It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought on the origins of Miley Cyrus VMA display...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I openly claim I really could not care any less about the music industry and their antics. However, in being bombarded in the media concerning the debacle at the VMA's regarding the "performance" by former child star Miley Cyrus, and hearing the discussions here and elsewhere on the topic, my conspiracy neurons began to fire in my head.

Could this recent act be orchestrated by the underground pedophilia movement to desensitize the very young (who were fans of Hanna Montana as small children) toward sexual display and acts?

Let me clearly state, I do NOT support nor wish to be associated in any way with these ideals of NAMBLA or their affiliates, or any related behavior of underage children.

If so, are they trying to create a next generation of victims of their perverse ideals? I sure hope I am wrong here, and if the mods deem this conversation/topic off-limits, by all means 404 the thread. But, if this undercurrent of filth in the world is behind this, we need to ferret it out and extinguish it ASAP. If this idea helps save one child from this type of exploitation or worse, then the discussion is worthy of taking place.

I have no proof of this, as it is only a thought that that seems plausible given the increasingly degenerate nature of the music industry. Also, factor in that Miley Cyrus was one of the most popular recent child stars that "portrayed" the music star, Hanna Montana, cresting a vast following of children prior to this event. Couple that with the use of teddy bears, and it adds more plausibility to some conspiracy of this nature. I leave this thread open to constructive discussion, or moderator intervention. Please ATSr's, keep any discussion on this topic clean and non-threatening, and on a topical level (i.e. avoid personal attacks against each others opinions).

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here's my theory:

Nyah nyah, I'm an adult now, and I can do what I want! Look at my giney! Look at my giney!

*End of Theory*

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't think it's anything more sinister than what the music/entertainment industry has been doing to people all along. I doubt there is a giant cabal of pedophiles who want everyone in the world to be desensitized to such things for some nefarious purpose.

The reality of the music industry is corrupt enough without weird conspiracy theories about pedo-satanist Bilderbugers.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It is a distraction to whats going on in Syria.

Would be war protesters are too busy on facebook, twitter, ect. telling each other "OMG, no she didn't."

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Nah, she's just trying to be more shocking than Madonna or Lady Gaga. I don't think she needed to paid or manipulated by any group to put on that ridiculous display..... she did it willingly.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The whole of the Middle East could be about to blow up....

And i have seen two threads on ATS about Miley Cyrus....

I would expect this on my little sisters facebook not on ATS

Really who cares about her, who cares if she shows of a bit of flesh, let her.

there are far more important things going on in the world right now.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
The whole of the Middle East could be about to blow up....

And i have seen two threads on ATS about Miley Cyrus....

I would expect this on my little sisters facebook not on ATS

Really who cares about her, who cares if she shows of a bit of flesh, let her.

there are far more important things going on in the world right now.

I agree with you on this, however, if there is an underlying push to desensitize the young for the purpose I proposed, then that is no less important than what is going on a few thousand miles away in another country IMO.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

But...but...but... you had the time to post here right?
Thank you for setting everything straight.
Once again, let the person speak their mind. PLEASE!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre

Nah, she's just trying to be more shocking than Madonna or Lady Gaga. I don't think she needed to paid or manipulated by any group to put on that ridiculous display..... she did it willingly.

Agreed that is the overt reason. But look deeper, who is "coaching her" down this path. There are so many handlers in that industry, and considering she has been manipulated since she was a kid, by these same folks, it is at least plausible to consider and discuss is it not?

True conspiracies are typically hidden under multiple layers of distraction and hand waving too, are they not? I am not saying this is fact or true, only that it is plausible given the history of that industry and the ever degenerating path they have taken these past 30+ years.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My heart breaks for Billy Ray. He's always presented himself as a decent, caring and stand up man as well as father. All indications have been that he worked to the max he could in keeping his daughter out of the side of "the business" that turns women into whores, for lack of a kinder word. Miley, hopefully, isn't there yet ...but many many have gone this road before her. Many of those passed away far too young and long before their time, too.

I hope her father only has the passing pain of seeing what his daughter is doing to sexually turn on her audience....and she doesn't run this road to the closed signs to become another sad statistic out past them.

It's a shame that meat grinder we all call Hollywood is SO effective at doing this to the kids who work within it. I feel for her too.....except I don't think the girl who would appreciate the sentiment is still close enough to the surface to be aware anyone cared at all.
edit on 28-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
I don't think it's anything more sinister than what the music/entertainment industry has been doing to people all along. I doubt there is a giant cabal of pedophiles who want everyone in the world to be desensitized to such things for some nefarious purpose.

The reality of the music industry is corrupt enough without weird conspiracy theories about pedo-satanist Bilderbugers.

Very possible it is as innocuous as that, I'll agree. But, think deeper, there's a LOT of money changing hands (in BOTH the music and the child exploitation industries) and lots of degenerating ideals being thrown about. If this was an isolated incident, I would not even have considered the thought. However, being that it is everywhere, and I have seen it grow over the past 30+ years, it does make me wonder if there is an undercurrent to all of this to keep it going.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Dancing on stage like that with pedo bears gives me the same feeling that it is a hidden meaning behind the display she put on. And when you think back to her posing with her dad the way they did before this really gives strange vibes from what really goes on in that family.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Seriously, its just another publicity stunt by some vapid famous person to get attention and it worked. To be honest if people weren't talking about this idiocy, I wouldn't have even known it had happened. I don't watch MTV, it is responsible for some of the worst programming on the entirety of television. Not to mention they don't even do what their name suggests, you know play music.

Did you honestly expect that this child star when grown up would continue to display a wholesome family image? HA! First off, the only reason she did it in the first place was because she worked for Disney who forced her to present that image. Now she is an adult, she is free to express herself however she wants and obviously wanted to make up for things that she wasn't allowed to do while doing Hannah Montana.
edit on 28-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Dancing on stage like that with pedo bears gives me the same feeling that it is a hidden meaning behind the display she put on. And when you think back to her posing with her dad the way they did before this really gives strange vibes from what really goes on in that family.

Yes another one of the data points feeding this idea. It just seems that there's more under the surface that is being hidden by the overt reason of "it sells". Well, yes, it does, but what ELSE does it sell, or heaven forbid, make sell-able?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

Seriously, its just another publicity stunt by some vapid famous person to get attention and it worked. To be honest if people weren't talking about this idiocy, I wouldn't have even known it had happened. I don't watch MTV, it is responsible for some of the worst programming on the entirety of television. Not to mention they don't even do what their name suggests, you know play music.

Did you honestly expect that this child star when grown up would continue to display a wholesome family image? HA! First off, the only reason she did it in the first place was because she worked for Disney who forced for to present that image. Now she is an adult, she is free to express herself however she wants and obviously wanted to make up for things that she wasn't allowed to do while doing Hannah Montana.

Agreed...however, wouldn't that overt and obvious reason be the perfect cover for the true purpose as outlined? Hell, I sure hope I am wrong here, I do. But, if I'm not, and I didn't at least open the discussion on this and it broke this was the case, then I would feel partially responsible for not voicing my concerns. I figure here at ATS this type of discussion of a social conspiracy would allow me to discuss it without judgement. It took a lot for me to actually post this thought, as it makes my skin crawl that I thought this way. But, when I begin to put the dots together, they seem to lead in this direction, and the use of the teddy bears on stage ads a new dimension and a further data point to the graph IMO.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think it's really interesting as in sociology and psychology.

The jokes about her appearance is stupid. That's she has a small butt and whatever. Saying that will drive her fans closer to her anyway.

Disapproving her behavior is a good thing. It's good people do that. But, it may drive the fans closer to her.

It's funny and sad at the same time that the media is making big bucks because of her performance.

I wonder why Miley did it. Is she aware that shock works great on people? Or is the industry behind her aware of that? Is she just rebelling in a way?

Well, doesn't matter. It does make money.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm glad to report i still would not who miley cyrus was if i woke up next to her on a sunday morning. I have been sent the video of her performance by numerous people who "don't listen to that kind of stuff" or "don't care". As far as I can tell much of this mainstream crap must get over 90% of its revenue of people who claim not to listen to it or don't care about it.
Come join my club, don't just say you don't listen to the garbage and don't say you don't care. Actually stop listening to it- its amazing. If you can recognize these people on TV still you are not doing it right.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
Here's my theory:

Nyah nyah, I'm an adult now, and I can do what I want! Look at my giney! Look at my giney!

*End of Theory*

thats about it..when an..um "artist"..cough cough.. has nothing really in their bag of tricks such as talent they do things to get attention..to shock and provoke..look at me, look at me. (working isnt it)
in the entertainment world no publicity is bad publicity
people are reading entirley too much into a cheap performance from a cheap artist who is only got in the biz because of her father
edit on 28-8-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
I'm glad to report i still would not who miley cyrus was if i woke up next to her on a sunday morning. I have been sent the video of her performance by numerous people who "don't listen to that kind of stuff" or "don't care". As far as I can tell much of this mainstream crap must get over 90% of its revenue of people who claim not to listen to it or don't care about it.
Come join my club, don't just say you don't listen to the garbage and don't say you don't care. Actually stop listening to it- its amazing. If you can recognize these people on TV still you are not doing it right.

I only know who she is from friends and their kids. I do NOT listen to it (I'm stuck in the Classic Rock and Old School Metal bucket myself). I will worry that there is a possibility these "antics" are begin driven by a more evil intent, since it is growing and becoming more "main stream", and when thinly veiled references to children are involved, it makes me care.

I'm sorry you do not agree on that point. Sticking your head in the sand is not a responsible reaction if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The person your looking for is Diane Martel

Nice *backlog* of work, most of it gutter trash grind.. im sure she's superproud of her latest "effort"

I'll stop now before i get ranty..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join