It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaiah 17:1 - "Damascus will be utterly destroyed"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
"A prophecy against Damascus: "See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins."

biblehub.com...

This is starting to get creepy. Maybe Syria gets backpack nuked by the "rebels" and then blamed on iran?

Then you have Jeremiah 49:23-27.
edit on 28-8-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
God help us, if it does materialize,
in the next few days,,"Isaiah 17:1 - "Damascus will be utterly destroyed""

and people still go "meh,so what,it was a lucky coincidence,,,",,then i think, ,that is when,,stronger measures would then be ,,implimented,,,BUT, if like what happened too Russia after the "The Vision of June 13, 1929"

("The moment has come in which God asks the Holy Father to make, and to order that in union with him and at the same time, all the bishops of the world make the consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart, promising to convert it because of this day of prayer and worldwide reparation."",

,and people , see that , the WORD of God, in Scripture, is just as relevent today,,and repent,,then maybe we can all get through this,, without , the "utterly destroyed" part.
How?,,by Prayer of course.

Its funny that i agree with Mr. Putin on this one,,,any man that would eat another persons, liver/heart,,live for the camera,,then publish it on u-tube,, probably pushed the button.crossed the line.has too go.
because if they would push the button on bio,, they will push it on Nuclear,,,remember some people just like too watch things burn.

edit on 28-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Just as Ezekiel 38-39 tells of the recent coup in Egypt. An ancient Hebrew prophet foretells a future war in which a large Islamic army will march against a reconstituted Israel. It's just too bad 1 of if not the oldest city in the world Damascus could turn to ruins.
edit on 28-8-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Why would Iran nuke Syria? They are allies of Syria.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This isn't prophecy coming true. We just have a bunch of religious nutcases in charge that think if they make it look like the prophecy is coming true then it really will happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Well I know a bit about Biblical Eschatology.

It could be argued that Isaiah 17:1 is the last major Biblical prophecy that leads to the "end"

Also, its more likely Israel that will go nuts and nuke Damascus for something, I would guess a chemical attack there would do that.

The bible makes clear during the end NO country will help Israel, something I could see the US doing if Israel went and Nuked Damascus with out our Approval.

That would lead to the Gog and Magog war, with Russia, Iran Etc attacking Israel with no help from the US.

Again thats if you look into the Eschatology, and falls in line with many commentators on the matter.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
This isn't prophecy coming true. We just have a bunch of religious nutcases in charge that think if they make it look like the prophecy is coming true then it really will happen.

Even a self fulfilling prophecy has merit, If anything if people in charge are following a play book to manipulate us, It helps to have knowledge of their play book yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
To be honest

I'm currently sitting in A&E with my mum about to undergo an emergency procedure

Let Damascus be destroyed

Who cares ? It's not like any of us are going to do anything to stop it.

Keyboard warriors rejoice and be prepared to say I told you so.............................What then ?

Just a thought

A very tired Cody

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

to blame Israel and cause the world to gather against it just like in revelations?
edit on 28-8-2013 by modified device because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2013 by modified device because: because sometimes I forget how to count to potato.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by modified device
reply to post by buster2010

to blame Israel and cause the world to gather against it just like in revelations?
edit on 28-8-2013 by modified device because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2013 by modified device because: because sometimes I forget how to count to potato.

Seems more likely that Israel would, intentionally, do that on their own, should they experience retaliations for meddling in affairs that are of no business of theirs.

Which they have a history of doing.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

What would that accomplish? Who are the religious nut-cases in charge?

edit on 28-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
"A prophecy against Damascus: "See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins."

biblehub.com...

This is starting to get creepy. Maybe Syria gets backpack nuked by the "rebels" and then blamed on iran?

Then you have Jeremiah 49:23-27.
edit on 28-8-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

I have some further detain on this in this thread from December 2012: Damascus Thread

What I tried to see a year ago, when all of this started happening, was where the walled city of Ephriam was located. I know that Aram represents the Armenians that are safe in Israel today. Jordan will also be affected greatly. This also fits in with Egypt in Isaiah 19 and the Egypt Apocalypse Prophecy from Hermes. I did a thread on that topic here:

Egypt Apocalypse Prophecy

I am glad you are showing the significance of this. Star and Flag.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Damascus is the oldest continuously occupied city in the world. At what point do you start to see that the Bible has predicted all of this, including the tyranny of world government. It even calls them the Builders (Masons) who reject the chief cornerstone. What is the CHIEF cornerstone? The Capstone, not the lower stone. At every level, the Bible has this correct, even so far as to predict our current financial collapse as our sign to watch for.

Money Changers and the Financial Tables truned to debt...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Who are these religious nutcases you are talking about?

explain.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

What would that accomplish? Who are the religious nut-cases in charge?

edit on 28-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

Comes by.

Posts a character attack.

Then disappears without responding to anyone.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I do believe things are heating up and we are on the cusp of seeing some very serious Biblical prophecy come to pass.

Also fascinating is that the ancient list of names in the Bible have formed their modern day alliance with the exception of one.

We're also quickly approaching the blood moon triads.

Something is astir methinks. Interesting times we are witnessing.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Yup I knew this about four days ago and have contacted a religious leader about the matter. I keep worrying about Russia response

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Certainly looks like the final chapter to me.
This is worse then I have ever seen it in my life time and all the stage has been set.

Russia and China have stepped up their warnings against military intervention in Syria, with Moscow saying any such action would have "catastrophic consequences" for the region.

www.bbc.co.uk...
Gog and Magog

UPDATED: August 26, 2013 NO. 35 AUGUST 29, 2013
Militaries for Peace
China and Russia conduct routine joint military drills for the protection of regional peace and stability
www.bjreview.com.cn...

Iran: 'Thousands of missiles' to rain on Israel
Threatens massive strike if military action launched on Syria
www.wnd.com...

Excerpted from Washington Free Beacon: Russian officials this week carried out a secret inspection of the U.S. strategic missile defense base in California as part of the New START arms treaty, according to Obama administration officials.
patdollard.com...

''Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. . .And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.'' (Zechariah 14:3,12)

pray

Collapse reported on Jerusalem’s Temple Mount
www.washingtontimes.com...

Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’spoken of through the prophet Daniel let the reader understand

As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

edit on 093131p://bWednesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Here's a little something I found:

Whats the meaning of Damascus - this whole page is insightful but there are copy pages elsewhere on the web.

Some historical sources say that the name of Damashaq (Damascus) is derived from the Aramaic word (dam shaq) which means a town built on the rock where the blood of Mash, the fourth son of Aram Bin Sam Bin Noah, flowed soon after a heavy blow by his brother Aws deeply cut Mash’s head.

There is something to be said for a name. It's nickname is the eye of the whole east. What over there looks eye-like? I'm reminded of the cube that holds the black stone in Mecca. Damascus was the pit-stop before Mecca in Roman times.

Another word digging could mean dam - red (like adam means a man) and shaq can mean something like lightning. Make that what you want, red lightning?

Wikipedia: Black Stone

The Stone has suffered desecrations and significant damage over the centuries. It is said to have been struck and smashed to pieces by a stone fired from a catapult during the Umayyad siege of Mecca in 683.

Oh look at this. It might be said that one translation of the name in that verse, the eye may have already been smashed. Now what to do with the Bible perspective? As a fulfilled prophecy from a previous war or are we still waiting for something to be fulfilled in a future war? Was the verse a little off when it jumped from languages into English, was it a prophetically symbolic statement, or was it specifically for the precise Damascus?

What can be done with that other than the dooming?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It is not a matter of whether or not it will happen, but when it will happen. When it does happen, some will have ears to hear the truth from Isaiah 17, but many will say it is coincidence or self-fulfilling. Neverless it is one of the oldest cities on the planet and one of the few biblical prophesies yet to be fulfilled.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join