It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Ways Syria Isn’t Iraq (according to Time Magazine)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by jtma508

Then why doesn't President Obama confirm that Assad actually used the chemical weapons and not his friends in the Muslim Brotherhood?

Wouldn't it make more sense to confirm who used the WMD, bring Assad and Russia to the table and actually attempt to stabilize the country? Rather than:

Supposedly Obama will present the "evidence" by Thursday.
Obama Administration To Release "Proof" Of Assad's Culpability As Early As Thursday

As as the WaPo reports that the administration is planning to release evidence possibly as soon as Thursday, that it will say proves that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad bears responsibility for what U.S. officials have called an “undeniable” chemical attack that killed hundreds on the outskirts of the Syrian capital.

Maybe he can get Colin Powell up there with some of those nifty charts and SAT photos like he did for Bush. We fell for that right?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

The same Biden who said in 2007 "I will move to impeach President Bush if he attempts to attack a country without congressional approval"

The same Obama who same in 2008 " the President of the United States does NOT have the power to attack another country unless there is a threat against the nation"

yea.........it's good to be KING.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

DAMN RIGHT!

Our govt is totally out of the peoples control..they have definately gone rogue..
.as soon as I read your first sentence I actually yelled out

"DAMN RIGHT!"

We risk way more by interferring in this conflict, as if our image in the world is not tainted enough. Part of me believes this is Obama giving the middle finger to the Putin as I believe this really has NOTHING to do with Syria itself. Other countries could handle this problem- the UN can handle this problem.
Eventhough our govt doesnt want to call it war because they wont send boots to the ground- raining missles down on another country WOULD be an act of war.
Let our enemies kill each other- why should we give a damn? The "Humanitarian" reasons should not be to drop bombs. Thats not very humane.

The best thing for our country to do is to step aside for once and let others handle it.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

3. Arab support - Most of the Arab world opposed Bush’s invasion of Iraq. This time around, most of the Arab world, with the exceptions of Iraq and Lebanon, supports strikes against Assad

4. European support - Remember Freedom Fries? France and much of Europe weren’t wild about going to war in Iraq.

Neither one of those are true.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

See a lot of countries right there in there as opposed to the lie that the Us acted 'unilateraly'.

I expect this trash from Time magazine.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yep, exactly the point of the OP. Watching the propaganda wheels in motion as we speak. No one could ever consider Time as unbiased.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Hell no, this is the hollywood regime, i expect nothing less then good cgi animation and George Clooney as guest presenter. Come on Hollywood you should be lining up to work pro bono for your pals.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

So. According to Time, Obama is not looking at regime change (like Bush) He only wants to bomb Syria and arm the rebels for. . . .um. . . . Arbor Day?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Bassago

So. According to Time, Obama is not looking at regime change (like Bush) He only wants to bomb Syria and arm the rebels for. . . .um. . . . Arbor Day?

We just post them as we find them...

He's gonna send a fruit basket too.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

If someone attacked the US with a missile strike would we consider that a declaration of war? Yes we would. Geez they hit us with a couple planes and look what we did.

Under Clinton there were strategic air strikes that led to no wars...strategic infers taking out headquarters, armories, etc. Not killing thousands of innocents in one blow. Not a good comparison you present.
edit on 8/29/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join