It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosquito "Mist" Spraying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
My wife just told me that a loud truck drove by our house at 8:30 PM in Southern Missouri, scaring our son and spraying a fine mist over everything that hung around. She called the cops, the cops found them and pulled them over and evidently, they told the officer they were spraying for "mosquitos." Upon a brief internet search, I easily found that these mosquito mists are insecticides!

Who the hell is making the decision to spray neighborhoods with insecticides to control mosquitos? Can the elites not wait long enough for us to die that they have to apply insecticides directly onto every neighborhood?

I will update if I get any extra information.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by apcbm4

I live in the Houston area. We are in a drought and have not seen a mosquito all summer yet I hear the mosquito sprayer every Thursday around 8 or 9 pm. It does seem a little odd.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I thought they're supposed to warn people in advance, so that they don't get themselves, their children, and their pets caught outside being sprayed.

Also, all your beneficial insects are now probably dying. The ladybugs, the dragonflies, the bees, etc.
The birds likely aren't doing well either if they got sprayed

We'd be better off if they just let loose bats and buckets of frogs and dragonflies to eat the mosquitoes.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Did you check local newspapers for public notices and/or the local city council site for notices about spraying?

That's where they usually publish the details.

And what do you think they would be spraying to kill mosquitos if not insecticide??

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
They have sprayed twice here this summer, which has been super wet, and has bred super mosquitoes. I permanently have 5 or 6 bites at all times. Its been horrible this year.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
See also here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm sure (at least in the UK) that mosquitoes hatch out in stagnant water?
If so then would it not make much more sense to treat the water?

Given the choice I'd rather have the squito's, they might make us itch, but cancer kills!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
In my part of Florida, the county sprays for mosquitoes several times a year, it's best to just stay inside when you see the spray truck, wait an hour or 2 and the chemicals usually have settled.

As far as the poster saying "treat the stagnant water" well in theory that's a very good idea, but you won't be able to find every single stagnant source of water, as many mosquitoes can breed in the smallest amount of stagnant water. From what I see, the mist floats around the area and then settles to the ground.

If these spray trucks weren't around, we'd have a lot more cases of west nile virus, and many other nasty problems as well, so just stay inside when they spray.

edit to add: and to the posters who are saying that these insecticides are killing beneficial bugs, that is actually false as the insecticide is designed specifically to target mosquitoes. Like most insecticides, it most likely will be inert after a day or 2.
edit on 8/29/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by apcbm4

spraying for mosquitoes has been going on for YEARS. i used to live in houston and they sprayed every other week during the summer (usually at night). i've never heard of anyone being "notified".

where i live now, there is no spraying. they target standing water and treat that to kill the larvae. it's more effective than the spraying and it's not harmful. even though they can't find ALL the spots where mosquitoes would breed they find enough that it drastically reduces the number.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by apcbm4
My wife just told me that a loud truck drove by our house at 8:30 PM in Southern Missouri, scaring our son and spraying a fine mist over everything that hung around. She called the cops, the cops found them and pulled them over and evidently, they told the officer they were spraying for "mosquitos." Upon a brief internet search, I easily found that these mosquito mists are insecticides!

Who the hell is making the decision to spray neighborhoods with insecticides to control mosquitos? Can the elites not wait long enough for us to die that they have to apply insecticides directly onto every neighborhood?

I will update if I get any extra information.

They do it here in the Illinois suburbs as well, and I get sick as a dog over the next 2 days after they spray. Lungs stuffed up, can't breath, swollen face, eyes, feel sick, stomach hurts, skin rash.

Im actually moving out of here primarily not to have to deal with this crap anymore.

If it got me that sick, imagine what it does to your kids, and I'm a grown man!!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I live in Houston as well. If it wasn't for active Mosquito control our city would be inundated by Mosquitos carrying St. Louis encephalitis, Eastern equine encephalomyelitis, Western equine encephalitis virus, LaCrosse virus or West Nile encephalomyelitis. West Nile WNV and SLE are nasty viruses that can cause kidney disease, comas and sometimes death.

I grew up with those trucks spraying the neighborhoods with no ill effects that I know of. The alternative isn't something I'd want to deal with.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Why not use something natural to keep mosquitoes off of you? Here is a helpful article we can all really use to avoid getting cancer from chemical stuffs:

A Natural Mosquito Repellent that Really Works

www.healthsachoice.com...

This product also works well on ants and fleas and is free from chemicals that poison the body.

You will need to plan ahead since the cloves have to be soaked for 4 days …

Natural Survival Mosquito Spray Recipe

Ingredients:

1/2 litre of alcohol (this is approximately 17 oz)
100 gram of whole cloves or approximately 3.5oz
100 ml of baby oil or similar (almond, sesame, chamomile, lavender, fennel etc) 3.4 oz

Preparation:
Leave cloves to marinate in alcohol four days. Stir every morning and evening and after 4 days add the oil. It is now ready to use.

How to use:

Gently rub a few drops into the skin of the arms and legs. Observe the mosquitoes fleeing the room. This is excellent to repels fleas on pets too.

Another product that helps prevent Mosquitos from Biting

I have used with success for mosquitos is Shaklee Basic H. Either apply it directly to the skin (do NOT get it in the eyes) or cut it half-and-half with water. As above, it will act as a repellant. And when you come inside, it will wash right off. It’s also useful as full-strength on any insect bite to reduce itching.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Btw...I might be side stepping the issue of the article, but upon my research into CLOVES as per my post above, I found out something interesting about this spice:

Facts About Cloves You Need To Know!

articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Clove has lots of healing properties...

Toothache

The use of a clove in toothache decreases pain. It also helps to decrease infection due to its antiseptic properties. Clove oil, applied to a cavity in a decayed tooth, also relieves toothache.

Digestive disorders

Cloves promote enzymatic flow and boost digestive functioning. They are used in various forms of gastric irritability and dyspepsia. Licking the powder of fried cloves mixed with honey is effective in controlling vomiting. The anesthetic action of clove helps in dealing with stomach pain and stops vomiting.

Coughs

Chewing a clove with a crystal of common salt eases expectoration, relieves the irritation in the throat . Chewing a burnt clove is also an effective medicine for coughs.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
One more side note....OFFICIALLY MY 3000th post on ATS!

Whoooot Whooot!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Thank you Sky
I bookmarked that link, being rural, the mosquitos are huge and plenty.

I rely on dragonflies and frogs. I just looked up "bats in northern Alberta" and we have them. I guess I was thinking it was too cold.

I'm going to look into putting up bat houses next year

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sorry for the slow update as I'm new at work and having to put in extra time. It turned out that my wife didn't actually call the cops, but chased the truck down herself to ask what they were doing! It sounded like it was a truck from the city.

My issue with the matter is with my chemistry background. I know that any kind of pesticide, herbicide, insecticide, etc. is a nerve toxin that damages our brains (and especially for developing children). Even if you stay inside, you still have A/C systems drawing the pesticide into your house through the air intakes.

I did not think to check in the papers - I will have to try that, but it still seems very suspect in the middle of a heat wave with no recent rain at all.

Another heads up - at one of my previous jobs, they sprayed in our office, and after I started protesting when they started, the tech told me it was "chrysanthemum" based. However, after searching the internet, it appears that it is actually a synthetic version of a chrysanthemum-based chemical, so it is probably just as likely to be toxic (which it would have to be to kill insects).

The whole thing just screams out to me as another example of the control freaks in charge. I understand concerns about mosquitos, but so many of the ways the elites control us are through fear-based promotions, so I never worry about the things that are unlikely to affect me like the whole H1N1 flu scare.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

And thanks for the link Aloysius, I will check that out later.

top topics

join