It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explaining the reasoning behind transsexualism, as I see it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
With how strict gender roles are in our society...

As a guy, if you think more like a girl, you have two choices - pretend to think like a guy and develop issues, or think like a girl and get yelled at.

As a guy who is interested in girls at the same time, because he isn't gay, that can cause problems, because of our dating culture being set up under the false assumption that there should be rigid rules based on body parts instead of gender perspective.

It's not like there is necessarily a healthy environment to develop the social skills needed to court someone of the opposite sex but of the wrong yin . yang polarity.

Of course, these are just my thoughts on the issue. As for me personally, it could apply to me, but it also might not, I mean I've switched between heavily conservative and heavily liberal cultures so many times, and the gender roles are kinda different in them overall, and I've had awesome gay friends, tran friends, straight friends, some friends in the closet,

I haven't been looking for years.

I even have a Mormon gay friend who is engaged to a girl whom I think is a lesbian, and they promote gay advocacy in the church.

Also, I might end up coming off as bigoted or something even though I am talking about this in a positive manner, so see? Who knows what my experience is. Obviously confusing, although I mean, honestly, who isn't at least a bit confused?
edit on 28-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I even have a Mormon gay friend who is engaged to a girl whom I think is a lesbian, and they promote gay advocacy in the church.

Wow that's quite strange to be honest. Most LGBT LDS members I have known left the Church as soon as they could.

Quite bold of them to remain members and actually advocate inclusion in the church. They have a pretty tough battle though, one I honestly don't see them winning. Though they can just start their own denomination of Mormonism/Christianity and just be done with it

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Growing up, the majority of my neighborhood friends were female. Even to this day I "think" more like a woman. It helps and hurts. It helps in that I can anticipate how a woman feels, and respond accordingly. It hurts because I don't have that aggressive/caveman mentality that women find so appealing.

I have gay friends, straight friends ...

I find that gay people "find the fun" in life more than straight people. Have you ever gone to a gay nightclub?!
I've never had such a good time dancing, BS'ing and having drinks. Gay bars always have better dance music, better drinks, and usually....a ton of straight chicks! (ssssshhhh! it's my secret!)

I've never had a problem being hit on. Although they will tease and play around with me because they know I'm straight. I dish it right back at them, and we all laugh.
edit on 28-8-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
yaaaaas gurl, we live hunty!

speaking as a Gay male who does Drag and is accused of 'wanting' to be a girl, it's not true, i do enjoy Drag, i enjoy the art, and i love wearing the makeup and the heels and being glamorous, and sometimes dark, and being able to alter my persona and character and perform

all that aside, i know i am not a women, i wasn't born a Women, and i don't believe i should have been born a Women, yes i am more effeminate, and out of drag i wear eye makeup,but not all Queens do,

i believe many have a hard time disassociating the the Mind and Body and Genetics in general, now i don't claim any knowledge in Genetics and genes, but just because you have a Male/Female body doesn't mean the Genetics or the Brain match up

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Darth

For you

Cody

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
There are really too many reasons for transsexualism for it to fit under one reason.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yaaas gurl!

i don't know if anyone will find a 'reason' or 'proof' that their theory is correct, i don't know why i was Born this way or why someone is born a Transsexual, or why you were born straight, i don't know if there has to be a exact explanation, but we are all Human

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Hit the nail on the head Darth

Regardless of race, creed, colour, sexual orientation, politics etc.

We are all human and to embrace difference is to deny ignorance

Cody

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Call your self metro sexual. Problem solved!

Fighting with the yourself is the difficult part.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

If that's directed at me

Nah I just call myself Cody

When I look in the mirror I smile, why ? I like me

Cody

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Oh no, it was a general statement for the people that are battling in the middle. If you have yourself figured out, then that is perfect!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

darth prime, you are one of my favorite members here. I never realized you did drag until I looked at your status thing a while back. I can say this about most gay and trans- gendered I know, you guys are really fun to be around, usually know what real hardship and conflict is about, and as such are very strong people. That is not even speaking about the welcoming nature you guys have towards all people. I see a deep understanding of human nature in the way you guys carry your selves.

I see no dysfunction of any kind.

You rock.

edit on 29-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sex = biological differences between male and female

Gender = CULTURALLY defined roles assigned to someone based on their sex.

Transsexualism is nothing more than someone having a different personality and taste than what their culture tells the they should have.

We all have different tastes and personalities no matter what our sex is. It took us a while to accept women dressing in pants and participating in what is normally viewed as male activities, and we rarely place labels on them. Eventually we will accept men who enjoy dressing and participating in actives that are identified with females.

Tadman, if I could give you more stars I would. I whole hardheartedly agree with your post.
edit on 29-8-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
yaaaaas gurl, we live hunty!

speaking as a Gay male who does Drag and is accused of 'wanting' to be a girl, it's not true, i do enjoy Drag, i enjoy the art, and i love wearing the makeup and the heels and being glamorous, and sometimes dark, and being able to alter my persona and character and perform

all that aside, i know i am not a women, i wasn't born a Women, and i don't believe i should have been born a Women, yes i am more effeminate, and out of drag i wear eye makeup,but not all Queens do,

i believe many have a hard time disassociating the the Mind and Body and Genetics in general, now i don't claim any knowledge in Genetics and genes, but just because you have a Male/Female body doesn't mean the Genetics or the Brain match up

Im a girl, and growing up i was quite the tomboy, loved playing sports/wearing sports clothes etc - Used to get so much # from people accusing me of wanting to be a boy because i liked sports and didnt think much of girl's clothes. Even as a toddler i had an automatic dislike for skirts/dresses because i thought them to revealing. People never took any of that into account, just assumed i was "confused"

I can only look back in my 20's and laugh, those people were idiots.

top topics

join