It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K. backs out from attacking Syria - America to go ahead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

yup,

Apparently in private Clegg has been getting flamed by his party over this

a Libdem leader supporting a Torry war that many are questioning, doesn't seem to be sitting well.

I am not saying its going to happen just that I think its possible it could cause a rip in the government

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

Is the USA wise in going it without our backing?

Absolutely not. The U.S. is going to strike Syria, and then probably be hit by anti-ship missiles or some other manner of actual defense on the part of the Middle East. It is going to be an absolute disaster. I don't think we have lost a navy ship in a long time. We could potentially lose all of them in that region in a firefight.

We are used to the Middle-East being complaint and whatnot due to smoke and mirror diplomacy, I don't think we have ever entered a war before where there is resistance for a long time, the policy makers have this idea of it just being a "go in, get out, hit such and such no one will mind being struck by cruise missiles, etc." mentality.

I would not be surprised if we lose our whole navy in that region.
edit on 29-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I thought we were going to attack Thursday (today), are plans on hold?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Cameron said “It is clear to me that the British Parliament, reflecting the views of the British people, does not want to see British military action. I get that and the Government will act accordingly.”

That's great new to me and many others,who have weighed up the evidence from both sides and have come to the conclusion the msm angle we are being thrown is the opposite of reality

Cameron and future PMs should not blindly follow the advice of the hidden source security services

They have an agenda,and it's not for the benefit of this country

We even get that rancid warmonger Blair on our airwaves saying we should strike Syria,and he's a Middle East peace envoy!

Anyway good news,still think France and America will go alone-the French government seems very happy helping terrorists topple other governments in other countries

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereismypassword

There is hope, I just wish the USA good luck now

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

I think the American war drums have been steadily building tempo to a crescendo recently,they have the best air support and navy in recent times and I'm pretty sure surgical strikes will be used to decapitate the Syrians military command structure and chain of command

This looks like Libya again

When the opposition to Gaddafi were getting nowhere,France the UK and America(in the leading NATO roll) eliminated Gaddafi's forces and cleared a path for the opposition to move on tripoli

Of course we don't know what Russia have planned or Iran for that matter if Syria starts getting bombed,I'm not sure either will want to play their hand now but Iran must know they will be the next regime to topple

For America and the west the nightmare will be with Assad removed what will become of all the high tech weapons these rebels have received from Libya and of course Saudi and Qatar?

There are rumours that not only will cruise missiles strike Assad but they plan to eliminate the fanatical Islamic fighters on the other side

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join