It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas History of Lies for war, History repeats.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Below are just a few examples of the reasons the U.S. Government has given its citizens for marching to war.

I apologize at the Incompleteness of this thread, I have been working on it for a bit but the Current situation made me feel the need to post what I had now.

The Spanish American War.

THE EXCUSE: The Sinking of the Maine.

The U.S. Navy’s investigation, made public on March 28, concluded that the ship’s powder magazines were ignited when an external explosion was set off under the ship’s hull. This report poured fuel on popular indignation in the U.S., making the war inevitable.

Spain’s investigation came to the opposite conclusion: the explosion originated within the ship. Other investigations in later years came to various contradictory conclusions, but had no bearing on the coming of the war. In 1974, Admiral Hyman George Rickover had his staff look at the documents and decided there was an internal explosion. 

US 4 Star general Rickover claims it was internal, Modern computer modeling is inconclusive, doesn't mater because...

THE PAY OFF:

The United States gained all of Spain's colonies outside of Africa in the treaty, including the Philippines, Guam and Puerto Rico.

WW1

THE EXCUSE: The Sinking of the Lusitania.

Now the Lusitania is different than the Maine, as it was a civilian cruse ship that was sunk by a German U-boat. Which is true, but the problem is the way it was being used.

The Declaration of Paris codified the rules for naval engagements involving civilian vessels. The so-called Cruiser Rules required that the crew and passengers of civilian ships must be safeguarded in the event that the ship is to be confiscated or sunk. These rules also placed some onus on the ship itself, in that the merchant ship had to be flying its own flag, and not pretending to be of a different nationality. Also, it had to stop when confronted and allow itself to be boarded and searched, and it was not allowed to be armed or to take any hostile or evasive actions. However when war was declared, British merchant ships were given orders to ram submarines that surfaced to implement warnings as per the Cruiser Rules

British ignored the above endangering every civilian ocean liner they had.

The Lusitania was also carrying war munitions making it a target (remember the don't hide in Mosque argument, same apply here).

There has long been a theory, expressed by historian and former British naval intelligence officer Patrick Beesly and author Donald E. Schmidt among others, that Lusitania was deliberately placed in danger by the British authorities, so as to entice a U-Boat attack and thereby drag the USA into the war on the side of Britain.[70][71] A week before the sinking of the Lusitania, Winston Churchill wrote to Walter Runciman, the President of the Board of Trade, stating that it is "most important to attract neutral shipping to our shores, in the hope especially of embroiling the United States with Germany."

THE PAY OFF:
A strong Argument can be made the Sinking of the Lusitania changed the course of the war allowing the US to enter.

WW2: Pearl Harbor, I am skipping as I feel it is mostly known the issues around RADAR, and all the warnings the US got about the attack before hand.

Vietnam:

The Excuse:

Golf of Tonkin:

Reports where that on August 4, 1964 that the USS Maddox fought 3 Vietnamese Navy boats, The problem is, NO such incident happened on August 4.

Nothing Happened at all on Aug 4th, There was however something on Aug 2nd, the facts didn't matter it was time for war.

THE PAYOFF:

An excuse to increase US presence in Vietnam and escalation to the Vietnam war.

Do I need to even list Iraq and Libya?

History has proven that the US doesn't need reasons to go to war other than economic, the only thing it needs is a good excuse and patriotism, to get its people behind War.

America's history of waging wars on Half-truths, Propaganda and out right lies is becoming clear to us all now, The lies are becoming paper thin.

Just in the past years its becoming fairly clear We never had the Moral Right, WE have all lived long enough to see the US become the Enemy of Democracy and free people everywhere.

NSA, PRISIM, DRONES, IRAQ, LYBIA, SYRIA, there is far more but those are just the tip and most recent of American Governments disservice to its Citizens and the World.

How many of the worlds Sons and Daughters have we lost to outright lies and greed?

Sources
Sources
Sources

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Nice

Originally posted by benrlHistory has proven that the US doesn't need reasons to go to war other than economic, the only thing it needs is a good excuse and patriotism, to get its people behind War.

History has also proven that people have no backbone, and because of this they simply lay down and get #ed - Which unfortunately goes across all nations, not just specifically America. People are too comfortable and driven by their own egotistical, self centered self to give a # about anybody else, especially people who their beloved Government are saying are terrorist.

Take the comfort away and see how fats things change, it would take a complete shut down of the whole system but to be honest, I'd be more than up for that ride

edit on 28-8-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

All it takes is knowledge, and the courage to accept it.

I love my country, I consider myself a Patriot, and I know I am on a list.

I Believe the system in place CAN work, if we choose to use it and stand United as Americans, we could make a difference.

We just need to turn off the TV and Ignore Miley Cyrus for 5 G.D. Minutes.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested.

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses. I wouldn't go to war again to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

― Marine Corps Major General Smedley D. Butler, TWO TIME Medal of Honor recipient.

In 1933 retired Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler claimed that wealthy businessmen were plotting to create a fascist veterans' organization and use it in a coup d'état to overthrow President of the United States Franklin D. Roosevelt, with Butler as leader of that organization. In 1934, Butler testified to the Special Committee on Un-American Activities Congressional committee (the "McCormack-Dickstein Committee") on these claims. In the opinion of the committee, these allegations were credible, but no one was ever prosecuted.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You missed several other points of the same behavior, how they got Texas for instance, the events on Panama and several others and that does not include "softer" actions of aggression.

link   
I can't find anyone who thinks it's a good idea to bomb Syria.

Because of some imaginary red line?

They claim for Obama's "credibility" we must strike.

I think the "USS Credibility" sailed a long time ago.

link   

Originally posted by benrl
How many of the worlds Sons and Daughters have we lost to outright lies and greed?

At this point, if they wanted to draft my pet fish into a war (whom i only paid 5.99 for at petco), it would be over my dead ugly corpse.

It's always been about lies, because different lies will compete with each other, with blood when necessary. But there is only one truth. And it doesn't need to "fight".

Edit: well i should say, only in self-defense, otherwise there is nothing to fight for.

edit on 28-8-2013 by elcapitano75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by benrl

You missed several other points of the same behavior, how they got Texas for instance, the events on Panama and several others and that does not include "softer" actions of aggression.

As I said at the start, this thread was not supposed to be what it is.

I was researching and looking up info for a far more comprehensive thread going into much greater detail in each incident.

AS we march to war with Syria I felt this needed to be posted as is.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I can't find anyone who thinks it's a good idea to bomb Syria.

Because of some imaginary red line?

They claim for Obama's "credibility" we must strike.

I think the "USS Credibility" sailed a long time ago.

I would say it sailed before any of us where even born.

top topics

join