It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronauts Photographs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HiddenSecrets

I have always thought of the idea of Ancient astronauts to be a little off key.

Why must they be from outer space?

IMO I think that what we are essentially talking about is the remnants of an advanced civilization.

Look to our world now. We have less technologically advanced peoples living next to far advanced cultures.

They look to technology as magic and the people wielding such power as Gods.

Look up cargo cults of WW2.
Look to the initial colonial expansion by Europe in the Americas and how the new comers were seen with wonder as gods or beings of great power. Look to us now thinking that Aliens are somehow more evolved and advanced spiritually or mentally than us and how some revere them.

Also think about it this way. If our civilization was destroyed by your favorite type of apocalypse, how do you think reconstruction would begin?

You would have a world full of technologically deprived people who used to depend on it for EVERYTHING. Suddenly most of the world population would die off. The remaining people would revert to what works best, tribal culture and natural living.

A micro chip wont feed you or protect you from animals or disease. So even the people who make micro chips won’t go back to making them. They will learn to make fire, hunt, and how to live in a harsh environment. That is also what they will teach their kids.

There will be some that can keep a higher level of civilization which they would have preserved from before the civilization ending event.

We know there was one, if we just go by the collective myths and folklore of the world. Gods fighting, a rebirth or recreation of the world, ect.

We know the Gods tended to give knowledge in all forms to the people they interacted with. Much like how we try to do now with less developed cultures.

So, IMO we are dealing with a racially and culturally different people than us who saw their entire world end. Some of these "people /Gods" managed to preserve a high level of technology and since they needed raw materials and food to support them as they transitioned from a stable life style to a chaotic one, ripe with internal conflict over the remaining technology, resources and areas of influence, they then saw primitive people as just another resource.

Like if only western Europe survived a world ending event. They would look to whomever was left for assistance in gathering food "offerings", raw material, "offerings" and a work force "offerings". They couldn’t just rebuild their world like we could not. What we have now took over 3 thousand years to achieve. If they had a more complex society that took even longer to forge, then they too might not see it as possible.

Instead they would look to guide along whoever was around that was primitive or reverted to a primitive tribal culture so as to ease the load on their shoulders.

Along the way though, they must have realized that it would NEVER be like before, and just abandoned the idea all together. Either they liked the taste of "god" status and that broke them spiritually so in fighting destroyed them further, or they just didn’t like the idea of one day integrating with the world we made.

Maybe they found some place better than earth and decided to just let us have their old stomping grounds.

Maybe they are us and have managed to hide amongst us....( what I think happened ) and are comfortable with the idea of letting us make our own mistakes so as to learn as they did. Ultimately nothing is as well learned as something learned for one’s self. No amount of "divine knowledge" is a good enough substitute to personal experience.

Look how we are just learning to overcome racial issues, religious issues, and everything else we are trying to come to terms with as a species. That would be impossible if we had little false Gods everywhere, vying for power over us and manipulating us into mind sets more aligned with their convenience than any real progress for us.

SO what you have there in those pictures is the legacy of another world. Not alien, but what was right here on our little humble planet before we climbed down from the trees.

You sir are as much an alien /God, as any of that stuff in those pictures. Your PC, trips on planes, cell phone, access to advanced medicine and everything else are as much a wonder as Teotihuacan, The great pyramids, chariots of fire, and everything else. It’s OURS though. Not theirs. Our advancements and our wonders. Maybe they even helped us along with those, but ultimately we are our world, not them.

You should watch Battle Star Galactica. Especially the Last episode. Or anything like it.

We are starting to get used to the idea. Frankly, there is no other choice. It is what this all leads to.

Maybe we will seed a world our selves one day. Maybe this one, again.

edit on 30-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by entermemo
Ok so I admittedly do not know alot about Renaissance Art (or art in general) so I could be completely missing something but . . .

Everytime someone brings up how it looks like UFO's are in Renaissance someone always posts this link . . .

www.sprezzatura.it...

However, and again I could be misinterpreting this, but I don't get how just showing other examples of clouds that look like UFO's in other paintings rules out the possibility that they could all be representing UFO's. Doesn't it just further the case of the AA theory?

"The biblical scenes are showing what is acknowledged to be the manifestation of God - there are no ifs, there are no buts about this"

The argument isn't whether or not the artists depicted the manifestation of God in the form of clouds but that God was AA and people misinterpreted them as "manifestation(s) of God. So it would make sense that we would see this come up in multiple paintings. Right?

Or am I just really confused?

I get that not every single weird looking object in the sky in these paintings is a UFO/God, for example the THE TENTURE DE LA VIE DE LA VIERGE ( www.sprezzatura.it...) is probably a heraldic symbol.

Hi, I personally use that link as it contains facts based on information contemporary to when the art was created. I think it's also important to remember that the pictures are not based on first hand information - the artist didn't actually see the event (assuming it actually occurred which is another story), and you can see how the representation changes across different schools of art and different periods of time, which again compounds the artistic license to what it is they are representing and the fact it is not likely to be a thing that the artist actually saw and incorporated into the picture.

Now, if you are saying that's all well and good, but God is actually an alien so technically it doesn't matter what you call it in the painting, it's still showing ET life whether the artist intended to..... that's a theory isn't it, but I think it's a different arguement.
edit on 30-8-2013 by uncommitted because: typo

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Most of those pictures seem pretty infamous across the internet, and for different reasons. Most of the time, it usually Jesus lovers that will post or question the pictures. Like what do aliens have to do with Jesus?

It so not much fake, nor would it be actual depictions of event s that occurred in the Nazarene story or upbringing.
As for the most part, it the usual assumption that goes with aliens that have been believed to have visited us since the dawn of civilization. Most of the medieval art is rather just blatant religious symbolism, making attempts to perceive and show what happened in the story. Supposedly most of the ships in the pictures, are glowing doves, which are meant to represent the holy spirit in the religion.

Other pictures do raise some questions such as cave or rock paintings. Especially due to the age of certain stick figured drawings.

Make you wonder if the ancients played hang man on their walls.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here is a really good and long thread with various ancient artifacts and art pieces. I believe all the ones on your link are in this thread as well.

You might enjoy it.

Ancient Anomalies and Aliens Part 1: Art

Personally I don't know what to think of these. I do find these interesting though but they could be anything. I dont think it necessarily means it's an ancient astronaut. It could be angels to them or it could have been ancient visitors.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Ok so I admittedly do not know alot about Renaissance Art (or art in general) so I could be completely missing something but . . .

Everytime someone brings up how it looks like UFO's are in Renaissance someone always posts this link . . .

www.sprezzatura.it...

However, and again I could be misinterpreting this, but I don't get how just showing other examples of clouds that look like UFO's in other paintings rules out the possibility that they could all be representing UFO's. Doesn't it just further the case of the AA theory?

If you took the time to check, you'd see that the paintings shown in the OP's link, which are small details taken from a larger painting, are explained at that site. They are common elements in the religious paintings of the time. The rock art has been discussed to death here. The gold trinkets as well - discussed, explained and dismissed.

So, exactly how is a photo of the Great Pyramid an "Ancient Astronauts photo"?

EDIT: As an example of "discussed to death," here is a very informative thread concerning the paintings that is four years older than the one Phage linked.

Harte

edit on 8/30/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
i'm confused here, since when is 400-500 years "ancient"?
most of those can be refuted by educating yourself on religious iconography. i mean it isn't like the people who painted them were unknown people from 50 thousand years ago, they were famous painters who were commissioned by the church to paint things for the church.

there are records of the commissions whether from the church or the painter.
it takes a special kind of logic gymnastics to call anything in them ufos

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Stick figures vs detailed paintings?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

www.sprezzatura.it...

If you took the time to check, you'd see that the paintings shown in the OP's link, which are small details taken from a larger painting, are explained at that site. They are common elements in the religious paintings of the time. The rock art has been discussed to death here. The gold trinkets as well - discussed, explained and dismissed.

So, exactly how is a photo of the Great Pyramid an "Ancient Astronauts photo"?

EDIT: As an example of "discussed to death," here is a very informative thread concerning the paintings that is four years older than the one Phage linked.

Harte

edit on 8/30/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

Harte,

Thanks for that ATS link, with my original profile I've been around for 5 - 6 years and I don't recall seeing that one.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join