It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How you met your mate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I am interested in stories about how you folks met your mate (spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc).

Since it is my bright idea, I will go first:

I worked in a mental hospital on an admissions unit. On another unit my sister worked. Same shift, same types of patients (we had 2 admissions units). From time to time you would get "pulled" to another unit that was shorthanded. On my pulls to my sisters unit I noticed this super cute, short, plump mexican girl with a big ol' donkey. I was smitten (as this is right up my alley).

Over the weeks I would "check her out" when I worked over there. I didn't know much about her, but I sure did like looking at her. Apparently without me knowing, she felt the same.

One day I was walking through her unit to get something. She nudged my sister and said, "Ive seen him around....who is he?" My sister responded with, "Oh....thats my brother".

So there was a unit party happening a couple of days later, and my future wife arranged for my sister to get me to the party. At first I wasn't going to go (I had recently left a really bad relationship), but finally went after my friends kept hassling me.

We hit it off immediately. So immediately that we left the party (that she was hosting) to go hang out alone. The next morning she was mortified as she left my house. She later told me that she had no idea why she stayed the night, but that she was terrified to think of what my opinion must have been.

A few days later she was leaving for break at the same time as me, and invited me to go with her. We moved in together a month later, married 3 months after that.

20 years later the one night stand we both started out having has ended up being the best 20 years with the best woman I have ever known.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Met in AZ...spent the night together...moved in together the next day...yesterday was 26 years

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I worked in a mental hospital on an admissions unit.

I lol at that, spilled soda on my desk, thought the story was going to take a very weird turn...

Met my Wife after a drunken night, lost a bet with my buddies and dyed my naturally black hair yellow, it looked like a cheetah how bad it was...

My wife was coming into the place I worked at the time with a Coworker who was her best friend and happened to be a lesbian, she came in to pick up an application after having come from church.

She was wearing a Hawaiian print summer dress (She is a typical island girl, hula dances, plays ukulele, etc), So me in my retail monkey uniform, her dressed to the nines, AND thats when her friend saw me.

The laughter could be heard through out the store, she was laughing at my hair, I was dumbstruck at the sight of my future wife Who is now looking between me (staring dumbly at her) and her Best friend (crying laughing and pointing at my hair).

Well she gets the job, everyone thinks shes a Lesbian because shes best friends with one (stupid I know) any way hilarity ensues over a decade later we are still happily married.
edit on 28-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Awwww,

i love hearing stories like this,

I've met mine, once upon a dream!

some day my prince will come, until than i'll read about everyone's stories!!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Its why i put it up there. I enjoy reading them, too.

Have you tried kissing any frogs? I hear that can make a prince appear.

edit on 28-8-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

aww that's lovely,

I met my fiance on St'Patricks day. I had no intention of heading out to the bar but I lived with my sister at the time and her and her friends dragged me out with them, I just threw something on instead of spending hours getting ready like I usually do lol, this was around 4pm, then after many hours of drinking and celebrating our irishness I met the man of my dreams, he came up to me and said 'hello' we talked into the wee early hours, he was a perfect gentleman, walked me home, we met again the next day and couldnt stay away from eachother, moved in together after 2 weeks. We are still crazy about eachother

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I met my wife (now not among us) in Georgia. I had to get away from, "Orange County, Calif." for a spell and my Older brother told me to come on down!

I got a job at "State Farm insurance", got a nice one bedroom apartment in , Dunnwoody, GA., and of course met my future wife. (long story...)

My boss, Larry had a house boat on, "Lake Lanier", and invited Jules and me for a, "concert on the lake", our almost first date...(went to a few clubs in between)...my boss passed out drunk and I took the house boat back to port
I was a hero!!

I got tired of Georgia (too many damn trees) after six months and went back to Orange county. I told jules I's get a job and send for her.

Three months later my buddy "Bob" (a Navy bud) we're at the "crazy horse saloon", and he was out dancing with a woman (I had told him I ain't picking up nobody tonight.. I got to get Julie out here...I promised.. her..blah blah...he is nuts ..but he said ok... ) I'm sitting at the "long bar", and this woman with long black hair that looked like nothing I have ever seen...a 10+++
took a seat right next to me

I looked at her and thought ...oh man...

Bob comes walking up not long after and say's...who's your friend? I say, ahhhh....He ask her, hey, you want to go for a fast ride up in the hills?, "skyline drive", she says, ok.

Anyway...we drove up to the "view", and you could see everything up there all the way the LA (Bob and me just look so ..."Ricky Nelson", to her I guess) we went back to the club...when me and Bob got back to my place I decided to call "Jules" and send her a plane ticket (short story)

Bob was my best man at the wedding.

edit on 28-8-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Glad you came by. It was your reply in another thread that got me wondering about this.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Most of these stories begin with "I had no intention of..." which is telling me one thing.

I have too many intentions.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

What a sweet thread. A great counter-weight to the "normal" threads on relationships.

I was with my girlfriend, getting a pizza when I saw my future wife. I knew then that she was the one. She was a delivery driver and was working behind the counter. Suddenly, I wanted a job there. I applied with my girlfriend watching me fill out the application in the dining area.

I got the job and was trained by non other than her. I broke up with my girlfriend and told this lovely girl that I was going to marry her. She was not interested. I had her move to Seattle with me and a few months later, she proposed to me. Then we went to Vegas and said "I do".

9 years later, we had our daughter and we just celebrated our 13th. She has been my queen and better half ever since.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
My hubby and I met 'online...' but not really.

My cousin and his best friend met on match.com. Neither of them had a romantic bone in their body. My cousin asked me to write her correspondence for her. Unbeknownst to me, my husband's friend asked my husband to write his love letters to her. So although it was my cousin and my husband's best friend courting each other, it was actually my husband and me writing back and forth (we didn't find this out just yet, though).

Fast forward many months and my cousin marries my husband's best friend. I saw my husband for the very first time at the wedding. When we passed in a small hall at the church, I literally fell into the wall as he passed- he made me light headed just being around him although we hadn't yet spoke. 'Made me weak in the knees' was quite literal!

Fast forward a couple months again and my cousin and my husband's best friend hook us up on a group date. That is when it comes out we had written the emails to each other. I was CRAZY about him and planning our wedding, 2.5 kids, and pronouncing my new last name in my head.

Fast forward after a couple dates- he dumps me and breaks my heart. It was love at first sight for me. Unfortunately, not quite so for my future Hubby! LOL! The girl he chose over me ends up being horrible. He comes to his senses but it hurt too much to take him back. I was always the 'second choice' and it was a sore spot for me.

Much work on his part later, he wins me back and tells me 'I love you' on the second night.
Proposes ten days later. Was I crazy to say yes? Yes! LOL! And here we are 11 years later with a beautiful son.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Met mine online, turns out we know the same people! We are getting married, sometime soon.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Glad you came by. It was your reply in another thread that got me wondering about this.

Thank you.

I did try and post as honestly as possible. It's hard to really give a story the "full account". I think what I was trying to say was...I really finally was in love. I could have done the usual, but instead, I sent for Julie. We had many happy years. You could say, I met my match.
edit on 28-8-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

A couple of decades ago, I was in a bar having some dinner by myself and reading a book. This strange woman kept walking by my table (I never noticed) until she hit my head with her hip, then stopped to apologise.

We were dating that weekend and a scant 3 weeks after that, we were married.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I know exactly what you are talking about.. except I wasn't reading no books. I'd just sit all innocent and in wonder...

and wait....

new topics

top topics

join