It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton at MLK Celebration: It's Easier to Buy an Assault Rifle Than to Vote in America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

During his speech at the 50th anniversary celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s I Have a Dream speech in Washington D.C. Wednesday, former President Bill Clinton implied it was easier to buy an 'assault weapon' in the United States of America than it is to vote in elections.

You gotta be kidding me Bill !

Talk about asinine comments to make. We have the all time winner here.

Hey Bill ?

I have to show ID to buy an 'Assault weapon'. Then depending on where I live. I have to wait to get it.

' A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than it does to buy and assault weapon' ?

WHAT ?

Mob rule has made it increasing difficult to buy an assault weapon, since they are MACHINE GUNS. That are heavily regulated by government.

My God. I wish we gun owners had the 'criteria' for gun purchases as we do to 'vote'.

See Mr. and Mrs. America ?

You can't ask for ID to vote.

But that same mob can make you show ID to purchase a firearm. A scare looking firearm that gets demagogued so much. That term is based on nothing, but how it looks not how it functions.

I also don't recall anyone having to pass a background check to vote either.

Ain't it great to be an American ?

Really ?

Since Obama and Clinton both spoke today I have a picture for you:

And the phrase of the day: Cognitive Dissonance.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Walks like a duck.... Talks like a duck... Must be a Donkey~

These guys never cease to amaze me...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Former President Clinton is wrong.

Assault rifles do not exist.
You can actually go vote.

His point is moot.

Shouldn't he be trying to stop the war in Syria, or the escalation that's coming?
edit on 28-8-2013 by Dreine because: googly moogly

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
(COUGH)....

Yes... it is harder to buy an assault rifle than to vote.

You need a photo ID to buy a rifle

Bill Clinton had nerve to be the one to make this point...of all the people.
edit on 28-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You only had to show ID? Damn, I had to do that too... along with being checked against the national data base and fill out a ridiculous questionnaire.

So what do most of the oppressed have to do to vote? Give a kidney?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yep, you walk into a store and buy a gun. Sorted.

Alternatively you can stand in a line at a polling station for hours in the pissing rain & freezing cold, only to get finally turned away when it closes. That's assuming there even is a polling station in your predominately black district. Or, having managed to vote for (D) you find it "magically transformed" into a vote for (R) instead.

Hell yeah. Bill's got a point.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity

Alternatively you can stand in a line at a polling station for hours in the pissing rain & freezing cold, only to get finally turned away when it closes. That's assuming there even is a polling station in your predominately black district. Or, having managed to vote for (D) you find it "magically transformed" into a vote for (R) instead.

Uh no he doesn't.

Wasn't aware that voters have to pass a background check, and get the government permission, and local leo permission either.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Then I guess applying for a LTC with the local PD, being personally interviewed, having to pass a full background check, then having the application forwarded to the federal level (76 days ago I may add), and still waiting to be approved/rejected is more difficult than going down to the local town hall, filling in a form, and registering to vote immediately without approvals is more difficult?

What state/world does he live in? And, has anyone checked that man for a loss of his mental abilities in his aging years? Clearly, he has lost all grasp on reality in this case.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That pissed me off also.
It was also painful to listen to the transformed potus into The Rev. Obama.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I fear you are misinformed on how it works in this country. It did change after the days of the cowboys the wild west over 100 years ago, you know.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
So for arguements sake,

... lets say I can go get an assault rifle, right over at the school, without showing any I.D.

His statement is, still, only true if you come give me a ride over there.

They treat us dumber, and dumber, every day.

I can't be more ashamed, right now, to say they lead us.

This is bad.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Riiiight. So how is it that big O won?

Don't you know Dems double vote to raise their tally. Reps just bypass the little stuff and go straight to the Supreme Court.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think Clinton mis-spoke.

He probably was trying to say:

"It's easier to cast an illegal vote than it is to buy an illegal assault weapon"

Logic: you get paid to cast the vote, and you have to pay for the gun !

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Yea Bill go try and buy one in SUPER dem state California, oh wait you can't...

OH where you trying to say getting results out of voting is as hard as buying one? cause that might be the case.

In honor of slick willie Ill change my Avatar.
edit on 28-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have to agree with Bill. It's getting harder to vote and will likely get even more difficult. Once those in power see that requiring a single ID doesn't reduce the number of undesirables voting, they will require even more to vote. I can imagine seeing laws passed in states requiring 3 forms of ID to vote. A drivers license won't be enough.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
uhboi.... bill... bill.. bill....

@ about 4:23 or so.

"So obviously we don't need any kinda law ....

But a great democracy does not make it harder to vote than to buy an assault weapon"

kinda screwed the pooch with that one there Willie. :shk:

typical politician. talking outta three sides of their mouth all at the same time.

and yet we continue to elect these type idiots to office.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Um. Maybe Bill meant you don't have to go the official route to buy a gun ?

Maybe you just buy one off someone else ? Is that beyond the realms of possibility ?

"Cherished", "pre-owned", "second hand", "only used one time"

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Maybe you just buy one off someone else ? Is that beyond the realms of possibility ?

A certain party like Bills' doesn't go the 'legal' route to get voters.

That is more than just one demographic at the speech today. I honestly think they are too scared they can't win an honest election.
edit on 28-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Again, unless you are a relative and its an inheritance, it's still not as easy as registering to vote and actually voting. You still need a LTC, which is only the first step toward respected ownership. If you are talking illegally acquiring one, then isn't that already covered in the existing laws, and a smack at the Law Enforcement agencies of the government? Which, if "Operation Fast and Furious" proves anything, they are one in the same (sellers and enforcers).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join