are the people awake, the bear has also awakened, and is angry, another false flag that failed

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yep. This thing is a no-go!!

www.zerohedge.com...

The AP reports that US intelligence officials are admitting that linking Syrian President Bashar Assad or his inner circle to an alleged chemical weapons attack is no "slam dunk," as opposed to Obama (and Kerry) who are 'unequivocal' of the fact.

an intercept of Syrian military officials discussing the strike was among low-level staff, with no direct evidence tying the attack back to an Assad insider or even a senior Syrian commander, the officials said.

I think we can safely say that there won't be an intervention.
Wonder what we must expect in the near future, atleast now they know it won't be as easy as with Afghanistan, Iraq and Lybia.
Not only are the people awake, the bear has also awakened, and is angry, another false flag that failed

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper62

They wont attack each other, both countries are permanent members of the UN and one attacking the other would violate Chapter 1, article 1 of the UN charter so short of a full scale global war its not worth doing.

Do you really believe the UN charter is what is keeping one country from attacking another? I don't. If you get one itchy trigger finger out there, it could easily happen.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Interesting point about russia and saudi arabia ..and IMHO very believable. They have had their own terrorist war in chechnya, who can forget the Beslan school hostage, up there with the worst atrocities.
West seem to treat Saudi Arabia as a friend but forget its appalling treatment of women. It was only one of 2 countries who had to be cajoled to send women to the London Olympics. All other nations including Iran and Syria sent women freely. Very interesting how the west would act.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I am not surprised at any of this, now lets see what goes on with the Korean peninsula

really folks if you just give it enough time, the truth will reveal itself here...

The Russians have a relationship with Syria, they have a navy port there, its like the only one they have in Asia minor.. SO YES, Syria, is important to them, and they do not want America/NATO taking down the current regime.. YOU also have Iran, who is buddies with Syria, and also HATES the west/USA the Iranian regime that is.. We also have Israel telling us, who also hates SYRIA, and IRAN, that the Syrians used chemical weapons on its people, which can ALSO be biased because Israel does not like Syria, or Iran..

Its a utter mess... So all in all, we really have no proof really that Syria, used chemicals weapons on its people, we have a report from Israel telling us they heard/ got information that they did use them on there people...

Which has in turn led to Obama, wanted to attack Syria, and in turn has made the Russians move warships down to the Mediterranean, and who knows where their Yasen-class, and the Borei-class subs are going to be.. Betting off the east coast...

I hear allot of rhetoric about how the Russian, war machine is not capable of hurting NATO/USA etc. I totally salute our patriotism but um folks need to get real here.. War is not all about technology, it is also about strategy..

As I was saying I am not suprised, this might be the straw here that starts it all off.. With the world markets so out of whack, and unrealistic vs's the real economy jobs etc. with the deficits trade and governmental ones in the world it would not surprise me one bit they turn to war to either try and do what happened during ww2, trying to fix the recession/depression yet all they did with ww2 was never really fix the depression...

We are still dealing with that in the market... it was also a different time.. more farmers less slaves to the corporations or capitalism the weather did not help the economy either back then..

If I was a betting man, I would put some money down on the odds that we will prob. see some action in Syria within the next 2 weeks or so...

If nothing happens within that time, we will have to wait for the next BIG EVENT.

Maybe that one will do it..

Its going to be one of these times.. Can only piss people off for so long...

edit on 29-8-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You realize that the EU Times is Sorcha Faal right? One of the biggest internet hoaxers ever.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
US Stealth Drones, Bombers, C-130s In Cyprus?
www.zerohedge.com...

Interesting...

Zaph?:p

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join