It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phantom Menace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
As soon as I've heard the code name of this most recent and ongoing operation called "The Phantom Fury",I felt seriousely concerned.I just fail to see the reason in all what's going on in this fight (WAR) against a Phantom Enemy.This is not according to me but the great BBC.There has been recently a series of programmes called "The Power Of Nightmares".In it the word "Phantom" was more than just mentioned,it was claimed that the whole war was one phantom menace created by the goverment(s) to stop society from falling apart.The second episode called "The Phantom Victory" and the third "The Shadows In The Cave".
Could it be possible that the name choosen for this latest mission has been choosen for the purpose of countering the claims made by the BBC and go in Falluja with "Phantom Fury" and kill anything that moved or held people in it,oh yes they are ALL terrorists, Right!!
Who picks these names anyways??
p.s. sorry I have'nt been able to make the links,but they are there if one chooses to find them it's not difficult,just go to BBC's homepg,"The Power Of Nightmares".

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hi Horus Re, there's quite a good thread here on ATS concerning 'The Power Of Nightmares' series on the BBC. Here's the link. I watched all of the episodes and found it an excelent and informative series.

I don't think that the US military would name their operations in response to a BBC programme...I would doubt that they've even heard of it! More likely, I expect they refer to the nature of the insurgency in Falluja; hidden within the city, perhaps

join