It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nidal Hasan sentenced to death for Fort Hood shooting rampage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Nidal Hasan sentenced to death for Fort Hood shooting rampage

www.washingtonpost.com

Nidal Malik Hasan was sentenced to death Wednesday for killing 13 people and wounding 32 others in a 2009 shooting spree at Fort Hood, Tex., the worst mass murder at a military installation in U.S. history.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
A long time coming, and perhaps this was the inevitable results. I am generally against the death penalty, but if ever the was a more fitting case for it, it's this one.

The article also states that the jury deliberated for only 2 hours. If even a single panel member had objected, Hasan would instead have been sentenced to life in prison.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Cheers, Mate! Good Riddance...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
pity the military never sentenced the soldier called bale that bears a spooky likeness to christian bale the batman actor to death as well for murder and burning the bodies

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Excellent news!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I guess they are giving him what he wanted. The virgins await!!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpViper7
Cheers, Mate! Good Riddance...

Unfortunately, I think execution is exactly what he wants...to become a martyr.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Not going to rejoice in the death of another.

No one can say Hasan doesn't deserve what is coming to him.

He does.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I wonder if they still do firing squads?

Wouldn't that be a way to go!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

neo96
Not going to rejoice in the death of another.

No one can say Hasan doesn't deserve what is coming to him.

He does.

Deserved, well deserved. But to express joy at this verdict is to, in some small way, become like him...

That, I will not do either.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
they are giving him what he wants..he should spend the rest of his days in prison where he will remember each and every day..oh and feed him pork and beans

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I wonder if they still do firing squads?

Wouldn't that be a way to go!

Actually I remember reading not to long ago that a firing squad it the most humane way to go.

I do not think it would be my preferred method of execution if I had any family members on that base. I would not want him to die too fast. Give him time to see it coming like the people he left laying on the ground bleeding to death.

I would should show this man as much mercy and compassion as he showed his victims.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
i think it is a result also that he was sentenced to death. in texas thay don't give you the death penalty then wait half a century for you to die from natural causes. plus in this case it is a warning to extremists infiltrating military facility's and or causing mass murder that we are not going to sit back and take it up the ass! may this twisted fool rot in the bowls of satan's palace.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Better punsihment would have been life in prison with only pork to eat.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I don't like the death penalty, even in this case.

Stick him in a prison and let's have a team of doctors pick apart the collapse of his psychology. A lot to learn from people like this...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I hope his "72 Virgins" are all well hung dudes.

That said, I am against the Death Penalty for a far different reason that most people are: I find it too humane.

I would much rather be executed than spend the rest of my life in prison.

If it was up to me, I would make sure he lived a really long time in prison, experiencing every day being worse than the last.

And in this case, I think this guy wants to be seen as a martyr and the Death Penalty plays into his desires.

edit on 28-8-2013 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This man never should have been part of the military. He said and did things that were overlooked in the guise of political correctness. Before being stationed at Fort Hood her did a presentation touting Islam and stated that...

according to the Koran, non-believers would be sent to hell, decapitated, set on fire, and have burning oil poured down their throats. A Muslim psychiatrist in the audience raised his hand, and challenged Hasan's claims. According to the Associated Press, Hasan's lecture also "justified suicide bombings." In the summer of 2009, after completion of his programs, he was transferred to Fort Hood.

and

At Fort Hood, Hasan rented an apartment away from other officers, in a somewhat rundown area . Two days before the shooting, Hasan gave away furniture from his home, saying he was going to be deployed. He also handed out copies of the Qur'an, along with his business cards, which listed a Maryland phone number and read "Behavioral Heatlh – Mental Health – Life Skills | Nidal Hasan, MD, MPH | SoA(SWT) | Psychiatrist".
According to investigators, the acronym "SoA" is commonly used on jihadist websites as an acronym for "Soldier of Allah" or "Servant of Allah", and SWT is commonly used by Muslims to mean "subhanahu wa ta'ala" (Glory to God). The cards did not reflect his military rank.

So by giving away all of his possessions 2 days prior to the shooting, how is that not premeditated, knowing he would not return.

The government has classified this as a Workplace shooting and not a terrorist act as they would have had to provide benefits to the family of the deceased similar to those received when a soldier is killed in combat which to this day has not been done. This would have also placed it out of the military courts where the death penalty can and does
He also claimed that he 'Switched Sides' and regarded himself as a Mujahideen waging "jihad" against the United States. Nice, i wonder how many more of this type are seeded and awaiting their orders.

Source lots more info..

Lethal Injection will be the method of execution and the TDCJ stopped serving special last meals, and will only allow execution chamber prisoners to have the same kind of meal served to regular prisoners, hope they have pork on the menu that day...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I wouldn't pack my bags and order plane tickets to witness his execution yet. He won't be executed by the state of texas, it will be done by the military and hell be held at Leavenworth most likely. Despite several death sentences being pronounced under UCMJ the last time our military executed a prisoner was in 1961. 3rd despite the death sentence imposed upon Hassan, there will be no execution until an order is signed by the president himself. This guy could end up spending life behind bars and never get the needle(UCMJ switched frm firing squad to only using lethal injection). If he's really lucky they'll make an error and put him in gen pop. Execution will become unnecessary rather quickly.

new topics

top topics

join