It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Transfiguration of Miley Cyrus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb

Very well said. As we know, pedophilia is a rampant problem in Hollywood. I think that you're right when you conclude this is another form of that debauchery. Thanks for the insight.

There are more documented cases of pedophilia within the churches in the past 20 years than there has been in the history of Hollywood. I lost you when you commented on how you are a man of faith.. and then blabbed on. Miley Cyrus is almost 21, pedophilia does not apply here. She is also worth over $150 million dollars so she is not being used without appropriate recompense. I read posts from people like you on this site all the time and you always go after the "goods" not the buyers of said goods. You should really be aiming your rant at the people who are spending their hard earned dollars to support the companies and this girl.. not the girl herself. She is a performer, she is doing her job and apparently she is doing it extremely well to get such a rise out of you.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

Yes. Hate the sin, not the sinner.

I have no idea what that actually means. But it sounds very religious and lays blame at no-ones doorstep

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Not rocket science....look at briney, x-tina, madonna before them. Same template. To say "oh she grew up and is rebellious now" is laughable. She's doing just as she is told.

Anybody seriously look at Hollywood/Music Industry? Its kind of scary with nothing normal about it. You think talent and hard work will get you primetime superbowl/VMA shows? Keep dreaming.

Hollywood, the music industry, and "the elite" are on some occult sh*t plain and simple. It does indeed seem "satanic", and it goes beyond just money.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

I think shes 20? And she's acting ridiculous. Do some people of her age act the same way? Yes. Do they influence thousands of pre-teens? No.

She has responsibility whether she asked for it or not. If she wants to act that way.. don't do it on live television against a man who is married with children.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

You have considerably more than Miley Cyrus to be worried about, yet, your attention is completely on a prepubescent teen.

What does THAT say about this country??? What does that say about YOU???

If you want to be upset, be angry at the people who write Miley's checks. This is the "pop industry," and I will tell you this...the "artists" have no more control over what their PUBLICISTS and LABELS FORCE them to do than YOU HAVE over the functions of the sun.

They're owned property. They were owned as "innocent little children," and they're owned as adults.

There's a bigger problem here that you're NOT SEEING, and it might be intentional.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SuicideKing33

Seem obvious doesn't it. It has been operating along the same line for decades. Sex and drugs.

Most of the audience in today's world is not looking for talent, it's sensation.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

Do you REALLY THINK that Miley has "control" over this?

If so, then you need to seriously educate yourself about Hollywood and the entertainment industry.

She didn't create this routine...her choreographers and publicists did. She didn't write her music, a writer did. She has ZERO CONTROL over her performances. The music industry is just like hollywood...contrived and planned before Miley had ever known about it. She is merely the "instrument."

Let me ask you something...do you think Obama writes his own speeches? DO YA???

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdyam

Originally posted by BBobb

Very well said. As we know, pedophilia is a rampant problem in Hollywood. I think that you're right when you conclude this is another form of that debauchery. Thanks for the insight.

There are more documented cases of pedophilia within the churches in the past 20 years than there has been in the history of Hollywood. I lost you when you commented on how you are a man of faith.. and then blabbed on. Miley Cyrus is almost 21, pedophilia does not apply here. She is also worth over $150 million dollars so she is not being used without appropriate recompense. I read posts from people like you on this site all the time and you always go after the "goods" not the buyers of said goods. You should really be aiming your rant at the people who are spending their hard earned dollars to support the companies and this girl.. not the girl herself. She is a performer, she is doing her job and apparently she is doing it extremely well to get such a rise out of you.

Um...I agree with everything you said except for your comparison of the entertainment industry and the church.

Let me just say...one actually FEEDS the other. Hollywood is far more rampant with pedophilia than most are aware. Keep in mind, all of these things are institutions, and institutions are meant for one thing...Institutionalization.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NewEye77

No need for hostility. I find your theories interesting. I like reading about the whole Illuminati thing. And i do understand the entertainment business. Don't treat me like a fool, i'm not.

I just don't believe what she did was 100% routine. I don't think she was forced in to 100% of her performance. Perhaps a good deal.. but not 100%

PS. if you're going to say such things i'd like some evidence. I mean, i understand the Illuminati conspiracy and find it interesting and more than likely based in a LOT of truth.... but in separate cases... you can't say Miley isn't to blame to an extent.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Please get a real life and stop making idols out of pop stars and actors. And as a "man of faith" you should be ashamed of yourself for treating "celebrities" as gods or demi-gods.
I am glad your "idols" are letting you down.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
what happened to the videos
unable to see them ...
therefore I cannot comment constructively ....

Transfiguration = Ho

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

This is the story of Miley Cyrus and her problem is not the music industry.

Her problem, is that she's a spoiled little brat, whose parents didn't do their due diligence.

~Tenth

Tenth,

The age of materialism.

I hate to say it but this is just a reflection of the entire western world and the majority of families these days.

Parents both work, kids raise themselves.

Parents divorced kids raise themselves.

Single mothers work, kids raise self.

Single fathers work, kids raise self.

Parents whether single or together don't spend quality time with their children these days.

Our society/ people are disconnected because of their self-centered agenda's, The "Miley Cyrus Syndrome" gains huge momentum because it reflects that, not because some evil doers at the top are creating monsters.

If society was really offended by it then it would stop, just like the wars being wage, if the moral majority was in enough pain, disgust, anger, and chaos then they would change things, but the fact is everyone is comfortable with their current way of life.

Peace,

RT

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Ah yes, Miley "The Virus" Cyrus. She joins an ever growing list of grody, skanky, evil female celebrities. (That isn't to say the male celebs get off the hook.) It really does seem that these icky sacks of entrails sell their souls to Satan for fame and fortune. It would appear from how they behave that they wish to be worshiped as gods and godesses. The very notion of "teen idol" or any vernacular that includes "idol" is just that. Perverse worship of a HUMAN BEING. I remember even in my brief life of 30 years that what used to be character worthy of adoration is now considered to be "uncool" or "lame." Instead what is considered worthy is outright evil filth. America is gross.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy

I think shes 20? And she's acting ridiculous. Do some people of her age act the same way? Yes. Do they influence thousands of pre-teens? No.

She has responsibility whether she asked for it or not. If she wants to act that way.. don't do it on live television against a man who is married with children.

Remember, we are talking about the MTV Awards. The bastion of purity that has previously brought us numerous family friendly acts such as the Britney Spear/Madonna tongue kiss, the Lady Gaga meat suit, etc...The entire point of the performance was to be outrageous, edgy and controversial.

Insofar as her being an influence on pre-teens, yeah, so? Parents should know what the MTV awards entail and if they let their kids watch such things, then that is a parenting fail; not an "artist" failure.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
why would anyone think anything different was going to happen?

She's 21. She shouldn't be selling her "appeal" to children any more. It had to end one way or another. What...were they supposed to let her keep doing chilldren's # into her 40's?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Bunch of prudes in this thread. One of the biggest problems in Americans' mentalities is the demonization of sex. It's like America has this morbid fear of looking at it in public. Yet, it has been proven time and again that Americans secretly LOVE to watch it (and definitely like to perform it). Sex is a natural act no matter how it is performed. A barely clothed woman isn't something to be ashamed of but celebrated. She is comfortable in her skin.

Oh no! A child star has grown up and decided that she likes the same thing every other person in this country enjoys! Our country is going down the tubes!

Sheesh, Americans get so upset at the visualization of something that produces life (sex), but don't blink an eye at the visualization of something that destroys life (violence). You guys need to go find something better to complain about. So Cyrus' fans may become a little more sexualized as a result of this. So what? They are mostly likely around the same age as her, college age. Guess what happens in college. They most likely didn't need her sexcapade on television to come to these conclusions anyways. A night at a frat party would do more towards that.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Give any teenager or pre-teen millions of dollars and the ability to make millions of dollars and see which way they go. Money corrupts all who has it, and those who seek it. Do you think Bill Gates was normal when he was broke or normal now? Same thing with Spears, a lil kid with the money in the bank and adulthood around the corner.... Adulthood+money= crazy acts of all kinds. Lohan, I could keep on going and going. Money corrupts all who achieve wealth. You didnt get wealthy without stepping on a few folks along the way. There does'nt need to be a grand scheme behind her or the others actions.....ever raised a teenager? Ever raised one that was worth millions?

Mine were as broke as convicts..yet still they acted out in the same ways. Plus Ms.Cyrus aint all that..But that young lady has a damn tongue that Gene Simmons is jealous of!!
edit on 30-8-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

There is nothing wrong with sex. In fact, it is one of the most beautiful things in creation. However, it was designed for a husband and wife to share a special union of intimacy that was physical and spiritual that made them "one." Also, it created life, a mirror of how the Creator created us.
What our society has done is trivialize sex and turn it into an animal thing. It's no longer special. Like putting on pants. Juts something you do casually. By increments, we have simultaneously began to strip the beauty and specialness from sex, and in turn replaced that with a similar cultish worship much like pagans and their fertility orgies. Simply put, the act has been perverted and the meaning destroyed.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy

Maybe Thicke should have thought about that during rehearsal, after-all he is older.

Lookie here, Big Freedia says she needs lessons
www.breitbart.com...
edit on 013131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackSparrow17
reply to post by Krazysh0t

There is nothing wrong with sex. In fact, it is one of the most beautiful things in creation. However, it was designed for a husband and wife to share a special union of intimacy that was physical and spiritual that made them "one." Also, it created life, a mirror of how the Creator created us.
What our society has done is trivialize sex and turn it into an animal thing. It's no longer special. Like putting on pants. Juts something you do casually. By increments, we have simultaneously began to strip the beauty and specialness from sex, and in turn replaced that with a similar cultish worship much like pagans and their fertility orgies. Simply put, the act has been perverted and the meaning destroyed.

Turn into an animal thing? That's pretty funny considering that most animals in the world perform sex as well. Some even perform sex for fun. Some perform same gender sex. I really didn't want to touch on it, but you brought religion into this, so I'll elaborate on that now. The reason Americans are all prudes is BECAUSE of Christianity and religion. Trust me I'd rather worship sex like the pagans
rather than violence which is not only tolerated but celebrated. Because the horrors of anal sex and orgies are totally what is destroying society, not the blind fixation on violence and suffering. This thread is just a mirror of how Americans have the wrong priorities.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join