It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would americans do ( scenario )

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a lot of people would give up.

a lot of people wouldn't know how to react and would be forced to give up, similar to what you see on "Cops".

some few people with the forsight and the dilligence to do it, would fight. and they would keep fighting until they are the last standing, but they would not become terrorists and target civilians. they would target military operations.

i know where this is going too, but i have something to say about that. although the insurgent forces in Iraq have lately been targeting military and Iraqi police, they originally started by targeting anyone. they also are still kidnapping and taking hostages and planning to behead them or kill them some other way. now, in my honest opinion, i think these are two very separate forces taking these actions. i think the insurgents are more militarily minded, while the terrorists are sticking to what they know, but both forces need to be stopped.

another scenario:

a force invades the US and takes power by destroying some infrastructure and deposing our president and government. france sends hundreds of thousands of people into the US to fight that invading force with terrorist actions and guerrilla warfare. 2 separate groups, one a terrorist group, one a guerrilla group (there IS a difference, by the way). what do we do then?

well, we side with the guerrilla group to fight the invasion, most of us, some of us actually fight, some of us try to keep people safe, some of us watch it on TV, some of us leave the country, some of us try diplomacy, some of us just give up and are led to slaughter. the ones that fight continue to grow and eventually, it becomes a real war, with one country against another. eventually we see applications of old-style war: scorched-earth policy, close combat, trenches, etc. a lot of people will die if it is an inflexible invading force, a lot, likely, a couple million, and it will take years, but the people of the US will likely win even with only a small fraction of the populace fighting.

if it were a large enough force invading with a definite sovereign leadership, that forces country would be destroyed before they'd get more than a few miles beyond our border. it is an extremely unlikely scenario, but a good discussion, nonetheless.

now, even my scenario doesn't compare to Iraq, because, there are much fewer people in the US that want to see it invaded and turned into another form of government than there are in Iraq that want to see Saddam gone and democracy put in his place. this is a major factor, because rather than being those that gave up, they are those that took up police jobs and welcomed the US into Iraq. they also help to spread positive ideals about the invasion, possibly influence some on the fence and some on the other side of the fence.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Bodrul, I think I see where you're trying to head with your original leading question; are you trying to get people to see a different angle regarding Israel - i.e the Pallestinian cause, by applying the same circumstances to a hypothetical scenario in America?

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Paul]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Bodrul, why did you direct this question to Americans? All you have done is trivialise your point. Now all you will get are replies from your everyday American "patriots". You should of directed this question to everybody.

Of course, if my nation was occupied i would give my every effort, and my life, in resistance. Most people on this planet would.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul
Bodrul, I think I see where you're trying to head with your original leading question; are you trying to get people to see a different angle regarding Israel - i.e the Pallestinian cause, by applying the same circumstances to a hypothetical scenario in America?

that was the idea

Originally posted by esdad71
I am showing through history that no matter what happened, who invaded, and how many of our own died, we would fight till the death. The scenario would not change.

one reaction that i was expecting

[edit on 12-11-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
In a scenario basis, if they were setting up democratic elections I would use this time of turmoil to try and bring people together, get into and involved in the government and get myself into an elected office.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by Paul

that was the idea

I thought so! Its a good way of getting your point accross, I think.
If such a scenario took place here, and Country X (for exaple) invaded the UK and displaced and oppressed its citizens, I'd fight for the home and freedom that my grandfather and great-grandfathers fought for last century. Id be absolutely determined to remove the oppressors from my home, just like Americans would do, just like people of any country would do, just like Pallestinians are doing.
Of course, the leaders and media in Country X would call me a terrorist and an insurgent, and would feed propoganda to their population, so that citizens of Country X would also call me an insurgent terrorist.

That said though, I wouldn't strap a bomb to myself and blow up a bus full of people, or support a group that would even think about talking about thinking about doing that. That would be deplorable. Thats where the Pallestinians have got it horrifically wrong, but that's another can of worms for another discussion!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volkgeister
Bodrul, why did you direct this question to Americans? All you have done is trivialise your point. Now all you will get are replies from your everyday American "patriots". You should of directed this question to everybody.

Of course, if my nation was occupied i would give my every effort, and my life, in resistance. Most people on this planet would.

im not realy good at asking questions or explaining things

this is the reason for my topic ( while its fresh in my head )

each time i look at topics its mostly one sided
where the people who post dont have a clue or use the deffence from
news clips or other sources that almost one sided.

the thing is they dont know how it feels like to be in the other persons shoes that they are talking about, yet they think they know everything about whats going on.

in this thread i wanted to see what people would do if this scenario happend and what their reactions would be.

thus showing that everyone is the same deep down if forced into the same position.

sorry if it doesnt make sence ( as i said i am rubbish at explaining things )

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

what would americans do ( scenario )
1. your country has been invaded by a greater force
2. you have lost your homes
3. family and friends killed
4. the only weapons you have are no match for them
5. you have been pushed into poverty
so what would americans do?

First off I don't believe that could ever happen. But let's just say for the questions sake it did...........
I've lived 8 years without electricity.... so I know how to survive. Believe me it hasn't been a piece of cake either. One time the temperature was hanging towards 120 F, for two weeks straight! If my area was invaded than I have the advantage no matter what weapons *they* have. I know every nook and cranny around here. It's a matter of getting them first. I wouldn't go down, with a fight. And according to your scenario what would you have to lose?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
1. The US is not filled with Rednecks. So Sick of this #....
2. Who has EMP weapons that strong who have the ability to invade the US?
3. Foreclosure of homes is a greater threat than nuclear holucaust
4. If you feel as a country we are going to hell, move to France. We need patriotism here now in America...

1. Yes it is
2.The Country that is invading the US
3.No, 2000 nuclear bombs has a greater effect than Foreclosure's
4.No, I like it hear for now and I do plan on moving and its not to France.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is absolutely something for us to consider:imagine

If this doesnt turn your gut, i dont know what will.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is just my observation....

It seems that there are a few Americans here that are quite sure that they would fight any occupation. I wonder how many of the same people can understand another nations people doing the same thing....perhaps Iraqi's

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Volkgeister]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It seems that there are a few Americans here that are quite sure that they would fight any occupation. I wonder how many of the same people can understand another nations people doing the same thing....perhaps Iraqi's

I thinks that's what the thread author is trying to get at.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I summised as much

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Great Discussion!!!
However, let me just say this:

If the US were invaded it would be suicide for the invading party! They would be invading to most armed/balls out nation in the world!

Either just send 1,500 nukes our way and just incinerate us, .......or DIE trying to invade us!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Light
Great Discussion!!!
However, let me just say this:

If the US were invaded it would be suicide for the invading party! They would be invading to most armed/balls out nation in the world!

Either just send 1,500 nukes our way and just incinerate us, .......or DIE trying to invade us!!!

thats why its called a scenario ( read what i said )
i didnt say the US would be inavaded

but what would happen if that happens ( just read what i said )

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Son of light, no doubt we would retaliate, but in the meantime, we would lose all our freedoms- scary thought.
read this:story

This is what could happen

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
1. your country has been invaded by a greater force
2. you have lost your homes
3. family and friends killed
4. the only weapons you have are no match for them
5. you have been pushed into poverty

so what would americans do?

Okay so we have to assume that somehow all of the above came to pass. And we have to start with the above situation. Its quite easy to say what Americans would do.

First we would intergrate into whatever the ruling society demanded of us. Then a subversive element in society would begin plotting how to retake the goverment from the inside out. Since after all look at the percentage of diabolical, coniving politicos that we have, not to mention the underground militia members, ex service men and women etc. They would have to conduct a major genocide operation to rid the Country of eveyone who would poss a threat to ensure an underground rebellion could not be formed. But I highly doubt that could pull something like that off. Americans would not be led to the slaughter, The American history is filled with immigrents who either survived or their familys had survived the terrors of the German genocide campagin. That along with the beheading video etc I doubt many Americans will go peacefully. So knowing this an occupier would have to treat the civilian population with an easy hand. Since I would think it would next to impossible to land a military force in large enough numbers to provide a statistical advantage to the entire population of the United States. They can take the goverment away and key infrastructure and control the banking and regulate the food but they can not control over 250 Million people that want to take their Country back.

I think you would have a large portion of the population that would "play along" with the occupiers. This is something that the Iraqi "freedom fighters" dont understand. We would be pacifists at first, unless the occupiers were willfully killing civilians. These people that would like they are betraying our Nation would become close to the inner workings of the occupying Goverment (think Allawi in Iraq) and once we had enough people involved in the goverment structure we would organize a day of "awakening" and all across the Country the people would riot and mass and overrun every place of power in their local communtiy. The insiders would kill and capture the occupiers that have thought of them as friends. And in bloody battles across this Nation, the American people would regain control of their Land. And will begin the process of rebuilding.

It would take a MASSIVE super power beyond what even the United States could pull together to put our Nation in that scenario though. So the risk is very minimal that the American people would ever face that kind of situation. We are more in danger of being sold out by our own Goverment to Mexico and South America then we are from a Forgien Aggressor. A slow trickle of illegal aliens being absorbed into our communtiies until they are at the breaking point. Forcing normal Americans to move from their own homes, to relocate to other states and if the state or fed continue on this destructive path the American people will reach a breaking point between the Goverment allowing it to happen and the people of this Nation being sick of the onslaught of illegal aliens. So much that I am sure individual states would seek to succeed , thus your "civil war" may truely come to pass.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Because it's just like Israel and Palestine.

What would you think would happen? Would we all lay down and play dead? Or would the invaded States population all fight to the death, taking out 2 of 'them' for every one of us killed?

Would we put bombs on our backsides and run into buses filled with *their* kids and wives and detonate them? Would we plot nuclear terrorism on the INVADERS to the USA? Probably, yes, definltely -- SO WHAT?

What does your question really RAISE as a point or really EXPOSE that is interesting?

Your question is useless as conversation, quite literally cannon fodder as interesting, talkative material.

Your question -- in fact -- exists only to provoke quick-tempered responses and thusly justify the internal opinion you obviously have on the United States of America. You fail to realize that opinions here -- which is what you will end up getting -- are useless except to further produce information for your own means, probably being a justification of internal hate that you have for the US of A.

Thus, our opinion grows as well -- of you -- and your motives.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You underestimate the states. If some other country were able to invade us, the resistance you see from the M.E. would be considered a joke compared to what would happen here.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Volkgeister]

"If".........the United States was ruled by a ruthless dictator, like Saddam I would welcome an occupation to help us. However, we are not..... We have freedom so any occupation invading the United States would be a threat to our freedom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join