It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas biggest rocket blasts off, likely carrying spy satellite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

America

www.latimes.com

Although little is publicly known about what exactly the rocket will be carrying into space, analysts said it is probably a $1-billion high-powered spy satellite capable of snapping pictures detailed enough to distinguish the make and model of an automobile hundreds of miles below.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.latimes.com
edit on 28-8-2013 by oldmeatwad because: had to fix the title

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
$1B camera - paid for by the american tax payers. Well, at least it will give them great pics of our crumbling infrastructure and unemployment lines..... Oh and just in time for the Syria show !

So what say you ATS - You think the timing of this launch is pure coincidence or part of the operational equipment needed for the upcoming theater?

www.latimes.com

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldmeatwad

$1B camera - paid for by the american tax payers. Well, at least it will give them great pics of our crumbling infrastructure and unemployment lines..... Oh and just in time for the Syria show !

So what say you ATS - You think the timing of this launch is pure coincidence or part of the operational equipment needed for the upcoming theater?

www.latimes.com

The upcoming theater you speak of will probably be the American homeland.

Nice find as well, thank you for bringing that to everyones attention!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oldmeatwad

If this is actually for "the show", we are expecting to have much more than just Syria involved.....With all that Syria has to offer, it would be over very quickly....It could possibly be for the rest of the powers that are on Syria's side.....China and Russia ring a bell.....I really hope this doesn't escalate into that though, or we are in for one wild ride, worldwide!!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Somehow I don't think this has much to do with current events in Syria.
I think this has more to do with current events here in the USA.
Why just listen to what everyone is saying or see what they are typing, when you can see exactly what they are doing, any time you want?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I bet it's NSA, trying to keep an even closer eye on the world and the Americans.

Do superpowers really need to be still spying on each other or other countries, expecting a war any minute? Or is this part of the imaginary "war on terror"? That rocket could have been launching a NASA moon rover, but no, the Chinese are getting there first.

I'm happy for the Chinese, by the way. Maybe prioritising science and technology over killing "terrorists" in Pakistan using drones, or sweating over Syria, is the right way to go. Russia are looking at revitalising their space program too. Something tells me they are aiming for Mars.
edit on 28-8-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What is to stop any other country from putting this new satellite out of commission? How hard could that be?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
scary

with the current situation in the ME

you know its probably a weapon, lol!

peace

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It was an awesome launch. I was there.

Like the last Delta IV-Heavy launched from Vandenberg, this was most likely carrying a KH-11 optical imaging satellite. The National Reconnaissance Office was forced to purchase two of these venerable spacecraft after a proposed successor was cancelled in 2005. The timing of this launch with Syria or any other current events is purely coincidental. Planning and preparation for this mission began years ago.

That's that way it always is. At an Atlas V launch in September 2010, someone who worked on the payload told me that he had been waiting 10 years to see his spacecraft put into orbit.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The timing is just about ripe for a rendezvous with Comet Ison. Could the missile be some type of space weapon to knock this bad-boy comet off course should it go astray?

top topics

join