It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the Pauls? Where are the Clooneys? Anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I know many of you here on ATS are big time Ron Paul supporters, and maybe even support his son, Rand, as well.

My question to you is this...

In light of our upcoming Syrian escalation and quagmire, where are the Paul boys? Shouldn't they be on the rooftops screaming at the top of their lungs that this is wrong?

For that matter, where is any legislator with the GUTS to stand up to the warmongers in Washington and tell them that the American people are sick and tired of wars?

Where are the George Clooneys or Matt Damons? Where is Hollywood and the music industry, why is NO ONE giving the American people a voice?

It's high damned time we gave ourselves a voice.

Our leaders aren't. Our heroes aren't. Benjamin Franklin said it best...

"God helps those, that help themselves." It is time we did just that.

I've written my Congressman, and am in the middle of drafting another letter to the Senators of my state. I am posting my vehement opposition to this upcoming genocide on my FB and social media sites. Please... join me! We might not be able to stop the killers, but we have to try. As human beings, as Americans... we must.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
glad to see someone who cares enough to do something.

I think Clooney might have gotten a little message from someone the last time he tried to get involved in genocide issues.....apparently he paid for satellite time so he could observe what was going on in Darfur.....and i dont recall exactly how that all played out but i dont think his involvement in that situation changed anything at all. It might have brought some attention to the issue....but since most americans are retarded (and i mean that literally) and say 'oh, why should i listen to George Clooney, isnt he an actor? what could he possibly say of any importance about THAT? we want to see you in movies entertaining us George, not telling us how we should think about politics or social issues...." I'm sure youve heard that spouted a million times from numerous sources. Its a rediculous line of reasoning to begin with....as if being an actor or musician means one is incapable of being intelligent and having something to say worth hearing.....people are SO dumb its just...well DUMBFOUNDING!

anyway, no amount of musicians actors or anyone else will stop the insane plans the elite have for ruining the planet....this was ALWAYS the plan.....i hearken from the biblical tradition...a.nd in there a certain person says this

'the thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy'.....

the elite worship the dark side...and they will do the works of the dark side....always.
edit on 28-8-2013 by instigatah because: clarification

edit on 28-8-2013 by instigatah because: should proof read more before posting

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm just so disheartened to see every one of our elected 'leaders' just itching to send American troops into harm's way AGAIN, in a civil war with no clear cut "good guys", only to be used as fodder to get this country into a larger conflict.

When both sides... conservative and liberal... agree on something, that should have every one of us concerned.

The American public needs to wake up or go to sleep forever. We can't let this war happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is from June of last year BUT still relevant. Ron Paul does not change his positions on these things...

Edit: (it's kinda eerie, he's speaking of this exact situation from 1 year ago...)

As for Clooney? Pffft who knows but Hollywood seems to be stuck on the whole "liberal" thing and prolly doesn't want to hurt Obama's feelings.

edit on 28-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
...replied to/quoted post since removed...

Violence is not the answer. Let me clarify, in my OP while I do call for some good public action, I in no way am suggesting or insinuating that we should use violence to get our point across.

Writing, voting, protesting peacefully, withholding tax dollars... that is how it will work. If it works

edit on 28-8-2013 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Rand Paul is demanding an “open debate” in Congress about whether the U.S. should act against Syria.

The Republican senator, who earlier this year led a nearly 13-hour filibuster in protest of what he called the danger of drone strikes against U.S. citizens on American soil, said in a statement on Wednesday that the U.S. should condemn the use of chemical weapons. But he said lawmakers need to figure out who used them and underscored that the Constitution grants Congress, not the president, the power to declare war.

“The war in Syria has no clear national security connection to the United States and victory by either side will not necessarily bring in to power people friendly to the United States,”

“For our country’s sake, certainly for our soldiers’ sake — for the sake of every veteran who ever donned a uniform and fought for this country — America’s mission should always be to keep the peace, not police the world,” Paul said.

Paul isn’t alone. Eighty-two House members, including 13 Democrats, are urging President Barack Obama to consult with Congress before taking military action in Syria, the Hill reports.

blogs.marketwatch.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Metacomet/Wookiep,

Thanks for the posting of those videos, it's a welcome sight! Now I only hope that Dr. Paul and his son start getting very loud very quickly, before this supposed UN 4-day strike moritorium ends.

Thank you both.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Satanic orgies...
Big, sweaty, old white person orgies just like our founding fathers used to have.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
I'm just so disheartened to see every one of our elected 'leaders' just itching to send American troops into harm's way AGAIN, in a civil war with no clear cut "good guys", only to be used as fodder to get this country into a larger conflict.

See that's the thing... the trick is, to get a foot in the door, with cruise missiles and drone strikes and such.
Which by itself to me, is not worth it (wonder how many starving children they could feed for the cost of one cruise missile) and won't really accomplish much by itself long term. But it will get the ball rolling, for right now they can say, that there will be no boots on the ground. Get the ball rolling... slowly. Destabilize the region some more... until it gets to the point where ultimately... time for young Timmy to stop making youtube-twerking videos and go join the cause and bleed for the beast.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
And also, don't forget. The more people around the world we can get to hate us, the more reason we will need to always be at war with someone. It's big business, and it is the ultimate "too big to fail". What we should be doing, is getting the rest of the world to respect us. But we only seem to be able to either, go kick their ass, or bow before them and kiss their rings. And the rest of the world knows it. And wonder why they tend to look down on us so much.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
talk is cheap bud so is writing letters go and park a car bomb outside a goverment building it's the cia thing to do

hilary clinton is coming to scotland to saint andrews university i have it on good authority the security is going to cost a lot more than planned

Violence is not the answer. Let me clarify, in my OP while I do call for some good public action, I in no way am suggesting or insinuating that we should use violence to get our point across.

Writing, voting, protesting peacefully, withholding tax dollars... that is how it will work. If it works
but some machine in the n.s.a now is buzzing red
watch your back hilary

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Boehner, Paul Inhofe Join Oppostion to syria

Oh hes around, you just wont hear about it.

ETA

“The United States should condemn the use of chemical weapons,” Paul said in a statement. “We should ascertain who used the weapons and we should have an open debate in Congress over whether the situation warrants U.S. involvement."

edit on 28-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I know many of you here on ATS are big time Ron Paul supporters, and maybe even support his son, Rand, as well.

In light of our upcoming Syrian escalation and quagmire, where are the Paul boys? Shouldn't they be on the rooftops screaming at the top of their lungs that this is wrong?

For that matter, where is any legislator with the GUTS to stand up to the warmongers in Washington and tell them that the American people are sick and tired of wars?

Where are the George Clooneys or Matt Damons? Where is Hollywood and the music industry, why is NO ONE giving the American people a voice?

I've written my Congressman, and am in the middle of drafting another letter to the Senators of my state. I am posting my vehement opposition to this upcoming genocide on my FB and social media sites. Please... join me! We might not be able to stop the killers, but we have to try. As human beings, as Americans... we must.

Yeah you write a letter to congress, and your senators. And you post your facebook statuses. See how many lives that saves. Haha, what a f***ing joke. You think if everyone in America wrote a letter to congress and posted a hippy facebook status it would make one ounce of a difference? No, it wouldn't. The same reason why I don't vote. First of all, I don't want a douche in office, secondly I know that electoral votes are the only ones that matter anyway, you know, just in case the popular vote doesn't go the way they want.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

Yeah you write a letter to congress, and your senators. And you post your facebook statuses. See how many lives that saves. Haha, what a f***ing joke. You think if everyone in America wrote a letter to congress and posted a hippy facebook status it would make one ounce of a difference? No, it wouldn't. The same reason why I don't vote. First of all, I don't want a douche in office, secondly I know that electoral votes are the only ones that matter anyway, you know, just in case the popular vote doesn't go the way they want.

First off... I am no hippy. I am against the waste of human lives for no reason, and if that makes me a hippy in your eyes, so be it.

Secondly, you seem to have completely given up and just come on here to vent. I, at least, have done and am doing something, even if that's a "f***ing joke" to you.

By not voting, you are simply not even a factor.

new topics

top topics

join