It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ObamaCare affected you yet? It has me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A few weeks ago, my part time job, started cutting all hours. No big deal as I'm part time and wasn't affected. Knowing the end of the fiscal year was coming up I didn't think anything of it. Well, last week a memo was sent out to all the managers in the other company I work for( my main job). This memo stated that all non-management employees were to be dropped to no more than 25 hours a week! After us talking to our boss about it, he told us his boss said it was because of ObamaCare. I was barely paying my bills even after cutting out all unnecessary expenses in our lives like phones and car insurance. I'd drop my health insurance but I have to carry it. And now my hours have been cut in half. I've read a few stories lately about companies starting to do this but had yet to hear it happening to someone I know personally, just so happens to be me I get to hear it from.

Because I don't know if my boss was to divulge to us that it's because of OC and I don't want them to have a reason to fire me I won't disclose the name of the company I work for.

So let's hear it ATS..have any of you been affected yet?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yes it has already happened were i work.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Cloward and Piven at it's best! Soon the US will be brought to it's knees from the criminal elements in our government whom do the bidding of those wanting a New World Order..........sigh

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is so companies will have to hire more employees and Obama can say "I told you I was going to bring unemployment down."

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
A few weeks ago, my part time job, started cutting all hours. No big deal as I'm part time and wasn't affected. Knowing the end of the fiscal year was coming up I didn't think anything of it. Well, last week a memo was sent out to all the managers in the other company I work for( my main job). This memo stated that all non-management employees were to be dropped to no more than 25 hours a week! After us talking to our boss about it, he told us his boss said it was because of ObamaCare. I was barely paying my bills even after cutting out all unnecessary expenses in our lives like phones and car insurance. I'd drop my health insurance but I have to carry it. And now my hours have been cut in half. I've read a few stories lately about companies starting to do this but had yet to hear it happening to someone I know personally, just so happens to be me I get to hear it from.

Because I don't know if my boss was to divulge to us that it's because of OC and I don't want them to have a reason to fire me I won't disclose the name of the company I work for.

So let's hear it ATS..have any of you been affected yet?

Are they also hiring twice the number of workers to counter the lost hours? Or, are they expecting full-time production from part-time workers now? I wonder since this type of decision means, if nothing is done, their production would also be cut in half, as well as profits. I don;t doubt your claim at all, just trying to understand the business logic in this decision. From a business perspective, "where's the profit"?

edit on 28-8-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

That's the only reason I can think of with this fiasco disguised as OC, They had to know companies would do this. In a country full of people not working and receiving govt. assistance the amount of tax revenue is already taking a hit is it not? So, why do something you know is going to result in even less tax revenue? Your reasoning is the same as mine. It's on purpose. If it isn't then someone really dropped the ball by not thinking this through.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa
Are they also hiring twice the number of workers to counter the lost hours? Or, are they expecting full-time production from part-time workers now? I wonder since this type of decision means, if nothing is done, their production would also be cut in half, as well as profits. I don;t doubt your claim at all, just trying to understand the business logic in this decision. From a business perspective, "where's the profit"?

No new hiring as of yet, managers have been picking up the slack and just working with a skeleton crew after the now part timers go home. We've lost two commercial accounts already because of how long it takes to get to them when it's only two managers in the building and no support staff. It's sales, not production so I'm not sure on the profit side. I do know the company isn't hurting for money. It's a couple billion a year in profits company.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

No new hiring as of yet, managers have been picking up the slack and just working with a skeleton crew after the now part timers go home. We've lost two commercial accounts already because of how long it takes to get to them when it's only two managers in the building and no support staff. It's sales, not production so I'm not sure on the profit side. I do know the company isn't hurting for money. It's a couple billion a year in profits company.

So, in this case, the managers (who are exempt) have been put into the position to take up the slack? Wow, I'll bet that won't last long until the company starts losing them to other companies....potentially competitors. Not good....all around.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So, in this case, the managers (who are exempt) have been put into the position to take up the slack? Wow, I'll bet that won't last long until the company starts losing them to other companies....potentially competitors. Not good....all around.

I live in a small town and word travels fast, especially about bad business. We're the biggest supplier for parts in this area, commercial wise, and with already losing two accounts over slow ordering and long wait times for delivery, which in turn makes our accounts look bad to their customers, I'm sure word's already out. As for the managers..they have no choice. Attitude around the corporate office is you'll do this or that or someone else will. In a town with no jobs....you comply.
edit on 28-8-2013 by Simon_Boudreaux because: typo

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I live in a small town and word travels fast, especially about bad business. We're the biggest supplier for parts in this area, commercial wise, and with already losing two accounts over slow ordering and long wait times for delivery, which in turn makes our accounts look bad to their customers, I'm sure word's already out. As for the managers..they have no choice. Attitude around the corporate office is you'll do this or that or someone else will. In a town with no jobs....you comply.
edit on 28-8-2013 by Simon_Boudreaux because: typo

Sorry to hear that....really. I hope your situation gets better and not worse. But, it seems there are smaller suppliers there, which may leap upon this to grow their business. Be mindful of this, in the event you can switch jobs to them if push comes to shove.

Good Luck.

new topics

top topics

join