It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano Warns of Cyber Attack, Unprecedented Natural Disaster

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
I got a few paragraphs in to the article, and I admit I stopped reading the paranoid diatribe. I am so sick & tired of the government insisting everyone and everything is a horrid threat to the country. So. sick. of it. I am at the point where reading her "warnings" in the article made me want to throttle her. It's a very effective way to try to persuade the public they need to be fearful of something, but holy goddamn crap, aren't people getting tired of being huddled in the proverbial corner, fearing every single thing we're told? What they fail to tell us we need to be afraid of is them, obviously. There's disaster prep, which is not a problem. Everyone should have an emergency kit on hand, because you simply never know when a hurricane, or mother of all blizzards, or mass power failure, etc will happen. But making it sound like it's the unholiest thing ever coming straight for us? That's just gunning to make a population meek, fearful & overly dependent on you for "protection (but we knew that)

Bite me, Janet.

(sorry for the rant, but I've about had it with this garbage)
. The Matrix is weakened. They are getting desperate.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here is what Napolitano actually said in reading an "open letter" to her as yet unnamed successor:

You also will have to prepare for the increasing likelihood of more weather-related events of a more severe nature as a result of climate change, and continue to build the capacity to respond to potential disasters in far flung regions of the country that could occur at the same time.

www.dhs.gov...

No warning of an impending disaster. Just that it would be a good idea for DHS to prepare for increasing weather related problems.

edit on 8/29/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So cyber attacks and an unprecedented natural disaster. OK we only get those sort of warnings with the frequency of every other months or so it seems, most of which we are warned about does not happen, of those that actually happen we are not warned about. So what else is new?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If you type, "janet napolitano warns natural disaster" into Google you will see how her transcript has been spun and what websites are doing it.

They are all the usual suspects. Counter-culture media is a hit or miss.

You are correct.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by matafuchs
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

I have always said watch the shelves at WalMart. When they start to dry up there we know we are in deep also.
edit on 29-8-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

That or there finally going out of business. Culminating in some other corps or groups taking over there business and who know maybe even upping the pay scale of WalMart employees. Yes a truly frightening thought, WalMart going under. Or it could just mean the Chinese found a bigger market for there merchandize then the good ol US of A. Nah walmart going dry only has a few meanings.

Now if there are any natural disasters going to be happening it may be the first chain stores raided as they seem to have a bit of everything in one place. Effectively making it a death trap and fighting pit amongst people for rudimentary and likely not that useful things if that were to actually happen. Which is just saying it would be a bit more chaotic then a regular day is at your local walmart.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eisegesis

Well ya I actually read that link and she said nothing which has not been said a million times before. In fact reading all that was a bit kind of like that guy when you go outside on a rainy day and its pouring everywhere, he goes up to you and says. HMM seems its raining today.
I mean gee you don't say. I almost prefer the spins as there at least more entertaining.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

And we are supposed to Believe this " Creature " Because ?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Only disasters I worried about are the man made kind.

Can't do anything about mother nature. But we can do something about man made disasters.

And DHS, and Napolitano are man made disasters.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarcartographer

Yep, and it's just a coincidence that a solar flare kill shot has the same effects as an EMP.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Here, spin this...

Published: December 14th 2012

Russian hackers will launch blitzkrieg cyber-attacks on U.S. banks next spring, security experts warn

According to a report released by internet security firm McAfee, the impending attack on banks - dubbed 'Project Blitzkrieg' - could result in millions of dollars of losses.

At least McAfee shares the information that it receives in hopes to warn us. The NSA? You can't even retrieve information about yourself without it considered a threat to national security.

The planned mass fraud campaign against 30 U.S. financial institutions set to occur next spring was announced in early September on a Russian-language hackers' forum, McAfee's report claims.

The cynical side of me want to see it happen even though good people would get affected. Put your money into small local banks if possible. My local bank has some of the nicest people ever.

He also continues to confirm several other members of the underground who have stolen money already via this Trojan, citing its success to counter arguments against the buy-in he requires,' McAfee's report says.

If this is successful, it is going to rain cats and dogs. Is that better?

Just me throwing a possible scenario out there. Russia could invite them over for tea to discuss a possible retaliation after we carpet bomb Syria. Who really knows.
edit on 29-8-2013 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

sounds like something I read recently:

www.educate-yourself.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

but we have to agree to it, and if we don't, we can defeat evil:

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
You know what...( ?) i just don't get it... I don't get it at all!!! Cyber attacks taking down Corp./Washington ect...
If you don't want certain things to be affected then don't put it on the WWW. Right??

I'm with you on that. The government already has too many communications satellites to count. They have backups for backups. They already have their own "internet". The reason the internet became public is because they developed better, more reliable, more secure methods of data communication with countless billions of our dollars. I highly doubt that they have anything vital connected to the public internet just waiting to be compromised by a foreign country or a so-called "cyber-terrorist". If they do, then they're incompetent at best.

The same goes for all the major banks and multinational corporations. They can afford the same technologies as the military, or very close, and let's face it, those are really what the government is trying to protect. They couldn't care less whether you or me are blown to pieces tomorrow. In fact, if that happens the very same government will be more than happy to do everything they can to take whatever assets you leave among the living.

Multinational corporations and government are looking out for themselves, which is why my suspicion meter jumps to "max" whenever they appear to try to help us in any way.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarcartographer

Some well known remote viewers like Ed Dames are saying a solar 'Kill Shot' could be in the works soon (this fall or early next year). That said, I'm not convinced, although there is always a very slim possibility.

www.youtube.com...
thekillshot.com...

According to Dames we are now in the time frame work for his Killshot scenario. I have often wondered if the government is preparing along these lines because of special projects like remote viewing .....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by eisegesis
reply to post by Phage

If you type, "janet napolitano warns natural disaster" into Google you will see how her transcript has been spun and what websites are doing it.

They are all the usual suspects. Counter-culture media is a hit or miss.

You are correct.

Yep. The original link one is notable in that it's not in the politics section as it should be but in the blogs section. And yep, it is indeed the usual suspects, Before It's News and the Examiner, also cycling it out.

RT is running it as well with the same "natural disaster" headline but accurately reported the segments. The closest thing that the actual speech has in relation to upcoming natural disaster is this bit:

You also will have to prepare for the increasing likelihood of more weather-related events of a more severe nature as a result of climate change, and continue to build the capacity to respond to potential disasters in far flung regions of the country that could occur at the same time.

rt.com...

Voila--climate change. That's the natural disaster and she's not kidding.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
You know what...( ?) i just don't get it... I don't get it at all!!! Cyber attacks taking down Corp./Washington ect...
If you don't want certain things to be affected then don't put it on the WWW. Right??

If you don't want to get taken advantage of or have "things" used against you... Then keep it private and stay off the high-way.

I hope some of these thieves get taken down by attacks! They deserve it! Maybe I'm simplifying things to much but I've always learned..." Keep it simple stoopid "

Why has the Internet become the end all be all for everyone? Its a great thing but as i said... If you don't want people getting hold of certain info that could destroy you or your customers then keep it off the flippin highway!!!!

Im really getting sick and tired of having my privacy put into danger because of "big brother" screw that dude!!!!
edit on 29-8-2013 by tracehd1 because: Add

Ahhh the irony in this post.

It's easy to say that isn't it....if you don't want it exposed, then remove it off the Internet!
Except, Government is accountable to the tax payer, is it not? Don't taxpayers DEMAND lower taxes? Doesn't it make logical sense that if ALL Governmental computers were taken off the Internet, then all Government services would be even slower, less efficient and less responsive than it is today?
One generally recognizes that efficiency goes hand in hand with lower production costs...translated into Government that means lower taxes! So if the Government is less efficient then it can be, that costs (taxpayers) more money - and HELL TO THAT right? Why should we pay MORE taxes for a less efficient government?

And that's the crux of it.

So it's easy to sit there and say "why are our Governmental resources exposed on the Internet!?!?! That's dumb!" and then choose to sit there and complain about taxes, terrible Gubment etc etc.

Not that i'm a fan of the current administration - but lets be honest here. Being in the Governments position it's almost always lose / lose.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join