It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought on the origins of Miley Cyrus VMA display...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i think this is nothing new..artists have been trying to shock and provoke..or push the boundaries for along time..in the 50's women would faint at elvis doing the hipshake..lol
only thing changed is whats acceptable

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa
I only know who she is from friends and their kids. I do NOT listen to it (I'm stuck in the Classic Rock and Old School Metal bucket myself). I will worry that there is a possibility these "antics" are begin driven by a more evil intent, since it is growing and becoming more "main stream", and when thinly veiled references to children are involved, it makes me care.

Right just from friends and their kids... Did a quick wiki search and this miley cyrus is 20 years old, how is that a child?

I'm sorry you do not agree on that point. Sticking your head in the sand is not a responsible reaction if you ask me.

From where I stand watching that mainstream crap and letting it take up that much of your time and mind is really sticking your head in the sand.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

This is how I am. I don't watch MTV, don't listen to the radio anymore, my music selection is mostly bands that don't get radio airtime, heck I barely even watch TV. I remember watching this commercial with Drew Brees and One Direction in it and I had no clue who OD was. Someone had to tell me. Let me tell you, this is such a great way to live. You don't have to worry about the stupidity of attention seeking famous people or listen to terrible music. Again I must stress this whole stunt was just a stunt to seek attention, get people talking about it and therefore talking about her. Guess what? It worked.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
everyone seems to see some deliberate attack on humanity from this performance.. Isn't it just possible that MC was- as a mickeymouse club kid- raped and sexualized as a child so she is just doing what she thinks her rapists want her to do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join